IGNORED

Is The Arguing Between Both Parties Really Necessary?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Well as we watch the government closing down do you believe first of all that any of this is really necessary?

Do you think there is any real solution to any of the issues? If yes what?

Do you think it would be wise to find some impartial mediator to help both parties to compromise even if they just try a solution on a temporary basis?

Also do you believe either party is really concerned what the American people really feel?

:thumbsup:

Two

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Viewpoints

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Yet Only One LORD

And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped. Exodus 34:5

God Above

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

All

~

Praying~!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

1) As a fiscal and social conservative I think its necessary. 

2) on this exact issue Its probably counter productive.

I think Obama has had the press wrapped around his finger and gotten away with a lot things that other folks could not get away with.   I also think it was extremely bogus the way they passed the Healthcare Law. It was not done the way legislation is suppose to be passed Constitutionally speaking,and that the law itself really stinks for many reasons.   And I cannot get over the absolute double standard and naked favoritism how most of the media has covered the issues over the last few years, and the one sided way they have vetted the political candidates the last 5 years.

That being said I think pundits like Carl Rove, Bill O'reilly are right on advising against the shut down.   But I got to say, "when the shoe is on the other foot" the other side is able to get away with doing these things with the blessing of the general media.   (i.e.- The government was shutdown 8 times under Reagan, Obama voted against raising the debt limit in 2006 etc.)

Edited by Addai

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone ,

It seems like such a farce to me...I don't know very much about politics & I don't claim to but they say there hasn't been a complete shut down in 17yrs but since that time there has been like 70some odd partial shut downs...why wasn't the media interested in those at the time?,,,I believe it is all about (as my dad used to say)who is getting their palms greased!!!

Same thing ,if you ask me-which I am sure some are not(lol)but Clintons indiscretions...all that did is make a mockery of us to all other countries.....all purposeful leaks to the media for ones personal(or political party)gain at anothers expense....no,Waiting...I do not believe that either party cares what the American people feel....I wonder who the last president was that really did care?And least of all they certainly don't care what God thinks,thats whats really hurtful & scarey....

With love ,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

... they say there hasn't been a complete shut down in 17yrs but since that time there has been like 70some odd partial shut downs...why wasn't the media interested in those at the time?,,,I believe it is all about (as my dad used to say)who is getting their palms greased!!!...

Hmm... Good point. I don't recall any if much mention or fuss about shut-downs before.

... they say there hasn't been a complete shut down in 17yrs but since that time there has been like 70some odd partial shut downs...why wasn't the media interested in those at the time?,,,I believe it is all about (as my dad used to say)who is getting their palms greased!!!...

Hmm... Good point. I don't recall any if much mention or fuss about shut-downs before.

That's because the lame stream media is still drinking Obama's KoolAid. They are not reporting news. They are pushing the party line agenda and trying to make the so called shutdown look as bad a possible for political reasons. I don't think they've started running little old ladies starving because their check didn't show up yet, but it may not be long before they do. I just wonder what else they are doing while everyone else is watching this dog and pony show. . . :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I tend to think the  "government shutdown" hype the Obama media is proclaiming is just that.. all hype and scare tactics to force a reaction from the public to help Obama get his way.   According to this article, the "government shutdown" is only 17% shutdown. 

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wheres-sense-of-crisis-in-a-17-percent-government-shutdown/article/2536862

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone,

We have a very sad situation going on & although there are some that are thinking ,"well.its ONLY a 17% shutdown"...it seems they are not taking into consideration the people that have gone without a paycheck & are looking at going without another one this week....for many this has a devastating impact.....and its not only the people that work for the government that are suffering the consequence of this dog & pony show but the millions of small businesses that depend on the patronage of these out of work people.....I understand there are always sacrifices that have to be made in order to win a battle but no one on capital hill is making any........ neither Obama nor GOP could care any less about "the people "and it has never been made so clear........very,very  sad.....

With love4,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I liked the way the veterans at the WW11 memorial took the portable fences and tossed them in a pile on the sidwalk outside the whithouse today. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I liked the way the veterans at the WW11 memorial took the portable fences and tossed them in a pile on the sidwalk outside the whithouse today. 

That was so cool!  The vets are true patriots, and most vets I know are Christian.  Not saying all vets  love the Lord, but a great amount of them do.  And most I know would do anything for their neighbor.    Most of  these vets  have lost and sacrificed  so much, families, friends, limbs, and yet, they would guard the memorials during the "shutdown" or clean up the area without pay, giving their own time, and sacrificing their own money,  unlike those who are talking about or worried about where their next pay check will come from.