IGNORED

Was Jesus death was to compensate the lives of the innocent babies ?

Andrew Wabomba

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a controversial issues that during Jesus' birth , lives of innocent babies were lost through Herod's hands . One thing I don't know if they died as martyrs. Secondly whether the parents who were affected remained to bless Jesus or cursed him the entire of their life . Thirdly and most crucial, did Jesus die as compensation for the slayed babies or for our sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here is a controversial issues that during Jesus' birth , lives of innocent babies were lost through Herod's hands . (1) One thing I don't know if they died as martyrs. (2) Secondly whether the parents who were affected remained to bless Jesus or cursed him the entire of their life . (3) Thirdly and most crucial, did Jesus die as compensation for the slayed babies or for our sin?

1. As I look up the definition of the word "martyr", it implies the person is choosing a belief or faith over avoiding death or suffering, and/or is doing so to promote a cause. In the case of the babies, they weren't willingly choosing anything. Likewise, they had no knowledge of the reason for their death. Thus, I have to conclude that their deaths were nothing more than cold-blooded murder by a mad-man.

2. I have no reason to believe that the parents had any knowledge of why Herod ordered their sons killed, nor that the person of interest had escaped. Thus, the question asks for a non-entity.

3. What do the Scriptures say?

Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Corinthians 15:3 - For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit ;

It is thus very clear that Jesus dies to take our sins.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Here is a controversial issues that during Jesus' birth , lives of innocent babies were lost through Herod's hands . One thing I don't know if they died as martyrs. Secondly whether the parents who were affected remained to bless Jesus or cursed him the entire of their life . Thirdly and most crucial, did Jesus die as compensation for the slayed babies or for our sin?

Here is a controversial issues that during Jesus' birth , lives of innocent babies were lost through Herod's hands .

One thing I don't know if they died as martyrs - No they did not, they were murdered. If they had the bible would tell us.

.Secondly whether the parents who were affected remained to bless Jesus or cursed him the entire of their life, we can't know this, the bible does not tell us .

Thirdly and most crucial, did Jesus die as compensation for the slayed babies or for our sin. What does the bible say?

Well, I agree with with you nebula .but does this leave us with assumption that it wasn't in Gods plans or inaccurate coincident. Somebody might wonder was it necessary for this sanguinary of innocent blood to occur just as section of bible fulfilment

(Mat 2:18)

Tribulations is also another incident to come , that's why Jesus felt pity to the women who'll be breastfeeding as well as those who'll be pregnant . (Mat 24:19)

This implies still innocent babies and infants will not escape death under whichever circumstances . Have everyone thought of a way to avoid such tragic or wonder why God of mercy should allow it . Unless we admit a slightest negligence in our bible studies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Andrew,

I don't know of any controversy regarding Herod authorizing the killing of male children age 2 and under in the vicinity of Bethlehem other than there being no historical evidence other than the account told us in the Gospel of Matthew....The slaughter of the innocents as it is referred to is another result of the cruelty of Herod(me thinks was a madman!)....Children that young (as Nebula pointed out)obviously were not martyred because they were not choosing to die rather than deny their faith,they were slaughtered and the Bible does not tell us if their parents even knew why.....As for the reason for Jesus death ,it is clear beginning in the Old Testament as prophesied the purpose of our Messiahs death by prophet after prophet after prophet.....We needed a Savior since the day of mans fall in the Garden of Eden....obviously it has nothing to do with compensating for children being massacred

Jesus is the once for all Sacrifice for the sins of the world that man could be reconciled back to Father God and through our Faith in Him we are saved by Grace .....So that none should perish but have everlasting life

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Well, I agree with with you nebula .but does this leave us with assumption that it wasn't in Gods plans or inaccurate coincident.

Why? (How do you come by this assumption?)

I hope I'm not bringing alot of confusion . Somebody can ask this question , was Jesus death necessaryfor remission of our sins ? What would you say ?

I hope I'm not bringing a lot of confusion . Somebody can ask this question , was Jesus death necessary for remission of our sins ? What would you say ?

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:22

I hope I'm not bringing alot of confusion . Somebody can ask this question , was Jesus death necessaryfor remission of our sins ? What would you say ?

The answer is found in Hebrews 9-10.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Greetings in Love,

Everybody has answered so wonderfully!!! Seems like I just need to type this...When Herod had all the babies killed he was hoping beyond hope that he would in the slaughter do away with Our Jesus and so the Plan of God for Our Redemption would not have happened...(Yes...The Plan Prophesied for years and years and years...) it is important that God's Sovereignty and His Way Would Come to Pass...even Miraculously!!! even Impossibly!!! It just proves to me that He Is All Mighty God...