How do you pray?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God moves in mysterious ways.Perhaps He answers your prayers,but you're too impatient and don't wait for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  22

pray from the heart, believing ye recieve, nothing wavering. pray spiritual advancement not carnal, fleshly advancement. amen. seeking the kingdom of God first and all else will be added unto you. amen

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/25/1997

God answers yes, no and wait

If He answers yes ,it is really His will to you,when he answers no, well! Its not 4 u,or there is greater blessing that will be given to you,and when he answers wait ! It will be given at a right tym

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/25/1997

Just trust his will and plan to you, have faith !believe in his will, read john 10:10 . God wants you to give an abundant life and jeremiah also.

When I pray I like to write it down. So I can remind myself of what I prayed for and look at the list as God answers each one. I can pray out loud but I get shy when I'm in front of people. I like to usually keep it between me and God. And I do enjoy praying with Dan when I get the chance.

periodically over the years i've had prayer journals. it's amazing how focused you can be in prayer when you write it down! and yes, being able to look back over it and see how God has answered is something that is much clearer when it's in writing. 

this last week i started a prayer journal on my blog, for that purpose. of course, the prayer journal area is private... it can only be seen by me and God. 

Just trust his will and plan to you, have faith !believe in his will, read john 10:10 . God wants you to give an abundant life and jeremiah also.

~

Welcome~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome to Worthy!

John 10:10- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Blessings to you....

Praying....

• Content Count:  30

A lot of people have said it and I will second (or third or fourth) it: pray that God's will be done. Pray for what you need, even perhaps what you want -- strength, faith, courage, a better financial situation -- but never forget that it's God's will that matters in the end. 

Personally, I have to remind myself that although God loves me, making me happy is not necessarily His purpose in this life. Historically, many who have taken up their cross have suffered immensely for it -- just read the things Paul said he endured! Paul believed the thorn in his side was there to make him humble. He prayed repeatedly that it would be taken from him.

tl;dr

Pray that God's will be done, pray in Jesus' name, and understand that your happiness or physical wellbeing is not necessarily God's purpose for your life.