Guest DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Smoking cost me so much financially, that I have to declare that is truly a habit that enslaves you.

Oh no smoking is not a habit.It is a very serious addiction.It is said that it is easier to give up a heroin addiction than cigarettes.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I smoked cigs for ten years myself. Then I quit on 1/1/10. The past three years however, I've had some trouble quitting w/compulsive buying. I'm hoping to end that one on 1/1/14.

me too, Willow...amazing how the bills can be paid now...I no longer run out of month before running out of money...Hahaha...And I even stopped smoking before the price went sky high!!! That is if everyone follows the plan we have enough month...Not laughing now...Yes I am...

and I know definitely how hard it is to stop...I couldn't...I tried and I couldn't...but when the rubber hit the road and I really needed an answer to prayer...I went after Him (My Jesus) with everything in me-not playing-as if my life depended on it-and realized God needed a clean vesssel...cause He doesn't like to put new wine in an old wineskin...

But really...why should I put off til tomorrow what I can do today...Today is the day of salvation and I truly believe that our salvation is being worked out by us individually as well as collectively...It's a personal relationship for sure...and when I give up and confess and ask forgiveness...He is Amazing!!! I have a perfect example of that now...Apparently my daughter has decided to be real lazy lately...oh my...and not obey very well...don't do that around me...Now you know why God chose me as your mother!!! Hahaha...I had to send her to her room! After a while I said you can come out now...She said, "Mama, do you know what I did?" I said, "No, what did you do?" She said, "Not only while I was in my room, being punished, I read my Bible and do you know what I read? Not only John, she said, but 1 John too!" I said, "You did!" She said, "Yes...and she said, "Mom, I'm sorry...I haven't been obedient and I want to be like Abel...making righteous decisions..." It's been hard today, folks...

Oh dear...My dear friend, John...talked about Hannah...Oh Lord...You are so good...Wow is all I can say...There is Hope!!!

I smoked cigs for ten years myself. Then I quit on 1/1/10. The past three years however, I've had some trouble quitting w/compulsive buying. I'm hoping to end that one on 1/1/14.

me too, Willow...amazing how the bills can be paid now...I no longer run out of month before running out of money...Hahaha...And I even stopped smoking before the price went sky high!!! That is if everyone follows the plan we have enough month...Not laughing now...Yes I am...

and I know definitely how hard it is to stop...I couldn't...I tried and I couldn't...but when the rubber hit the road and I really needed an answer to prayer...I went after Him (My Jesus) with everything in me-not playing-as if my life depended on it-and realized God needed a clean vesssel...cause He doesn't like to put new wine in an old wineskin...

But really...why should I put off til tomorrow what I can do today...Today is the day of salvation and I truly believe that our salvation is being worked out by us individually as well as collectively...It's a personal relationship for sure...and when I give up and confess and ask forgiveness...He is Amazing!!! I have a perfect example of that now...Apparently my daughter has decided to be real lazy lately...oh my...and not obey very well...don't do that around me...Now you know why God chose me as your mother!!! Hahaha...I had to send her to her room! After a while I said you can come out now...She said, "Mama, do you know what I did?" I said, "No, what did you do?" She said, "Not only while I was in my room, being punished, I read my Bible and do you know what I read? Not only John, she said, but 1 John too!" I said, "You did!" She said, "Yes...and she said, "Mom, I'm sorry...I haven't been obedient and I want to be like Abel...making righteous decisions..." It's been hard today, folks...

Oh dear...My dear friend, John...talked about Hannah...Oh Lord...You are so good...Wow is all I can say...There is Hope!!!

Thank you NeedYouLord. The Holy Spirit has definitely been working in me this past month. I threw away my horror film collection and like 500 worldly cd's. The reason I wait till new years especially with the bigger addictions, is to pump myself up and get ready. Training my mind for three months helped me quit cigs. It also helps to start on New Years Day because of the seasons. Everyone is different though. The only way to beat this compulsive buying is to go to church every Sunday from now on so..2014 will be my church year, I need a change. Blessings. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I just want to cry and hug!!!

:bighug2: 

I have done the same thing...Filled the garbage cans to the rim!!! The Church Dumpster-Like 5 big 33 gal. garbage bags of garbage in my house!!! My my...He has been working on and in you...and it's so good!!! You won't be disappointed in anything He does-that is when it's over...Hahaha...It's the getting through it...I'll help hold your hand if you want...pm me anytime...the main thing too...is to do something constructive as soon as that "want to" hits...I had to get my mind on something else...Much love to you...But some things look impossible until we walk in them...and come out the other side into The Promised Land...I know just an analogy but hey, sometimes I get to walk in Heaven right here on earth-in the here and right now...Nothing is impossible with God...Nothing

Yeah, I saw that about the movies...Proud of you and praying!!! Much much love to you...In The Name of Jesus...

Compulsive.....OCD?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92

I'm addicted to this message board. I keep having to pop in here every so often and read stuff and post my wonderful thoughts for all of you to read. Though I am not sure that is a bad thing.

Compulsive.....OCD?

I don't think my addiction ever got that bad to the point of obsessive, however I'm not fully healed yet. I guess you can say, I'm working through it.

Compulsive.....OCD?

I don't think my addiction ever got that bad to the point of obsessive, however I'm not fully healed yet. I guess you can say, I'm working through it.

Their is a huge number of people in our world that have OCD.It just has not gotten so bad that it affects their life so they are not able to go on with their everyday activities.It is very,very common.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92

Compulsive.....OCD?

Their is a huge number of people in our world that have OCD.It just has not gotten so bad that it affects their life so they are not able to go on with their everyday activities.It is very,very common.

Okay all. OCD is different from addictions. OCD tells you that you have to flip the light switch on and off 10 times or something bad will happen. :crazy:   I have OCD. In a weird sort of way. My glasses and cell phone have to be in the same spot every night on my nightstand. It just has to be that way. My cup at the dinner table has to go in the same spot above my plate. And other little weird things like that I do.