• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I never said I agreed with congress. What I said was the shutdown, was the last ditch effort to gain control of spending and as such I'm behind it. The reality is though is that our government is as a whole power hungry and dysfunctional. I think following a certain other country's example and arresting all of congress and re-electing new members might be the very thing this country needs. Just as long as the new government knows we arrested the last bunch and aren't afraid to do it again.

I also said if there was a viable third option (several times as a matter of fact) that I would be all for it. This will likely make no difference in reality but they have the right to do it and they should. Why is it when occupy movement went all over with their protests and held protests they were upheld as heros-but anytime american workers stand up against what's bad in the country, such as bikers and truckers, they're treated like vermin? I know your not doing that but there are many that do act like that.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I never said I agreed with congress. What I said was the shutdown, was the last ditch effort to gain control of spending and as such I'm behind it. The reality is though is that our government is as a whole power hungry and dysfunctional. I think following a certain other country's example and arresting all of congress and re-electing new members might be the very thing this country needs. Just as long as the new government knows we arrested the last bunch and aren't afraid to do it again.

I also said if there was a viable third option (several times as a matter of fact) that I would be all for it. This will likely make no difference in reality but they have the right to do it and they should. Why is it when occupy movement went all over with their protests and held protests they were upheld as heros-but anytime american workers stand up against what's bad in the country, such as bikers and truckers, they're treated like vermin? I know your not doing that but there are many that do act like that.

When you say 'viable third option" are you speaking of candidates for office?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

1) I did not like the occupiers at all. 

2) I dont think the truckers protesting is good if they are wanting members of congress arrested. I place blame on the white house for the division and problems here. 

@ jade I know you didn't I even stated as such. And I agree a good portion of the blame is on the white house-but you also forget the house and senate can override the white house If they could get along. Problem is there's to many hard headed liberals in congress as well. And in all honesty, the republicans maybe fighting on the right side now but the reason were in this predicament is just as much their fault as anyone else's. No owned hands are clean here.

@ jdavis by viable third option I mean arresting all of congress as well as the folks in the white house and starting fresh.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

No guarantees fresh folks wouldnt be just as bad. 

Im pretty much disgusted by any politician and any potential politician.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Earl Conlon is not part of the truckers ride.  He should not be speaking for them.  The warnings have been sent out to the news organizations who have quoted Earl as "a legitimate" member of this ride...I guess he's not.

https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstitution

Thank you for the FB Page.  It looks like the truckers have a large following. :clap:     As for Earl Conlon, I never heard of the guy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

What's stopping him from doing that now? Why does he need all the trucks? 

To answer your question, I haven't an idea. I never heard of this Conlon guy.  But I am all for the truckers and what they are doing, whether they succeed or not. I hope they bring lots of camera with them because the Obama media will try  paint a bad picture.   I think the truckers, like the bikers before them, are part of a grassroots movement taking place in America openly displaying their disapproval against this corrupt congress, senate, and the one who sits in the WH when he is not out golfing. 

@ jade I know you didn't I even stated as such. And I agree a good portion of the blame is on the white house-but you also forget the house and senate can override the white house If they could get along. Problem is there's to many hard headed liberals in congress as well. And in all honesty, the republicans maybe fighting on the right side now but the reason were in this predicament is just as much their fault as anyone else's. No owned hands are clean here.

@ jdavis by viable third option I mean arresting all of congress as well as the folks in the white house and starting fresh.

every two years we have the option of getting rid of every single person in the House, yet we retain them at a 90% rate...and this happens while their approval rating is around 10%.

How does this happen?  the two numbers do not logically go together.

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

What's stopping him from doing that now? Why does he need all the trucks? 

To answer your question, I haven't an idea. I never heard of this Conlon guy.  But I am all for the truckers and what they are doing, whether they succeed or not. I hope they bring lots of camera with them because the Obama media will try  paint a bad picture.   I think the truckers, like the bikers before them, are part of a grassroots movement taking place in America openly displaying their disapproval against this corrupt congress, senate, and the one who sits in the WH when he is not out golfing. 

I do not believe that one's protest should be able to harm the livelihood of another citizen. 

I agree we have that chanc every two years and they won't. Just liked they won't actually arrest everyone this time, but the point is that they're at least letting those in charge that were not happy with them which is why we have freedom of speech.

As far as affecting peoples lively hood, who's are they affecting? I sincerely doubt. They're going to literally block off everyone without a sticker like this earl guy says-lIKE ITS ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT he is NOT a spokesman for the group. All they're likely to do a congest traffic more. And even if they do so what? Who's livelihood are they going to effect? All the "nonessential" government employees are laid off and the ones that went are probably the. Ones that should of. And don't forget those drivers are giving up thousands of dollars a day to do this, so they are in reality sacrificing their lively hood to get their voices known. The ye not some bum out there on welfare protesting a cut to their check these are people who work for a living who are taking their trucks and their fuel to do this. Knee in mind diesals $4 + a gallon right now and every day they're in DC is a day they're losing large amounts of money. Most of these trucks will make 4 figures a day when they're hauling so 3 days is a big hit. So they deserve at least some respect for that-even if you don't agree with them.