• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

A Great Video

Just beautiful I will continue to watch this video.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

There was a time I was thinking the Orthodox way of seeing the Trinity seemed strange, concerning the Holy Spirit is only sent by the Father and not the Son. Many already are aware of the so called filique (and of the Son) conflict, which escalated the struggle between the catholic and the orthodox church, due to the notion that the Holy Spirit is derived ALSO from the Son. Some may use different terminology, and please feel free to be more historically precise if you like.

Now, lately I came to realize it was not that much about trying to question the sovereign state of the Son, but to lift up the Holy Spirit. There is a reason why this particular Spirit is a part of the Holy Trinity. I would not call myself an orthodox, but realizing how little many who believe in God and Jesus lack in knowing the Holy Spirit, the orthodox church may have had some wisdom in their logic.

I think the Holy Spirit is the most discriminated person ever. Seen often like an impersonal parent, just think how would that feel from your own child? Not trying to make a new theology here, only reminding how the God of the Holy Trinity is fully divine and absolute, all three persons in one. Let us not sadden the Holy Spirit either, Jesus said we shouldn't.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is christ and he said to his disciples in John 14 that I will not leave you comfortless for I will in a little while manifest myself on to you and make my abode with you, so that you will be in me and I in you. Christ left and came back as the Holy Ghost on Pentecost and is present with the believer.

John 14:8-10

8Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Again I ask Christians out there do you want to be like Philip to ask The Lord to show you the Holy Ghost?

The Lord will tell you the same thing:

Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Holy Ghost. How can you say, ‘Show us the Holy Ghost’? 10Don’t you believe that I am the Holy Ghost, and that the Holy Ghost is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Holy Ghost, living in me, who is doing his work.

The Trinity in Christ and the Trinity through Christ The Lord.

If your looking for other persons outside of the Lord's personhood, then The Lord as he instructed Philip will also tell you to NOT look passed or beyond his personhood for the Father or the Holy Ghost.

Be forever obedient to Jesus and look only to his personhood and no one else.

Edited by Defending the Name

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

The Holy Spirit is christ

Not so, brother. Look here:

Mark 1:9-11

In those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him; 11 and a voice came out of the heavens: “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

Here we see all three persons of the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, expressing themselves quite individually.

Jesus said so and told his disciples that in a little while he will be away and in a little while he will come back them, to make his abode with the believer.

There is no persons outside of Christ's personhood and this is not up for debate because Christ told Philip to look no further beyond him for another person called the Father.

It is simple, just obey Jesus and consider him as your Father.

Guest shiloh357

Jesus said so and told his disciples that in a little while he will be away and in a little while he will come back them, to make his abode with the believer.

There is no persons outside of Christ's personhood and this is not up for debate because Christ told Philip to look no further beyond him for another person called the Father.

that is false teaching.   Jesus did not say that He was the Father.   Jesus is the revelation of the Father, He revealed the Father, but He is not the Father.  Your position is heretical and should be rejected by all genuine followers of Jesus.

Jesus referred to the Holy Spirit as a Person and the entire NT refers to the Holy Spirit as a Person and as God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

false teaching...simply false teaching

you are right however, this is not up for debate at all.  your statements are simply false

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

John 16:13 

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

What do you make of this? For apparently, the Spirit in question is the same, but why then the description Spirit of truth instead of the Holy Spirit? 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

b

e

c

a

u

s

e

the Holy Spirit only speaks truth

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

The Holy Spirit is christ

If according to you.... Jesus is the holy spirit then whom is Jesus speaking of in these passages? I say that he is speaking of the holy spirit.

John 15 : 26

When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me.

John 16 :7

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.