IGNORED

"And the earth gave forth" God made us by way of evolution.

fromeasttowest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Hello and WELCOME.

Genesis 1:26-28 NASB Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Genesis 2:7 NASB Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting way of looking at things. Could god have done it that way. Of course. Did god do it that way. Not one single person on earth knows for sure if it was in 7 days or through evolution because they weren't there. Oh and welcome.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

This is the case for the belief that God made everything by way of an evolving process (which was his creative idea) to disguise himself from man a little bit so that we believe in Him by faith. 

Good morning from east to west,

let me ask you three questions:

* I agree with you that "the earth gave forth" sounds like evolution... but did you notice that the wording in the Bible changes when it comes to the development of man?

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,1 and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” Gen 1:26 bolded mine

* do you believe that if God created man directly some thousand years ago (YEC view) or even more time ago (OEC view), he would have been in need of disguising himself so that nobody today would know?

* what do you mean by this:

That's why God makes the distinction between sons of God (spiritless humans) and human women (those with the spirit).

is your point to distinguish between men and women? The women being the spirit filled and all the other children of God just dead? Or did you just want to avoid gender bias?

Not one single person on earth knows for sure if it was in 7 days or through evolution because they weren't there.

:thumbsup:

Nice Try Beloved

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:2-2

But No Prize

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

For One Who Was There

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Testified

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

And Those In The Know Believe Him

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fromeasttowest!

Welcome to Worthy and I will be happy to participate on your topic when it is moved to the appropriate forum ,so I am not avoiding your questions...just waiting respectfully and look forward to chatting with you!!!!I am sure you are going to enjoy Worthy,it is truly a blessing from God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Blessings fromeasttowest!

Welcome to Worthy and I will be happy to participate on your topic when it is moved to the appropriate forum, so I am not avoiding your questions... just waiting respectfully and look forward to chatting with you!!!! I am sure you are going to enjoy Worthy, it is truly a blessing from God!

With love, in Christ-Kwik

Beloved Sister, It's Moved  :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I thought that this was the science faith forum but welcome anyway. About your timeline... Sensible but doesn't it conflict with Genesis 1, 24 hour days? And Gen 2 about bringing life to dust? I'm not saying that I am against evolution, although I do have a reservation about that. But reading the Biblical events sequence and its zenith (creation of man) seem to be at odds with what you propose.

I would always advise caution when describing that scientific theories fulfill Biblical teachings. Scientific hypotheses and theories sometimes are changed or abandoned (particularly cosmology but also in life sciences) and then where are you? I recently heard William Lane Craig refer to singularity as if it were fact. We should know better. Personally, I am of Gould's Nonoverlapping Magesteria mindset.

hey what's up?:-) 

your first question:  It does conflict if you interpret the day as a 24 hour day. Which is an understandable way of interpreting it because it says over and over again "and there was evening and morning a third day (yowm)".  So I understand but then I read a few verses later in Genesis 2:4 it sums up what just happened by saying "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day (yowm) that the Lord God made earth and heaven." NASB Here it says it all happened in one day now?  So either the Bible conflicts itself or we are interpreting it wrong.  I think (now I'm not claiming this to be some holy revelation this is just what I think)  I think perhaps that the story was presented to humanity in the seven day format to provide closure for each segment of creation and to show that God is not chaotic and to create an example to us on how we should go about our week.  But now that we are in the final hours and knowledge has greatly increased we understand the fine details on the way he created us.

Question two:  The dust to life verse. I love this verse. Think about it. Why would God need dust to form us? Why wouldn't he simply create us out of thin air instantly?  It says he formed us out of dust. Forming something takes time. This is a beautiful verse you see we are truly made of dust so to speak. The elements that make up our body are the same elements that make up the earth-the dust.  From dust we came and to dust we will return.  By decomposing and becoming dirt.  We came forth from the earth just as the plants and animals did in Genesis 1. He evolved us into being.  

---Pantheism was everywhere when the creation story was first being told. If  God would have been frank with us and explained evolution to us the way we understand it today the ancient people back then would have thought what? We share traits with apes? We have gills during an early stage as a fetus? Lets worship the apes! We are half ape and fish. They would have turned it into a pantheistic thing. So he disguised the truth from humanity like he always does until we are mature enough to handle it.       

Not one single person on earth knows for sure if it was in 7 days or through evolution because they weren't there.

Nice Try Beloved

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1:2-2

But No Prize

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

For One Who Was There

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Testified

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

And Those In The Know Believe Him

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

"And the earth was formless, and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep"NASB The hebrew word for "formless" used here is "tohuw" which has no certain parallels in other languages so we must determine it's meaning entirely from Old Testament contexts.  

Isaiah 40:17 All the nations are as nothing [tohuw] before him, They are regarded by Him as less than nothing [tohuw] and meaningless[tohuw].

Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over empty space [tohuw] , and hangs the earth on nothing[tohuw].

This verse to me is describing unreality. And Job here is talking about outer space.

This is the case for the belief that God made everything by way of an evolving process (which was his creative idea) to disguise himself from man a little bit so that we believe in Him by faith. 

Good morning from east to west,

let me ask you three questions:

* I agree with you that "the earth gave forth" sounds like evolution... but did you notice that the wording in the Bible changes when it comes to the development of man?

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,1 and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” Gen 1:26 bolded mine

* do you believe that if God created man directly some thousand years ago (YEC view) or even more time ago (OEC view), he would have been in need of disguising himself so that nobody today would know?

* what do you mean by this:

That's why God makes the distinction between sons of God (spiritless humans) and human women (those with the spirit).

is your point to distinguish between men and women? The women being the spirit filled and all the other children of God just dead? Or did you just want to avoid gender bias?

Yes it says, "let us make man in our image".  Well if God's ingenious and beautifully harmonious plan was that we would be created by a process that he set in motion and willed and orchestrated wouldn't that still count as Him making us? He still totally did make us. Besides he made us from dust right? Why would he make us from the same elements as the earth? Almost as if we came forth from the earth. See where I'm going with this?

You can only come to the Father through Jesus by faith.  You can't get there by proving him scientifically.  So if there is some person who is trying to find out the meaning of it all by studying this reality and becoming a scientist that person will not succeed in finding God. If us creationist scientist could go back into the fossil record and say hey look this is where this animal was created and this animal too and all at the same depth 5000 years ago and there is no animal that is deeper down that looks similar to it. Then we could prove by science that God created us in seven 24 hour days and the whole world would believe in God based on that. And there would be no reason for faith or Jesus or love.  However we do find more bones deeper down that look like funny looking horses and other stuff that doesn't exist today but used to and looks curiously similar to some of the animals we have today... basically God has keep the worldly scientist busy going about in circles through his process of evolution because those kinds of people will never except faith. Well so be it.  He leaves them to fend for themselves digging through the dirt with a toothbrush and mans wisdom is futile because it can not explain the why. He disguised his truth from those who do not have an ear to hear the same way he disguised the truth of the Kingdom of Heaven in parables.  Evolution is the perfect way to create us because it forces us to believe in God based on faith.

Genesis 6:1When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.3Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend witha humans forever, for they are mortalb ; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

Why the distinction between Sons of God and daughters of humans? My theory (just a theory not a divine revelation I could be wrong about all of this okay) my theory is that Cain didn't marry his sister the theory goes that there were more people on the earth when Adam and Eve were around it's just that they weren't true humans in the sense that they couldn't communicate with God like Adam's offspring could because God didn't breath spirit into them. The other people on the Earth had soul and Body but no spirit.  That's also why they were so quick to be animalistic and just take the human women (the humans with spirit) for themselves and that's why God destroyed them in the flood. To give the humans with spirit more of a chance. The nephilim comes from the hebrew verb naphal  meaning "to fall" in general but is often associated with violence. It is also noted that they were "men of great stature" Emphasis should be placed upon the fact that they were men of violence who had no respect for other men.  Why does God make this distinction in humans? Even giving a class of humans there own name "nephilim". I believe these are the other humans on the earth that also evolved but didn't possess a God given spirit like Adam's offspring.

Interesting way of looking at things. Could god have done it that way. Of course. Did god do it that way. Not one single person on earth knows for sure if it was in 7 days or through evolution because they weren't there. Oh and welcome.

Yup i agree there is no way to know for sure if God did it that way. By faith alone can we find Him.