• Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Is G-d then injust?

Does He make mistakes?

Will He punish people unfairly?

Can we trust Him in His judgements?

It was just a reasonable question that most people ask. As I said, I dont think we will understand everything on this side of a grave. No one has ever answered this particular question. Im not sure anyone can. Thats all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

Luke 16 isn't literal, it is a parable, right after the parable of the steward and chapter 15 is all parables as well. Check the context.

Hell is certianly not a literal torment, tranlsate it litteraly and it means "a covered place" hence a helmet is just that...a hel-mat a covering for the head.

my 2cents.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Dave,

Amen :noidea:

Skillet Rocks My Face,

If Luke chapter 16 about the rich man and Lazarus was only a parable based on two fictional characters, then why didn't Jesus explain what that parable meant, like He did with the other parables? Why didn't He explain who the rich man represented, and who the beggar represented, and who the 5 bretheren represented? Jesus did not intentionally mislead people. There is one word in that story that might prove that it was a real story, the word "certain", "there was a CERTAIN rich man", "there was a CERTAIN beggar". Jesus was refering to two certain people that actually lived and died and one went to hell, and the other went to Abraham's Bosom. I mean no offence Skillet, but I hope you are not a cultist with your no hell plot. Hell is very real, it is horrible and it is eternal, or Jesus wouldn't have died. Here is a question for you, if that was a made up story based on two fictional characters, why would Jesus make up that kind of a story if a person didn't really go to a place of torment, and be tormented in the flame as the rich man said he was? Here is another question, is there fire in a grave? The last part of Matt. 5:22 says, "but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire". I've never known of fire in a grave. Hell is a place of torment deep inside the earth, much much farther down than 6 feet. There are many verses that point to fire and torment and wailing and gnashing of teeth. "Gehenna" is translated "hell" 12 times in the new testament, and Gehenna was a garbage dump that burned day and night to get rid of the refuse, and Jesus made reference to that Gehenna, but that fire is no longer burning today, Jesus was really talking about the fire that will never go out, the lake of fire. Hell is NOT some calm, quiet, peaceful grave, but a literal place of torment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Luke 16 isn't literal, it is a parable, right after the parable of the steward and chapter 15 is all parables as well. Check the context.

Hell is certianly not a literal torment, tranlsate it litteraly and it means "a covered place" hence a helmet is just that...a hel-mat a covering for the head.

my 2cents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should recheck the context :b:.

And what of the other verses? You cannot twist the bible to meet your own personal theology. The bible shapes the Christian not the other way around. Hell is real, if you have a hard time accepting that your friends and family will end up in eternal torment, DONT LET THEM. Plant the seeds of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ deep in the soil of their hearts, so that Christ may water it and draw them to him.

God Bless,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Jon you are right...we will not be without excuse. This is a promise of the new covenant that we entered in to. Heb. 8:10-12 says:

This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying,

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  318

Here go my two cents there are 260 chapters in the New testament of those 234 mention Hell and Judgement If I were on a highway traveling for 260 miles and there were 234 signs of danger along the way I would seek out a different path Chirst only spoke once in describing heaven and fourteen times on describing Hell. The truth about Hell is one thing satan has deceived men about through the ages because if he can get a man to believe there is no Hell and Judgement for one's sin then that man will never ponder eternity and the state of his soul. Here is an article as well very detailed on what hell might be like for the lost. God give us a passion to reach the lost at any cost! HELL'S FIRST MOMENT.... THROUGHOUT ETERNITY Exodus 3:2 The angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked and behold, the bush burned with fire and the bush was NOT CONSUMED.

Isaiah 13:8 They shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth; they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Psalms 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and pains of hell gat hold upon me, I found trouble and sorrow.

What mortal mind can even begin to perceive, this side of hell, what the burning will be like. Let's see if this will give you another look at lost love ones, friends, etc., and their fate if they are not saved...maybe even your fate.

THE BURNING FALL

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Try to imagine for every second, throughout eternity, your body with the most excruciating sunburn. Add to that the awful pain of your whole frame scalded with boiling water. To this, add the agony of bodily movement. The skin stretches. Untold daggers of pain flash through your body. You want to hold still, but the burning from the flames will not allow it. The bubbling brimstone makes you scream. Your hair is on fire. Your feet and hands blister, while you gnaw your tongue, trying to relieve the torment. Your throat is raw from screaming and wailing. Spasms of anguish drop you into the molten lava. You go under the surface gnashing your teeth. The burning brimstone flows into your mouth; runs down your throat and into your stomach. You are on fire inside and outside. Lava, red hot and smoking, flows in your ears. As your eyes try to focus in the endless, everlasting, permanent dwelling place of total torment and torturess surroundings with your burning and a feeling of melting of your eyes overwhelms you, you look and focus on worms that have totally engulfed your body. They are crawling on and in you. You can feel them. A scream comes from your burning, flaming, fiery lips. A cry for "Water" is felt throughout your whole being.

You are falling in the darkness. You feel something solid. Oh, if you only could stop falling! Your body tries to cling to the solid surface. Suddenly...you are slipping. Again, you fall into the bubbling lake. You swallow another mouthful of burning slime. The horrid smell of blazing sulphur combine with the sickening odor of burning hair and scorched flesh. Nausea overwhelms you.

Something suddenly reaches out of the darkness and grasps you in terror. They begin to gnash on you with their teeth. All the time you are both screaming at the top of your lungs. You shake the gnashing person off in the darkness. Breathing heavily from the concentrated exertion, you fill your lungs with smoke. While you cough and gasp, the word "WATER!!!" escapes your inflamed lips again. Your throat is on fire. Your tongue feels like a white-hot iron against the parched roof of your mouth. Your gums pulsate with agony, while every nerve in your teeth stabs you with flashes of indescribable permanent pain.

The roar of the flames and the piercing screams of the doomed and the damned seem to tear at your eardrums. Oh, for just a moment of silence! But it never comes.

You can't run away this time. Thoughts of law-abiding so-called Christians didn't tell you of this place. Additionally, your thoughts go to and fro from the time you were in a Bible-believing, preaching church. Thoughts you can so clearly remember. You remember the time when the preacher was talking to you about this hopeless place of darkness and pain. He talked about Jesus and His saving Blood.......

"He told me that I was a sinner! Now I accept Jesus as my Saviour. I accept what He did for me on the cross. Can't you hear me? I want to be saved! You know, born again! What the preacher said! Won't you listen? Can't you hear? Another scream escapes your burning lips.!"

For eternity you scream those words again and again, over and over, repeating these words, but alas, they go nowhere. Words, meaningless words that can't be heard by God Almighty, but by the doomed. I want to be born again! Can't you hear me! Why didn't someone tell me! Why didn't they continue to tell me when I had ignored them! Didn't they care! The doomed tell you it won't work. Your words are not heard. The living and their prayers can't help. Their money won't help you here. You are condemned here for eternity just as we are. Another scream escapes your burning lips, "NO!"

Soul winner,

Amen!

A lot of so called christians don't really believe in hell, oh they say they do, but they don't tell anybody, and try to warn them, at least some that I know, someone told me once that it was rude. I say it is rude, and mean, and unloving NOT to try to warn them. If christions really believed in hell, or believed in the severity of it, they would get up off of their lazy behinds and turn off their tv sets and yes, even computers and go out and tell people. I have and still do, and I've been told to shut up, go away, go to hell, or other things I cannot post here. Somebody even threatened me once with bodily harm. If I didn't believe in the reality of hell, I wouldn't put my self in that kind of situation, and anybody who doesn't believe in hell, they either don't believe in Jesus, or they are calling Jesus a liar, and that is dangerous, because He said there is a hell, and He said there is fire that will not be quenched. Hell is not a 6 foot hole in the ground, or darkness, but it is agonizing fiery torment. I think of a blast furnace when I think of hell. Of all the verses that speak of worms that dieth not, fire that will not be quenched, being tormented in the flame as the rich man said in Luke 16, smoke of their torment, as it says in Revelation 14:11, lake of fire, damnation etc., how can anybody, especially a born again christian say that hell is not real, or that it is really just darkness and seperation, or that hell is just the grave. I know that the Mormons and the Jehovah's Witnesses spread those devilish lies, but they're not christian anyhow. Most so called christian churches don't preach on hell any more for fear of offending people, and I say, bless God they better get uncomfortable NOW, rather than be uncomfortable forever in hell fire. That rich man in Luke 16 could sure tell a lot of storys, for he's been in that horror place for well over 2000 years. If Jesus thought that hell was so horrible that He had to talk about it a lot more than heaven, and go so far as to go to the cross and endure the shame and suffering, then preachers better stop tickling the ears of their congregation by telling them what they want to hear, and instead, tell them about hell a lot more often as a reminder. Hell is SERIOUS business, and is NOT to be put on the back burner so to speak. I'm sure that if a christian saw an unsaved person's house on fire, they would try to do something to save them if they could, well, hell fire is much worse, and christians better get busy and try to pull people out of the fire as Jude said. I'm sure most of you will agree with me. God bless.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  318

:b: Amen Brother well said