• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

For clarification basic Word of Faith is not agreeing with Satan as Job's friends were doing, not agreeing with Satan as those who spied out the promised land and came back with an evil report---but to always agree with God's promises no matter what

Daniel 3:17-18

17If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king.

18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”

Now, why would any believer have a problem with taking God's Word as one's own?

I am not WOF, FYI.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

"When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Praise and Glory to God

In the Name of Christ Jesus

And Blessings to all the Beloved!

Thank God that He is our Just Judge....the bickering amongst the brethren is hard to even read,we even judge one another with accusations and implications that one or another does not interpret the Holy Scriptures correctly....there will always be different views and opinions but we must all agree that we are saved by Grace through our Faith in our Living Redeemer.......we are not called to be the judge ,jury,prosecution or defender of the girl in the OP but I believe we are all called to pray for her and all that have not discovered what we have at the foot of the Cross.....

Yes,it is true that by their fruits we will know them and we are to rebuke them (the brethren)to lead them back to repentance but we still cannot condemn any person because we don't know their heart.....I would just have to pray the Holy Spirit convict her and guide the ones around her to minister to her and help her.....

When we all get to heaven then we will know all Truths for now we only see in part and dimly......

Time is so short,why don't we spend it lavishing each other with the love of Christ!Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Blessings to you nikki,

Please do forgive me for not responding to the question you asked of me,,,I didn't see it.....As for quoting the statement I have made ,perhaps I was very wrong by saying "we all"as I can only speak for myself...so I will rephrase that for you..".I" am yet a process of repentance.....you see,I have not yet reached perfection and was assuming that no one else has but i can and should only speak for my own relationship with Christ and that striving towards perfection that Paul speaks of.....of course as time goes on and I decrease more & more with each new day I see the Lord increase more & more in me...praise Jesus!

There are many references to repentance in the Scriptures,especially in first coming to Christ with a repentant heart (2Peter3:9,Matt18:3.Acts26:20....just a few)which demonstrates how we need God to help us to change our thinking,attitudes & behavior & we are truly new creatures in Christ Jesus.....I never stop needing Him and always pray the Heart & Mind of Christ......I feel I am a "process"of repentance because I can be unaware of sinful direction,without it...it would be difficult to see the need to adjust that direction.....you  are right,I have no way of knowing if anyone else keeps a repentant heart,,,only the Lord knows the heart .....I do thank the Holy Spirit that convicts me when I err and I am always willing to repent that the Lord can keep me ever changing & growing in Him

I do hope that helps you to understand how I feel...no direspect intended but as much as I would love for you to understand(not concur)my point of view but I only seek Gods approval and this is what I need to do to walk in His Ways & be near Him....from my understanding of His Word  we are ever unfinished work ...being lead & taught until we are gone from this earth...

God bless you ,nikki....and may the joy of our Lord fill your heart!

With love,in Christ-Kwik                              

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Blessings to you nikki,

Please do forgive me for not responding to the question you asked of me,,,I didn't see it.....As for quoting the statement I have made ,perhaps I was very wrong by saying "we all"as I can only speak for myself...so I will rephrase that for you..".I" am yet a process of repentance.....you see,I have not yet reached perfection and was assuming that no one else has but i can and should only speak for my own relationship with Christ and that striving towards perfection that Paul speaks of.....of course as time goes on and I decrease more & more with each new day I see the Lord increase more & more in me...praise Jesus!

There are many references to repentance in the Scriptures,especially in first coming to Christ with a repentant heart (2Peter3:9,Matt18:3.Acts26:20....just a few)which demonstrates how we need God to help us to change our thinking,attitudes & behavior & we are truly new creatures in Christ Jesus.....I never stop needing Him and always pray the Heart & Mind of Christ......I feel I am a "process"of repentance because I can be unaware of sinful direction,without it...it would be difficult to see the need to adjust that direction.....you  are right,I have no way of knowing if anyone else keeps a repentant heart,,,only the Lord knows the heart .....I do thank the Holy Spirit that convicts me when I err and I am always willing to repent that the Lord can keep me ever changing & growing in Him

I do hope that helps you to understand how I feel...no direspect intended but as much as I would love for you to understand(not concur)my point of view but I only seek Gods approval and this is what I need to do to walk in His Ways & be near Him....from my understanding of His Word  we are ever unfinished work ...being lead & taught until we are gone from this earth...

God bless you ,nikki....and may the joy of our Lord fill your heart!

With love,in Christ-Kwik                              

Blessings to you Kwik

Let me say first that the OP is about  Christians who "willfully" sin, and not those who repent with a sorrowful heart.  Some people here do not seem to know the difference. When one  repents, (or makes a willful decision to stop deliberately sinning and or turns away from sinning), then he/whe becomes a new creation in Christ.  This does not mean we are perfect, because we will never, in this body of flesh, be perfect.  There is only one perfect and that is Jesus.   Jesus did not condemn the woman at the well,  or judge her, but Jesus did tell the woman to sin no more. (repent).  That is the example we are to follow.   I will concur there are those who often struggle with their sin, even after repenting;  and God in his mercy, grace  and love for us  understands  our  struggles, and  what we  are going through.  Still, the struggling ones  too have to still depend upon God's grace daily.  Don't confuse this with deliberate willful sinning, which is what the OP is about.

You mention feelings in your comments.

I would also like to say that we Christians do  not go by our feelings, but are led by the Spirit and His Word because feelings and emotions can be very deceptive.

The Bible does speak of working out your salvation with trembling.  Phil 2:12

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

With this, we must still depend upon the grace of God.  That sounds like to me what you mean when  you say you  are in the "process of repentence."

There is a promise that God does not renege on:
John 10:27-28 (AMP)

27 The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me.

28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand.

True believers need not worry:

1 John 2:19 (AMP)

19 They went out from our number, but they did not [really] belong to us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us. But [they withdrew] that it might be plain that they all are not of us.

There is a warning to the Jews about rejecting the sacrifice that God has made for them, and continuing in the sacrificial, temple system:

Hebrews 10:26 (AMP)

26 For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward].

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

There is a warning to the Jews about rejecting the sacrifice that God has made for them, and continuing in the sacrificial, temple system:

26 For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward

So now FA you are saying that this one scripture from Hebrews in the New Testament  is a warning to Jews?  God does not discriminate.  Sorry FA, I disagree with this statement .  While the Book of Hebrews was addressed  to those Hebrews  considering Jesus in 70AD, and to  the Hebrew Christians, this book, as all Books in the Bible, are divinely inspired and speak to everyone who reads the words, Jew and Gentile alike throughout all generations. 

Furthermore, I believe it is clear the scripture says nothing about the temple sacrifice system as you have said,  but specifically refers to those who deliberately and willingly sin after receiving the truth about Jesus atonement for sin; then Jesus' sacrifice on the cross does not atone for their sins. 

Which is just one of many scriptures I have already posted that shows  the once saved always saved-eternal security man made doctrine false.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edits in red

Blessings to all,

I absolutely refuse to bicker or debate with anyone as I simply do not care who agrees with my opinions (or feelings,yes-feelings),I really understand & respect many of the others opinions on this thread...even the I don't agree with them.I know exactly what this thread is about,,,,I am not "confused' between repentance & deliberate sinning(just refuse to judge whether or not someone I don't even know is willfully sinning).......

And when people start picking apart one word someone chooses,I am done.......I am retired from this thread........

Good night to Everyone.......I love to discuss different things with my brethren but I find this just too much and I see no fruit in it

With love,in Christ-Kwik

26 For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward

So now FA you are saying that this one scripture from Hebrews in the New Testament  is a warning to Jews?  God does not discriminate.  Sorry FA, I disagree with this statement .  While the Book of Hebrews was addressed  to those Hebrews  considering Jesus in 70AD, and to  the Hebrew Christians, this book, as all Books in the Bible, are divinely inspired and speak to everyone who reads the words, Jew and Gentile alike throughout all generations. 

Furthermore, I believe it is clear the scripture says nothing about the temple sacrifice system as you have said,  but specifically refers to those who deliberately and willingly sin after receiving the truth about Jesus atonement for sin; then Jesus' sacrifice on the cross does not atone for their sins. 

Which is just one of many scriptures I have already posted that shows  the once saved always saved-eternal security man made doctrine false.

I believe whoever wrote Hebrews was writing to H-E-B-R-E-W-S...Jews. We must take it in context first, which is to those Hebrew believers who were attracted to Christ, and had a knowledge of the truth, but were influenced by others to return to their Jewish ways, thereby rejecting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ in favour of the Law and of tradition.

Now, knowing this, I believe we can take a meaning for ourselves, far removed from that setting, as Holy Spirit speaks to our hearts.

whistling-1.jpg

Edited by GoldenEagle
edits in red...