*seeker*

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You need to read Luke 16-19 thru 31.  There is fire and torment.  He warns us about this place, it is our decision to go there or not.  If you love Jesus (Yahshua) follow his commandments and chose Heaven (life) and not Hell (death (permanent)).  It is a wonderful thing to warn people what to expect either way.  Search some accounts of people that have died, gone to hell and have come back.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Very good and in-depth post.  Here is the problem the way I see it.  When a Christian says God the Jewish person thinks what do they mean, are they saying that Jesus is the Father?  That can 't be if he came to do the Father's will and not his own and he prayed to the Father.  In the King James Bible God is a translation of Elohim.  Elohim can be singular or plural.  Jesus (Yahshua) is the Elohim of Israel the messiah.  Elohim plural are the Sons of El.  Other nations served other Elohim.  Some Jews don't believe messiah has come yet.  The Muslims however serve a different Elohim (Moon God).  So words are very important and cause a lot of confusion, everyone does not have the same definition of the words.     

Pray for him to reveal himself

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Can someone please explain to me how you can know for sure that a God exists. Please don't use Bible scripture. I want an answer that a truth seeker will understand. Thank you.

You can look all around you and see the "evidence" that there is a God.  The evidence is the creation itself and it is tangible evidence as you can literally touch and feel it with your hands you can feel the wind blow in your face etc,.    Now a person can either do two things with that evidence all around us that a Creator exists.  Either they will simply accept that knowledge by faith and begin to seek the Creator through biblical Christianity and learn more about their Creator.  Or they can simply reject that knowledge that a Creator does in fact exist despite the evidence that is all around them.  If a person doesn't want to retain God in there knowledge then they will choose to go their own way and be seperated from God and never come to know him because they reject him.    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Seeker, Welcome

I will make this simple for you. I too was "once" an "unbeliever"... of some of the things you have shared. I have no idea why...because I was brought up in a Christian home. I too did not have the understanding of free will and if God loved me enough to give me free will..why would he punish me for living the way I choose.

One day, I decided to try what He had requested me to do... I was upfront with Him and shared my lack to believe...that He was who and all He said He was. BUT... because I never liked being judged by what others falsely thought of me...I didn't want to falsely be a judge of Him...therefore...I would freely seek to serve Him, pray believing and see what would happen.

Immediately, my life changed for the good...I had no understanding...but stayed my ground by surrendering to Him through reading His word...having personal time spend with Him...as in the physical nature...how do we get to know others...make friendships...love? By spending time finding out what that person is all about...well the same goes with God. He enjoys us being upfront with Him and of the things...we do not understand.  Slowly, I became a believer and He continue to show Himself mighty after 28 years. 

Seeker, Accepting the things of God...is a heart thing. We have to let go and believe in order to receive. If the enemy can hold your heart captive...then you will never be able to receive nor experience God. 

Let me ask you this...when you decide to sit in a chair...do you question whether it will be strong enough to hold you? If you just take a sit that easy...then... you should give God a chance. I promise if you approach His throne of grace...with a true desire to know Him by accepting Jesus, He will show Himself mightily. You will be in awe of His love and the things He has in store for you.

God bless you in you quest to receive and gain understanding.   

Great answer, 2J!  I wish I had your ability to explain these things.  :mgbowtie: 

Thank you so much!!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Can someone please explain to me how you can know for sure that a God exists. Please don't use Bible scripture. I want an answer that a truth seeker will understand. Thank you.

You cannot know; at least not with same degree of conviction that, say, mathematical demonstration offers (if so, then everyone would believe, and those who didn't would not be called atheists, but simpletons).

Thus we have the difference between knowledge and belief.  But belief is not without grounds.  It is not "blind" faith: otherwise I should believe anyone who claimed authority.  For most people, there is evidence pointing in one direction.  A man who believes his spouse is faithful probably has a multitude of evidence to back him up.  OF course he cannot prove this (she did, after all, "say" she was going to the grocery store.........but what if).  But room for doubt does not make doubt the most rational position: paranoia, after all, finds plenty of room for doubt--that is the nature of paranoia.

Most Christians I think have some argument beyond "the Bible tells me so".  For me, there are philosophical reasons (it is hard to account for morality as we experience it and for reason in a godless universe); there are scientific reasons (as I am told, the Universe had a definite beginning, in which space and time were born...but what caused that effect?).  This leads to yet another philosophical problem (every effect has a cause, but we cannot carry that process ad infinitum; at some point there must be a cause unlike any cause before.....it is uncaused).  There are emotional reasons (encounters with "something" which create emotions unlike any emotion we have ever had, whether love or fear: it is at once pleasurable and terrifying).

There are aesthetic reasons: why do I find the world beautiful, like a piece of art (which, in our experience, always has an artist behind it).

And then, last but not least, there is in fact the Bible.  I am not now appealing to its claim to authority.  The book, even if read "just as a book" is extraordinary.  The more I look into the cultures in which it was written, the more I feel like I have come upon a tropical flower somehow blooming in a desert.  There is simply no easy way to explain the convictions of its authors by appealing to natural causes (i.e. the shared convictions of the ancient near east or pagan Rome).  If the Bible is not revealed from on high, then it truly is one of the most astonishing pieces of literature ever put together.

against all these experiences, whether emotional or intellectual, I have mere doubt (which, as I said, is not always rational) and alternatives presented by atheists.  When I weight them against each other, I do not attain "proof".  But the odds are so great that, if I were at Vegas, any professional gambler would advise me to bet on the one and not the other.

clb

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Today I visited the Zoo with my family. The way these creatures are designed and their behaviours just amazed me, all I could think of was God. There is a perfect designer out there. Just by simply looking at the world you can see the beautiful work of a creator, that creator being our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  11
  • Birthday:  02/07/1991

I'm struggleing with mental illness, and when I recieved a piece of cloth with oil on it, my mental state began to change. Before I got the cloth, I felt trapped and like the illness had completely taken over. But now I feel like I'm going to win this battle. The doctors cannot believe how fast my recovery has gone. They're amazed.
I'm still a new believer though, so I haven't had the nerve to tell them the exact cause of my recovery, but soon I will.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4

IM SURE THAT GOD EXIST BECAUSE I EXIST AND THIS WORLD EXIST. THAT'S HOW SURE I AM. IF GOD DOES NOT EXIST THEN NOTHING EXIST NEITHER. NOT EVEN AN IDEA OR A DREAM, BUT EVEN IN THAT MATTER, HE EXIST.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Seeker!

I read many of these posts and I can only think that perhaps you may be more confused than when you began,,,,,not that everyone is without a true & sincere hope that something they say will help you to discover what each & every one of us have discovered at the foot of the cross,,,,the joy of Salvation!And the Only Way to know the Father(God)is through His Son,the Only Way you can come to the Father is through His Son

Each and every one of us(created beings)are given by God A measure of Faith....that is that little thing inside of you that prompts you to ask"How do you know that God truly exists?'' It is a hunger ,a thirst to know our Creator,,,,,,

Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life.......He is the Way to our Heavenly Father,He is all Truth(the Timeless Truth of God,the Living Word,which is the Bible) & He Is Eternal Life.....Faith in Him,reconciles us back to the Father & He gives freely,His Grace by which we are Saved...............Have you ever gone to the cross?Have you ever read any of the Bible?

If you want to know God then may I suggest you open your heart & begin reading in the Book of John.........if you earnestly seek Him with all your heart,He will reveal Himself to YOU ....because He loves you!

We serve a very Personal Lord & Savior,He wants a Personal relationship with you(after all,do you think you just happened to come to this site by chance?I think not) Ask & you will receive..............

With love-in Christ,Kwik