• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Luftwaffle

Concerning your post #107

And I have explained to you that God is omniscient.   Your mere explanation may satisfy you that  my view says otherwise,  but I see nothing in it.   God is omniscient because He knows all.  If He has to adjust for things out of His control, as you suggest, then He isn't omniscient.   Nor omnipotent.  Because in your view, He neither knew it was going to happen and now has to react, and didn't have the power to stop it from ever happening.  You make God out to be nothing but a man.

Well, then explain yourself then from the question you ask.  Instead of just saying I am wrong.  Explain how I am wrong.  You like to say I am mistaken. but then you fail for explanation.

Quantrill

Instead of just saying I am wrong.  Explain how I am wrong.  You like to say I am mistaken. but then you fail for explanation.

~

Sin,

When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15 (NIV)

(Don't Blame God)

Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  James 1:16-17 (NIV)

And God's Redemption

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NIV)

And Believe It Beloved, For It's Your Choice

The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. John 3:35-36 (NIV)

Love, Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

Quantrill,

I'm afraid both your posts above simply assume that God preferring that man not sin, leads to open theism. This has been responded to a number of times, but it seems you're not actually reading what I'm writing but rather just repeating your own dogmatic assertions. The idea that God is the cause of the fall and sin seems to me to be enough to completely sink your view of God, so I'll just leave it at that, because it's becoming clear that you're not being very reasonable.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Luftwaffle

I assume nothing .  I gave you the reasons why I say what I do.  You simply refuse to answer my questions by saying I am wrong and you have already responded.  Just because you disagree doesn't make you right.  And that is all you are offering. 

As I said before, don't say you will leave it at that and then don't.   Remember.  You said before you will leave it at  that.  But then you come back.  As I knew you would.  Why?  Becaue your position has holes in it.

Quantrill

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Hebrews 3:15: Today , if you will hear His voice, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS as is in the rebellion.

Matt 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but YOU WERE NOT WILLING!

Luke 22:42 Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS BE DONE." This indicates that even Jesus had free will to not go to the cross! He agonized over this decision.

Acts 7:51 You stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! YOU ALWAYS RESIST THE HOLY SPIRIT; as your fathers did, so do you.

Pharoah hardened his heart against God 7 times and then God hardened his heart. Pride is the source of rebellion, as in the story of satan himself whose pride caused him to oppose God, and then to lead 1/3 of the angels in rebellion.

Daniel, in speaking of King Neb. in Daniel 5:20-21 " But when his heart was lifted up and his spirit was hardened in pride, he was disposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him. Then he was driven from the sons of men--They fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till he knew that the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever he chooses." " GOD RESISTS THE PROUD BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. 1 Peter 5:5

Yes, we have free will to resist the Holy Spirit, to resist the love and calling of God, and to resist God's will in every area of our lives. We are free to harden our hearts against God and to resist His Grace. That is why all are not saved. From our point of view,, mankind always has free will. But when we look back, we can see how God has manipulated our circumstances and set us up, softened our hearts and enabled us to freely choose to receive Him and to do His will.

Phil 2:13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

So I continue to pray for family and friends that God grant them salvation--that their hearts be softened, their eyes and ears be opened and that God would give them grace to believe and repent soas to be saved. No man can be saved by his own will, his own way or his own works. It is all a gift from God that He offers to all and gives to those who are humble enough to receive. It is pride that says "I did it my way".

NKJV

I really like your comments....Amen