• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

What do you do when a leader lets you down?  I have known this person for all the time I've been in my current church, about 8 years.  Now, granted I'm the odd ball, but whenever I have needed support and encouragement, she has always been there.  However, she knows I'm strange, and she thinks I don't see it, but she smirks at me and rolls her eyes with others - those even not in a position of authority, after she talks to me.  Others do this to me to, but I'm surprised at her because I thought we were quite similar in personality in some ways.  Obviously not. 

We went away for a special weekend and we were all supposed to be unified in God together, and praying together, and encountering God in our midst together.  I was praying so much about this, but after the 1000th time she did it, I just completely lost all enthusiasm to be around her, I couldn't even look at her.  I'd rather be around people who actually want me around, or just by myself is absolutely fine.  Then, and this is the kicker, she all of a sudden couldn't take her eyes off of me.  I avoided her after that, made sure I was on the phone when passing by her, and she didn't say one word but it was possible she was annoyed at me for my reaction to her.

All this time if I bothered her or offended her in any way, why didn't she just tell me?  Out of the two of us, she's the one in authority, she can advise me in any way.  And if she didn't want to talk to me all this time, she didn't have to start conversations with me.  I don't need a pity party, thank you very much.

I have prayed about the incident, my reaction to her, I said sorry to God for it, and asked for forgiveness on my part and asked for help to forgive her.  The enemy is a liar and he wants division among us, and this still hurts, but I want to move on past this. 

Should I confront her?  I don't really want to challenge her authority, especially considering the positive nature of our relationship beforehand.  But is it right for her to come to me first?  Should I apologise?  If so, what am I apologising for?  My reaction to her double-facedness? I feel as though she is being two-faced big time, and I don't know how, without God's help, I can trust her again, or if I ever will.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Well I think two things...yes, you can tell her how hurt you are and how you are feeling...I think she should hear that.

I also think that she is human just like the rest of us, and just because she is a leader doesn't mean she doesnt have her areas that need work too.  So letting her know how much this has hurt you may allow God to work in her life in this area, and maybe there can be a reconsiliation between the two of you

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Praying

Hi Joe, I'm sure I want to agree, but could you spell out what you're saying a bit more?  are you referring to her or me?

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Praying

Hi Joe, I'm sure I want to agree, but could you spell out what you're saying a bit more? are you referring to her or me?

:thumbsup:

~

Beloved,  Man Pleasing Is A Big Problem Within My Life And God Is Working On It

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. Colossians 3:23-25

And In The Winking And Blinking Life Of Other Dear Believers

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:3-7

And So As Usual, The Scripture First Whacks Me

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

And Then Whosoever He Wills

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

Clear As

Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 26:12

Mud?

Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 29:20

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

praying for you sister  :mgcheerful: and for her to that the Lord will soften her heart and bring restoration to the friendship  :mgcheerful:

Thanks for your prayers everyone :emot-hug: .  The Lord is revealing a lot about the situation actually.  Will keep you posted.  Watch this prayer space...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Dear Sister Zion,

God bless you and may the Holy Spirit give you Wisdom & Understanding....of course you should go to her,and you should reason together....you are united by faith in the knowledge of our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus......pray that the Holy Spirit brings all remembrance to you and  be an open vessel for the Lord to work through,walk in spirit and in truth....it is when we are in the flesh that our emotions get in the way and we begin to lean on our own unreliable hearts and minds....trust God,Christ is the Authority and He is not a respecter of persons......we all fall short of the glory of God.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

We should always do things for the building up of the church,encouraging one another,patience,forgiveness,love

Praise the Lord!  The devil is a liar!!!

Had a long chat with her about everything, and I found that she absolutely loves me!  She said she had this issue before with another person and that she absolutely does not know what the other girl is talking about either.  She just doesn't know what her face is doing sometimes (thinking about it, I guess none of us do at times) and as we both talked we discovered that we had similar ways of thinking about things and that we were thinking similar things about each other.  It's clear to both of us that the enemy is trying to bring disunity among us.  However, he has been exposed in our midst and put to shame!  I believe that God has worked this situation out for good for the both of us and I have my sister in Christ back!  It was so easy to heal the hurt, it made it seem so trivial, and indeed I believe that it was, especially in God's eyes.

Praise the Lord!  Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your encouragement to talk to her.  We ended up ministering God's love and mercy and grace to one another for a long time, and I believe that God directed us this way.  I never thought there would come a day when I would minister to her, but there you go!  God uses the foolish to confound the wise and the weak to confound the strong.  And He is ALWAYS right!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

It's clear to both of us that the enemy is trying to bring disunity among us.  However, he has been exposed in our midst and put to shame!  I believe that God has worked this situation out for good for the both of us and I have my sister in Christ back!  It was so easy to heal the hurt, it made it seem so trivial, and indeed I believe that it was, especially in God's eyes.

Praise the Lord!  Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Amen Zion , glad to hear everything worked out  :mgcheerful: