IGNORED

Why can't people be more sensative to those with mental health dis

missmuffet

but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

as of today there is no conclusive evidence for the term chemical imbalance, its a term used and prescriptions are filled yet none of these drugs have any real scientific evidence they balance anything 

Tell that to a person with bipolar disorder. lol, come on man, and you're wrong about evidence. There is plenty of evidence. You just need to research more and learn more. Better yet, tell Maurice Benard the pills don't work. :duh:

yes pills change your mood and the way you feel, I have no doubt that people who suffer from mood swings do not feel better taking a mood altering drug I'm sure they do! no there is no conclusive evidence of the term "chemical imbalance"  they can't determine what chemicals are lacking and what ones are needed and where and when they should be any certain place in your brain  its simply terminology they use when they have no idea what's really wrong with you, and for the lack words they say "you must have a chemical imbalance" next time your at the doctor ask him what chemicals are out of balance and how the drug he is prescribing works to balance them.........Its a really funny look he'll give you

I know what you mean. This girl on this dvd I watched needed over 10 electro shock therapy sessions for her depression to minimize or cease. Having the doctor choose your meds is a crapshoot, I know. Some have to go through many different kinds of pills to get the right one, but that's the thing. One day you will find a cure or help from science. You will eventually find the right one, and when you do those pills can save you from a lot of mysery. Searching for the right pill is productive. At least you're doing something to help your situation. Yes there is evidence of the term chemical imbalance. Just because they have a hard time determining what chemicals are off doesn't mean chemical imbalance doesn't exist. The doctors know the bug exists, but their still researching on how to crush it, so choosing meds won't be a crapshoot. Keep searching brother.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I would say much of mental problems is based on feelings, and feelings and emotions are about the most untrustworthy part of being a human, believing in them as if they are unfaultable and inerrant is half of the problem. just look at the emotion of love, certainly we can all agree that there are times when we don't feel love for people, do we simply say then I'm broken I need a pill to help me love, I'm not happy or I am quick to anger, or I am sad, they are all emotions and not one of them is unfaultable or can be quickly changed with the change of circumstances 

If there really was no way we can  control our emotions then much of the bible was written in vain, because if I kill someone its because I could not control my hate

If I steal something its because I can't control my covetous heart

If I venture into adulterous behaviors its simply because I could not control the love I have for other woman 

the list is endless to what a person can do that has no control over their emotions, but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

as of today there is no conclusive evidence for the term chemical imbalance, its a term used and prescriptions are filled yet none of these drugs have any real scientific evidence they balance anything 

please don't think I don't have a clue to what mental illness is like, I do, I simply refuse to believe it has authority over my life and my emotions, and I've found rebuking negative feelings as if they were lies from the pit of hell a much better approach than medicine, as I can now look back and see depression is an implanted false feeling, especially when you know in your heart that you have absolutely no reason in this world for why you should be depressed

but that's just me, if you like taking pills to change your emotions then more power to you

Somehow I think if someone is in the grip of overwhelming clinical depression if they could 'think' their way out of it they would because it is misery. Do you tell schizophrenics to out think it? The brain is a physical organ of the body just like the heart is, why wouldn't you think the brain could go physically wrong also?

I am happy you are able to deal with your situation, the problem is, some people deal with stuff much worse than you do this way. Judging others because you have found ways to cope assumes that same stuff would work for them and I don't know why you'd assume that.

I think if you read my post again you will see  I didn't judge anyone I just gave my opinion, you must consider one very important fact of the American Medical Association and all other Medical schools and institutions for learning and practicing medicine, none of them believe in spiritual and demonic illnesses and behaviors, that are clearly shown to exist in the bible. 

this is a huge part of reality to simply over look and pretend it doesn't exist

It would be like pretending my car had no need for oil and I just kept running it, each time it breaks down I replace parts but I never fix the problem.

the Medical world does not acknowledge God or demons, it denies the possibility of spiritual affliction, so it simply medicates the symptoms and yes people are happier on the medication, it does seem to work, I'd be happy to if I were taking mood altering drugs, why do you think there is a drug epidemic? people really like to feel good by simply taking a pill

Here's a question for you Michael, why does it matter if people take pills? If they are informed and know the possible risks of it, and still choose to do it, who cares anyway? That's aside from the serious mental health issue even.

It doesn't matter to me! as pills never really cure the problem they simply mask the symptoms, you can spend your whole life masking symptoms but I would rather fix the problem as most medications have adverse health risk to other organs in your body

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

Tell that to a person with bipolar disorder. lol, come on man, and you're wrong about evidence. There is plenty of evidence. You just need to research more and learn more. Better yet, tell Maurice Benard the pills don't work. :duh:

yes pills change your mood and the way you feel, I have no doubt that people who suffer from mood swings do not feel better taking a mood altering drug I'm sure they do! no there is no conclusive evidence of the term "chemical imbalance"  they can't determine what chemicals are lacking and what ones are needed and where and when they should be any certain place in your brain  its simply terminology they use when they have no idea what's really wrong with you, and for the lack words they say "you must have a chemical imbalance" next time your at the doctor ask him what chemicals are out of balance and how the drug he is prescribing works to balance them.........Its a really funny look he'll give you

I know what you mean. This girl on this dvd I watched needed over 10 electro shock therapy sessions for her depression to minimize or cease. Having the doctor choose your meds is a crapshoot, I know. Some have to go through many different kinds of pills to get the right one, but that's the thing. One day you will find a cure or help from science. You will eventually find the right one, and when you do those pills can save you from a lot of mysery. Searching for the right pill is productive. At least you're doing something to help your situation. Yes there is evidence of the term chemical imbalance. Just because they have a hard time determining what chemicals are off doesn't mean chemical imbalance doesn't exist. The doctors know the bug exists, but their still researching on how to crush it, so choosing meds won't be a crapshoot. Keep searching brother.

show me the science that they can prove there is a chemical imbalance!

show me the science that they can prove there is a chemical imbalance!

I would start with these DVD's on Amazon, from what you should watch first..

1. This Emotional Life - Daniel Gilbert

2. Up/Down - Kyle Gehring

3. OC87:The Obsessive Compulsive, Major Depression, Bipolar, Asperger's Movie - Bud Clayman

4. Depression: Out of the Shadows

5. The Misunderstood Epidemic: Depression - Susan Polis Schutz

6. Shadow Voices: Finding Hope in Mental Illness

7. Men Get Depression - Grady Watts

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I think if you read my post again you will see  I didn't judge anyone I just gave my opinion, you must consider one very important fact of the American Medical Association and all other Medical schools and institutions for learning and practicing medicine, none of them believe in spiritual and demonic illnesses and behaviors, that are clearly shown to exist in the bible. 

this is a huge part of reality to simply over look and pretend it doesn't exist

It would be like pretending my car had no need for oil and I just kept running it, each time it breaks down I replace parts but I never fix the problem.

the Medical world does not acknowledge God or demons, it denies the possibility of spiritual affliction, so it simply medicates the symptoms and yes people are happier on the medication, it does seem to work, I'd be happy to if I were taking mood altering drugs, why do you think there is a drug epidemic? people really like to feel good by simply taking a pill

If you truly believe depression is demonic, then you must admit that Satan can be overcome with a pill.

Oh my.......Sometimes the truth can pop you right in head... :grin:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

James 5:13-18  

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Elijah was a human being even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and heavens gave rain,and the earth produced it's crops.

my own response: Obviously we should not speak ill of others, or put them down, or judge, or condemn them at all. We shouldn't make light of what some people are suffering with, but the people who make light of such things are usually not aware that what they are saying could be held as hurtful to some people. So just gently remind them not to make light of such things. That being said, many Christians don't realize that there is healing available in Christ. Real healing. Healing from past trauma, former bad relationships (family or otherwise), even healing from being put down or made fun of and the resulting feelings left afterwards. Healing from Christ is real, but sometimes people have to let go of feelings holding them back, which can sometimes be hard. A mental condition is a real sickness, and most people do care. Sometimes the past can get stuck in some people's mind.

Don't forget to forgive people who have hurt your feelings by what they have said. When we hear someone say something we wish they hadn't said, it sort of reminds us to be careful with what we say. If anyone reading this is suffering with a mental or emotional condition, know that you are loved by God and even by Christians. I hope you find things that give you joy that are in line with God's will for your life. Lean on God, He is all powerful. If you need medication, then do what helps you. Most people who have depression are deprived of vitamin B-12 (just in case that information helps anyone).

Matthew 6:14-15

For if you forgive others when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins your heavenly Father will not forgive you.