• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

60,000,000 French phone calls in a month, the German Chancellors phone over ten years, Brazil and about 50 other world leaders, all having their phones tapped.

When they start getting your own children to report you, we have the Stazi, and the Nazi's again.

It is exactly what the Nazi's did with the Gestapo, and I am afraid of the parallels.  

Take for instant my country. In order to buy a cellphone you have to have it registered, which includes your social security (ID number here), home and work address, etc, before the cell company can register it for use. Why? They say organized crime, I say the start of knee high black boots. The hat comes later. 

And I am no follower of fashion.... :mgbowtie:

I think sticking with a pre paid sim is wise.

You cannot buy any sim here, prepaid or not without registering it, and it takes a while to do, up to 24 hours in some instances, quicker in others.

Big brother...... :cool2:

George Orwell was right was he not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

60,000,000 French phone calls in a month, the German Chancellors phone over ten years, Brazil and about 50 other world leaders, all having their phones tapped.

When they start getting your own children to report you, we have the Stazi, and the Nazi's again.

It is exactly what the Nazi's did with the Gestapo, and I am afraid of the parallels.  

Take for instant my country. In order to buy a cellphone you have to have it registered, which includes your social security (ID number here), home and work address, etc, before the cell company can register it for use. Why? They say organized crime, I say the start of knee high black boots. The hat comes later. 

That is very disturbing fez. I suspect your suspicion is exactly right. Governments always use 'crime control' as an excuse to gain extra control over populaces.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, there is concern that invasion of privacy has gone too far.

On the other hand, whenever a terrorist strikes, doesn't everyone cry out why the gov't spy agencies didn't know about it?

There are risks we have to live with if we want to be people with rights that are actually respected by the state. Of course encroachment always starts in teh name of safety, but once the precedence is set there is no going back.

There are also risks for following Christ

“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  Matthew 16:24

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I find it hard to believe that all these countries expressing outrage are not doing the same thing to us and their citizens.

If you have not done so Google "nsa utah data center" and see the nice new pretty building they have and the computing and storage power they have in it.

I find it hard to believe that all these countries expressing outrage are not doing the same thing to us and their citizens.

If you have not done so Google "nsa utah data center" and see the nice new pretty building they have and the computing and storage power they have in it.

Oh of course they are in one way or another.

They just haven't been caught yet.......

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

The German and Brazilian governments have both just announced that they will be setting up systems of servers that operate only inside their borders in an attempt to stop the NSA spying on them. I don't know how this will work but apparently they seem to think it will, and the Germans are no slouch's when it comes to technology.

I applaud both the Germans and Brazilian governments, government has so over stepped the boundaries of freedom, and its only matter of time when these same powers will be used against people, if they are not all ready 

You applaud censorship and restriction of what a citizen is allowed to see or read?  Seriously?

you must not understand what the filter does, people can go anywhere on the web in Germany and Brazil the filter simply makes it impossible to follow your travel to your address, much the same way "Hide your IP" websites work 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

well that's an interesting idea, as if organized crime will follow the laws, or they will simply be the only ones with illegal sim cards

this is the same idea for taking away guns, then only the criminals will have them, wow that's smart!