• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Many years ago, I used to work with 6 other people on top floor of an old 3 storey Victorian terraced building which used to be a pub. One summer strange thing started to happen, cut a long story short during lunch breaks one of us would stay behind to look after phones, over a few weeks a couple of people said when they were alone they heard someone walking up the stairs with top step creaking, but when they looked no one was there. I also experienced this, I heard someone coming up the stairs walk along the hall , open a door and enter the office, I thought oh good someone

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Many years ago, I used to work with 6 other people on top floor of an old 3 storey Victorian terraced building which used to be a pub. One summer strange thing started to happen, cut a long story short during lunch breaks one of us would stay behind to look after phones, over a few weeks a couple of people said when they were alone they heard someone walking up the stairs with top step creaking, but when they looked no one was there. I also experienced this, I heard someone coming up the stairs walk along the hall , open a door and enter the office, I thought oh good someone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Very interesting story. Yeah, I think that'd give me the willies, too. :taped:

As somewhat stated before, I believe that hauntings, in spite of their seeming randomness, are actually demonic events organized to a specific purpose. While you and others with experiences may or may not have been an intended target, this sort of strategy requires corroboration.

The target(s) probably had a fairly open mind about these sorts of things, and could be pretty easily moved or influenced into an ungodly direction by these events... especially if the individual tended to be more suggestable. It is these people that often end up believing themselves to be "sensitives" -- people able to "communicate with the dead" -- even though the "dead" are actually masquerading demons. But in order for such a person to be led (or begin) down this path, (s)he would have needed to corroborate his/her experiences with others -- which would be where you and the others would come in.

Very rarely is there a haunting in which at least one witness isn't DIRECTLY effected in such a way that their beliefs begin to run opposite to Scripture... and that, as I've said before, is the goal of these events.

Yes Agreed, i had a few points to make in my previous post and the comments you make tie in perfectly as to how Satan is using the media and generating a new wave of interest and people dabbling in occult, With the media invovled, the huantings and locations and types of activity can be even more random and exotic as TV is giving Satan plenty of targets and willing victims. if you ever seen Most Haunted, they use a number of methods to communicate with spirits, people are simply going out and doing the same things, such as ouija boards and seances. There is a huge boom and business in ghost tours, just about every town and city and ancient building has some kind of paranormal tour of this nature.

As Christians we should defintily be aware of what goes on and how demons work and so on, but there is also danger of becoming too obsessive with it, as it isnt exactly healthy to go persuing TV programmes and spending all day looking through websites devoted to ghosts etc.

We have God on our side and we are protected through Him, we should not be afraid of anything that goes on, im not saying we should all deal and confront the denomic stuff, as it might get a bit heated, but we musnt be scared of it. I will close with a anecdote someone told me, so not sure how true this is, and I can not even think of the persons name, however there is this well known evangelist who one night woke to find Satan hmself, a rare honour as Satan is not omni present, and its noramlly just average demons that get to harras us humans, anyway, he woke up to find this figure of Satan rattling his bed and making a horrible noise, he just gave this apperition a quick glance said, "oh its only you" and rolled back over and went back to sleep.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Once again, I do not think I believe in "ghosts" but I do believe that people have experiences that can not be explained away by an overactive imagination.

For non Christians paranormal research and the can be a fascinating thing, there are plenty of people who want to prove the existence of ghosts or to determine what is causing certain activity in a location through proper scientific observation and analysis, others go about the task in a more occult spiritualist way through likes of medium ship, s

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/06/1990

Does anyone have any explanations for my stories that I gave in page 3? The time that I heard these stories, was also the time when I seen my first car accident (I was not in the accident, I just seen it), and it was also the time when my school was receiving warnings of a person coming in with a gun (later we learned it was just a prank from a college person, and to my knowledge, he was arrested).

Around that time, I really questioned god. I kept asking myself, "If there is a loving god, why would he do all of this". Of course, this was pathetic of me because I already knew the answer. I know that god doesn't promise us an easy or safe life on this earth, but that no matter what happens, we will live perfect and safe lives at the end. Over time, I stopped doubting god.

Could anybody have an explanation for those ghost stories? Were they demons? Should they teach this stuff in church?

Edited by Deathstar 80

Does anyone have any explanations for my stories that I gave in page 3? The time that I heard these stories, was also the time when I seen my first car accident (I was not in the accident, I just seen it), and it was also the time when my school was receiving warnings of a person coming in with a gun (later we learned it was just a prank from a college person, and to my knowledge, he was arrested).

Around that time, I really questioned god. I kept asking myself, "If there is a loving god, why would he do all of this". Of course, this was pathetic of me because I already knew the answer. I know that god doesn't promise us an easy or safe life on this earth, but that no matter what happens, we will live perfect and safe lives at the end. Over time, I stopped doubting god.

Could anybody have an explanation for those ghost stories? Were they demons? Should they teach this stuff in church?

It's possible... but it's also possible it was nothing. Sometimes, stories are just that. Especially in the case of your English teacher, I would suggest that she wanted to tell a good scary story and did so. They should teach about spiritual warfare in churches -- by which I mean prayer and the reading of God's Word, and having faith and fortitude. In most churches, they do go over this material -- perhaps not to the extent they should, but, at least they cover it somewhat. However, they should definitely be teaching about Satan and Demons as actual beings -- whether it's on Sunday morning or in deeper bible studies.

Too many Christians are under the very, very mistaken belief that Satan is an allegorical figure in the Bible and that demons don't exist. A good friend of mine, in fact, who is a pastor, tried to tell me that there is no such thing as possession, because Satan and demons are just metaphorical. I asked him, that being the case, why Jesus Christ -- who came down on the Pharisees for abusing the Sabbath -- would see fit to lie to people about casting out demons. If it was just mental disease, I asked, why not tell them? Thankfully, I believe God convicted him of the truth of His word, and he's starting to come around. But it goes to show, we as the Church are becoming far to blase' about demonology.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/06/1990

First of all, I would like to thank you, rtwo for replying to my questions. But there's one other question that I have. What are these demons allowed to do? Do they have a limit?

I was watching a ghost show last October (which I'm debating myself if we as christians should even watch these shows), I saw a woman (I beleive a psycic) going into a room that supposedly had a ghost. The ghost then seemed to go into her, and started to physically hurt her. After the event, she said that it was the scariest thing she ever went through.

One way that I could see the demon "attacking" her was because she was aware there was a demon in the room. (I'm not too sure, but I beleive the bible says that we should stay away and even pray that the devil and his demons won't get near us, but I definitely could be wrong seeing that I am a young christian) She knew that there was a demon in the room because I beleive, if my memory is right, she heard it with her own ears from the demon or "ghost", the words, "go away", warning her to stay away from the demon.

If you have anything to teach me about ghosts and demons, I would like to know. None of the preachers (except those on TBN) preach about ghosts being demons at all! But yet, you don't have to.

First of all, I would like to thank you, rtwo for replying to my questions. But there's one other question that I have. What are these demons allowed to do? Do they have a limit?

I was watching a ghost show last October (which I'm debating myself if we as christians should even watch these shows), I saw a woman (I beleive a psycic) going into a room that supposedly had a ghost. The ghost then seemed to go into her, and started to physically hurt her. After the event, she said that it was the scariest thing she ever went through.

One way that I could see the demon "attacking" her was because she was aware there was a demon in the room. (I'm not too sure, but I beleive the bible says that we should stay away and even pray that the devil and his demons won't get near us, but I definitely could be wrong seeing that I am a young christian) She knew that there was a demon in the room because I beleive, if my memory is right, she heard it with her own ears from the demon or "ghost", the words, "go away", warning her to stay away from the demon.

If you have anything to teach me about ghosts and demons, I would like to know. None of the preachers (except those on TBN) preach about ghosts being demons at all! But yet, you don't have to.

I'll start off by saying that most "mediums" are frauds. This woman who was supposedly attacked was probably faking it.

Demons are somewhat limited... but their authority increases (on an individual basis) as they are "invited" in. While, as I said, I believe this person was probably a charlatan, such occurrences can happen to those who open themselves to it through sin or even direct invitation. Possession is Scripturally documented, as are other forms of demonic attack. The good news is, with Christ and His Holy Spirit residing in us, -we- are not susceptable to possession (though we are still vulnerable to outside attacks, such as certain temptations and even some physical attacks).

The problems with these ghost shows are that, A, they are -always- done by people who do not have a biblical base and are therefore approached from the entirely wrong angle, B, in most cases, they entertain rather than inform, and C, they can cause you to let down your guard -- it's easy to forget that these aren't fun invisible pets (in those rare instances in which there even is an entity of any kind involved), but evil demonic forces.

On the other hand, as has been stated before, certain of these programs (like Ghost Hunters, for example) at least provide some instruction in finding mundane causes for "hauntings" -- in other words, debunking a haunting where necessary. But they are always useless when it comes to instruction on actual spiritual encounters.

If you want to learn more, I suggest reading Merrill Unger's "Biblical Demonology", though if you care to discuss more on this subject, I'm always glad to do so. But remember what has been said by others though: There are much greater things in Christianity, and much more important issues. Look to the worship of God first, and the obedience to His commands. Concentrate first on Love for Him and Love for others - and in the making of disciples.

All this demonology stuff is wholly unimportant, except as it relates to those causes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Demons are "allowed" to do what their commanders tell them. The goal is to divert you away from Jesus Christ, and also to kill you.

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Demons are "allowed" to do what their commanders tell them. The goal is to divert you away from Jesus Christ, and also to kill you.

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

That about sums it up, Axe. (Can I call you Axe?) :huh: