gray wolf

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It depends...  Somtimes speaking the truth hurts people, but we're not called to smile and laugh about everything, we're called to speak the truth. 

Yes a Chrstian should have love as their motivation, but what we consider truth may or may not seem nice to us at the time. 

It's more important to never deny truth than it is to be popular.  The bible is clear that we are not to cave into be popular

Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

We are not here to be cool and fit in... we are called to speak the truth

James 4:4

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Edited by flyerboy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I am not advocating a feel good gospel. We must be truthful yet always gracious. I agree with you Rusty on that. But be charitable even when it's uncomfortable

I"m not to sure what you mean by charitable, do you mean putting a spin on the truth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

The Golden Rule comes to mind as I was reading this topic. Jesus said, "In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you".  I will say at 47 yrs old and have lived most my life with always speaking kindness and showing respect even if it isn't given back or shown from others, I have seen my own faults with these challenges. Life does get busy and so many are rushing and people will cut you off in traffic, and not to say I haven't cut someone off with my driving, because I know I have without even thinking and later it does sit on my conscience, as I do ask the Lord for forgiveness to help me to be more mindful of people.  When I talk to someone, I choose the very same words that I would use if Jesus were looking over my shoulder because He is.  There are times I also find my courage tested to the limit, God is always  near and always remember that God  rules both mountaintops and valleys. I do think we all get stuck looking thru our own perspective. A badge the Pharisees wore was you had to be good then you don't need God. Actually, we are all broken. In Mark 2 it talks about Jesus came to invite the sinners. God extends His grace ad mercy to us. So, yes I am a nice person, I know who I am in Jesus.

My mother used to tell me as a child how important the Golden Rule was. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

As I indicated earlier, not giving someone the truth for fear of offending them was not the focus of the OP. Let someone eject you for Christ, not because you're mean spirited and exhibit non Christlike behavior. Sorry if this rubs some of you the wrong way.

Edited by gray wolf

As I indicated earlier, not giving someone the truth for fear of offending them was not the focus of the OP. Let someone eject you for Christ, not because you're mean spirited and exhibit non Christlike behavior. Sorry if this rubs some of you the wrong way.

Mat_5:16  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

1Pe 2:12  Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

1Pe_2:20  But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

I am not advocating a feel good gospel. We must be truthful yet always gracious. I agree with you Rusty on that. But be charitable even when it's uncomfortable

I"m not to sure what you mean by charitable, do you mean putting a spin on the truth?
Oh no, I just meant acting with love.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

It depends...  Somtimes speaking the truth hurts people, but we're not called to smile and laugh about everything, we're called to speak the truth. 

Yes a Chrstian should have love as their motivation, but what we consider truth may or may not seem nice to us at the time. 

It's more important to never deny truth than it is to be popular.  The bible is clear that we are not to cave into be popular

Proverbs 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

But is it love when you hurt their feelings, or even make them mad? I.e telling someone that they're going to hell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,239
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

But is it love when you hurt their feelings, or even make them mad? I.e telling someone that they're going to hell.

Hurt feelings and anger for a determined period of time is better than eternity in fire don't you think? That would seem to be our only choice in the situation! Would you not agree? Love, Steven

.... not because you're mean spirited and exhibit non Christlike behavior. Sorry if this rubs some of you the wrong way.

:thumbsup:

You Know Beloved

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. Proverbs 25:11

I Often Tell Myself If I Keep On Murmuring And Complaining

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13

I Could End Up Marching Around The Same Mountain

And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me. Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you: Numbers 14:26-28

For Forty Years Until

Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me, Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.

But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.

But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in this wilderness. And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise. Numbers 14:29-34

I Drop Dead

I the LORD have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die. Numbers 14:35

That's What I Tell Myself

I thought I deleted that post. Oy vey!!!