WISDOM

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My Church has just finished the sixth tape in a seven tape series by Kent Hovind.  I found his lectures to be very interesting... :thumb:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I think the dinosaurs drowned in the flood because they couldn't fit on the ark.  No biblical evidence, just a thought.  As far as Nethanderals (sp?),  Genesis 6:4 says there were giants in those days-David killed Goliath.  

Questions I have are....Where did Cain get his wife from?  The land of  Nod, I know, but where was that?  Was she his relative?  If everyone came from Adam and Eve then she had to be, everyone says we all came from them but I can't find that in the Bible.  If it's true, I'm sure it's there somewhere, and if so, how did we get so many colors?  The tower of Babel seems to be the popular explanation for that but it doesn't say anything about nationalities, only languages. :shocked:

Alot of quesitions, Word.  I'll start with the first one.  The Bible clearly tells us all species of animals were on the ark.  My geuss, they were all baby animals, including the dinasaurs.  After the fall of the firmament around the earth, we no longer lived in a hyperbolic chamber.  So the animals who required a great amount of lung capacity either died out or became smaller.  The book of Job speaks about two different varieties of dinosaurs, so we know they were on the ark.  It probably took time for them to completely go extinct.  There are some ancient Oriental drawings of people using the stegasauras as a beast of burden.

The giants were probably a result of the oxygen rich environment.  Scientists believe we are losing our oxygen slowly over time.  So, the amount of oxygen that was here on earth is not the same as what we have now.

The Bible does not explecitly say where Cain and Abel got their wives.  We do know G-d only created one person, Adam.  Therefor, Cain and Abel's wives were their sisters.

The Tower of Babel does not explain all the colors because it was pre-flood.  What we do know is man has an incredible ability to adapt.  We al came from Noah, after that, his descendants scattered themselves and where they landed, they physicaly adapted to their surroundings.  A few years ago, archeologists excavated caves in South America where they suspect the earliest Indians of that region had lived.  They were very surprised to discover the earliest settlers were caucasion.  Also, both the black Africans and the Egyptians have the same lineage, according to Genesis.

Wow Xan,  Thanks for the info!!  I recently threw some of them at my asst. pastor and he suggested I make an appt. with the senior pastor :shocked:

I'm really not being fair to your pastors because I received alot of the information from a Christian scientist (not the religion, a scientist who is a Christian).  But let me know what your senior pastor has to say.  If he has anything else to add, I would be very interested in hearing it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

The tower of Babel was pre-flood?

You gotta point there :thumb: I just started reading Genesis again and I already passed the flood but haven't come up on the tower yet :shocked:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The tower of Babel is post flood. Creation, Fall, Flood, Babel thats the order.

Guest Christopher

Baby dinos on the ark!  I heard that one before, but I like that they drowned in the flood better as a theory since new fossils are discovered all the time (several each year) and eventually there will be thousands of creatures we never knew about with no room left on the ark, even as babies. :shocked: