other one

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Well, in my opinion, he does much better at defining the problem, than offering a solution. The numbers are so big and out of control, that I am of the opinion that we cannot fix the country. Confiscating the entire wealth of the country, is probably insufficient to pay off our debts etc.

We are already stealing from our kids and grandkids to afford our lifestyle, we have so overspent that it is impossible to come back from I believe.

Now he is right, that if we are to have a chance, then we will have to cut spending drastically, improve production, sacrifice like we not only never have, but have never imagined.

Those are just the realities of the consequences of how we have behaved as a country for a long long time. One of the reasons we have been so prosperous, is that we stole gold from other countries, and we are steeling again by printing fiat currency. That will not work indefinetly, as eventually no one will want our currency, because we will have made it worthless, or nearly so.

The problem with his solution, is it does not take a realistic view of human nature. We do not want to sacrifice, we would rather continue to steal from other countries and from future generations than to tighten our belts and live sacrificially.

I do not beleive that the American people, will be told the truth, and if they are, they will not listen, we have an 'it can't happen to us' mentality, and so we will likely continue to keep our heads in the sand. The one hope to my mind, is that we have a conversion of virtually 100% of our population to Christianity, and that those believers will be willing to live as Christians should, and not like 99% of the church lives now.

Even then, I think it would take a special blessing of God to pull us out of it.

I am happy to provide this little ray of sunshine into your though streams, but cheer up saints, it is going to get worse, and that just means we are closer to the return of our Saviour, praise the Lord.

The most overlooked thing in this topic, is that fixing our country, is not a matter of fiscal responsibiliy. Fiscal irresponsibility, is not a cause of our problems, it is a symptom of them. In spite of my outlook there is this:

13“If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.