• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone :),

I wasn't sure which topic to post this under so I chose this one. I'm having trouble figuring out what I want in life. I know I want to go to university.. but I have NO idea what I want to study. And the problem is, it's been this way for YEARS! I have no idea what to do with my life. Everyone's already up and moving out of their homes and having children etc. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2009 ( I was 19 then). It's held me back from doing so much along with this deal I've made with the enemy (post about it is under 'prayer request'). Right now I want to do something & I'm thinking of making a list of goals but I have no idea where to start. I wanna learn to drive but I'm kinda afraid especially because it means I'll have to go outside. My plan for next year is to attend some classes at a place for people with an illness such as mine. I know i'll be with people who've been through what I've been through but that's all I have. They only do recovery courses. What should I do and where should I start?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

You might want to pray and ask God to guide and direct you and lead you in the path that He wants you to go.

I've been praying for so long but haven't been recently. I'll do that though :) thanks for the reminder

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

MissKay it sounds like you really could use some mentors in your life.  Keep searching for a church you feel comfortable in that has women's programs.  Nothing can really replace being there in person.

You don't need to be afraid.  The Holy Spirit is with you always and God's angels have charge over your life.  God won't hold you responsible for making a deal with the devil out of ignorance and deception.  It is important that you make it clear to God that you are sorry for the sin and to be restored and forgiven.  Jesus blood can cleanse us of any sin.

Remember the voices you hear have NO power over you.  They can talk all they want but it is nothing until you give in.  When you hear the voices and are being attacked pray and worship the Lord.  Claim the promises of God and tell the devil he is a liar.  Using God's promises against demons is like waving a sword and they will run.  There's also a lot of free worship music out there that will also strengthen you.

As for what to do in life...  Well that can be the hardest question of all.  One of the only ways to find out what you're good at and like is to get out there and try things.  You're bound to have some interests I'm sure.  Do you love to cook?  Do you love to paint?  Do you love animals?  Ask yourself what you like and see if there's a career path with that interest.

Wishing you the best of luck and you'll be in my prayers.  I command those voices to never bother you again in Jesus name!  Amen.

Hello, my sweet MissKaylay!  You know what?  It does't matter right now what you will do, you can start University anyway, because at first everyone has the prerequisites they must complete.  Usually those courses are Math, English, Science, etc.  

Some schools allow you to "test out".  Where I went to college we could test out of English 101 or basic Math, etc. but there are still classes that everyone must take no matter their major.  This is standard for most colleges, but there are always schools you can choose that are vocational or technical colleges, and I am not sure about their recommendations.  A two year technical school may only require you to do the classes that are in the category you have chosen.  Of coarse, if you choose to attend a technical school, you will have to decide your vocation when you enter.  At least I think it is that way. 

Trade schools, or vocational schools are a good choice, too, because you might find a 2 year study and be ready to enter the work force quicker than if you attend for 4 years, or further.  Still, the choice is yours and you have time to think it over.

My college did not make us list a major at first, and some students did not know for a long time what they really wanted to do.  There were also students who changed majors after awhile.  We were assigned an adviser who helped us to decide and we also took some tests that showed our interests, our strengths, and where we would probably to the best.

My desire was to be a Christian counselor, so I began with Christian Education and ended up with double majors and double minors.  I had worked a lot with the Mexican migrant farm workers and needed to learn more Spanish to be fluent, so that was one major, and Religion was my second major.

I had been the Youth pastor at my church and really wanted to work with young people.  I decided to further that goal.  To be a counselor, I needed Psychology classes and I chose this as my minor.  Also, Sociology as another minor.

A friend of mine and I decided to open a resource center to help the Migrants and to counsel the young people, both Mexican and the local youth.  We had a food pantry for the Mexicans and a clothing area to help them, too.  There they could get used clothes, coats, blankets, household items, etc.  

The counseling area was set up mostly for the young people, but if there were adults who requested help we could refer them to someone, or someplace that was near by.  As a resource center, we helped network these programs and assist people who needed to sign up for government programs, or school, whatever their need might be.  If we did not have it there, then we could find another place that could help.

These are just a few ideas for you, but you have to ask yourself what interests you the most, where you would be the happiest.

Choosing a career is no small feat!  You must think about the fact  you will be doing this for the biggest part of your life.  You do want to be as happy as possible and content in your chosen vocation.  So, ask yourself, do you want to work with children?  Are you passionate about government matters or law?  Would you like to assist the elderly or provide health care for them?  Science?  Medicine?

Among these things I have mentioned there are many courses that only require an associates degree and you can finish before a full four year college course.  Say for instance, a dental hygienist can be completed in about 18 months to 2 years.  My first vocation was Respiratory Therapy, which was a 2 year course.  I just was not cut out for the medical field, though, as it is really stressful and I experienced a lot of heartache dealing with the terminally ill.  I think it takes a very special person to work with the critically ill!

MissKaylay, there are art schools and beauty schools, there is the possibility of being a teacher, educator, or probation officer, which I think to do that is only a 2 year course.  I had interest in that one, and thought about entering into the criminal studies.

We all make our own choices and whatever you choose I just pray that you will be happy!  I will continue to keep you in my prayers, but this I know already ....  God has special plans for you!   You are His beloved and He wants you healthy and happy!

Whatever you do, I think you will be just fine!  

I will be praying!  Love you much!

Peace, PrairWarur

Jeremiah 29:11

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 For I know the plans that I [a]have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

What a wonderful promise this is!

Jeremiah 33:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them; and I will reveal to them an abundance of peace and truth.

Edited by PrairWarur

Thanks for your advice prair ! Much appreciated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings MissKayLay,

Praise & Glory to God,Oh how very blessed you are,from what you said about others moving out of their homes & starting their own families I see that you are still living at home(with parents ).....this wonderful blessing adds no pressure & affords you limitless choices,sometimes because the choices are so many it can add to ones confusion but you are much more fortunate than so many young ladies your age & you should be very grateful that you must have great parents.

Probably your best choice would be to enroll & just start with all your prerequisite classes that are mandatory,at least you will be getting much accomplished while you are trying to decide what interests you the most & with fervent prayer seeking Gods Will for you...The most important thing you could do is keep God first & foremost,He is Your Best Friend & He loves You so very much that He left all His Majesty in Heaven to be reduced to servitude as the person ,Christ Jesus...the Only Begotten Son Who gave His life not only that you could have eternal life but that you could also have a more abundant life here on earth,a Victorious life free from any bondage in Christ.......You needn't carry the weight of decision on your shoulders,He will help you with anything you ask Him to....

I am praying for you dear Sister,in Jesus Name that you have a hunger & thirst for His Word and a passionate & intimate relationship with our Father,Son & Holy Spirit.....make Gods Word your number one study !God bless you & trust that God works all things for the good of those that love Him & to Him be the Glory in everything you do!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Oh & about that"deal"you made....when you asked Jesus to be Lord & Savior of your life & placed all of your sins under His blood,God promised to remember your sin no more...that means He says"What deal?"...the devil is a liar & out of luck because Christ cancelled that deal!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

It sounds like you're off to a good start with your recovery courses.

Meanwhile, I'd pray that God show you what He wants you to do. When He's ready for you to know, He'll let you know.

Thanks everyone for all your advice! I really did ask for forgiveness from the heart & in tears. I really don't want to live this way no more & I'm sick of it.

Yes I'll stick to my recovery classes till I get the confidence to move on to a proper course and yes please pray for me. I wanna find a new church, a mixed one hopefully & one that preaches in English too . Thank you guys so much!

God bless

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

What I would do MissKaylay is to just simply PRAY!! :) Pray that God will guide you to what he wants YOU TO DO in your life and what university he wants you to join!!! Be Patient and always TRUST AND RELY ON THE LORD that he got this situation under control!!! :) He loves you and He has the perfect plan for you, his plan for what he wants you to do in life and what university you should join will happen at the RIGHT TIME that God will Choose!!!

God bless you!!!