AlanLamb0986

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Since I was saved 8 years ago, I've attended a Pentecostal Church (Trinitarian, not Oneness.) I've always been cautious of denominations that teach false doctrines, remembering what Jesus said in Matthew 7:21. From this perspective, I've always had an issue with the Catholic Church. I firmly believe in sola scripture, and not tradition. Needless to say, this means I believe that

• we're all sinners, including Mary and the Pope
  • Mary was not born free from sin and needed a savior
  • We're redeemed by Grace and not works
  • Jesus is the head of the Church, not the Pope
  • All Christians are saints as we have the righteousness of Christ through the Holy Spirit, regardless of denomination
  • The Communion is metaphorical, not the literal transformation into the flesh and blood of Jesus
  • We shouldn't pray the rosary, because Jesus told us not to pray as pagans by babbling and repeating things
  • Salvation is in the name of Jesus. We don't need to receive the sacraments to be saved, otherwise that's works and not grace.
  • Jesus is the only mediator for man, and prayer to saints is blasphemous

I don't say this to insult Catholics, as you'll see by what I say next. I recently stopped attending my Church after some nasty rumors were spread about me. They were so vile, and people believed them so I can't go back. I had four people in my Church that I considered sisters, and the rumors concerned them so they've cut me off. In fact, the only reason they know of the lies that were told about me was because I told them, as my Pastor confronted me in private.

I visited Westminster Cathedral (RCC) , because I love the old London Churches. While there I was just still in the Church and felt a great sense of peace and calm. I went to the rectory to discuss things with a Priest, and he was very soothing. I find that most Catholics tell you that we need to be baptised into the Catholic Church or we're not saved, but he told me to go where I felt comfortable.

I cannot ignore the tenants of the Catholic faith that contradict the scripture, and yet I feel drawn to attend Westminster Cathedral. Would it be ok to attend the Church and reserve my Protestant beliefs? If I view some of the RCC teachings as blasphemous, does that make me hypocritical for attending? And I apologize if I offend any Catholics here, but if I view some of the teachings of the RCC as heretical, does that put me in spiritual danger for attending the Cathedral? (I note again, I'm asking this out of confusion, not to insult or offend any Catholics here)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

If you believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that he died for our sins, then you are saved. If you do not follow false doctrines that deviate from the Bible, such as false teachings, then anything else goes.

So, yes you can do what you wish otherwise. Catholic teachings may contain some heresies, but if you feel spiritually comfortable in a Catholic church then you are ok. You can always ignore any heresies and refuse to participate in them. The Holy Spirit should be your guide (and the Holy Spirit is your conscience). What I say, or what others may say, is nothing to do with your own journey.

Just my opinion. Others wiser than me may care to disagree.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings AlanLamb

Let me welcome you to Worthy,we are a little flock of Jesus & a very loving family....so glad you have been lead here to the fold......welcome again-brother in Christ!Praise & Glory to God!!!!!

You are not a hypocrite or a heretic to go an sit in any House of Prayer & Worship,they all belong to God.....everything belongs to God.........

I can only encourage you to listen to the Still Small Voice & follow,pray & let the Lord direct your footsteps & remember that it is not mans approval we seek but God alone& having been covered by the Blood(the Precious Blood)of our Lord & Savior has made you approved......Holy,acceptable.pleasing to our Father....follow Him,He will never lead you astray

When I go to church there is so much good that I get to take with me the rest of the week that the little trivial (non Salvation)issues that go on are just things that I leave there......take all the good & leave the rest,no church(4 walls)is ever going to be without imperfection,neither is any denomination or anything else that is here on earth.......& every denomination that teaches Jesus is Lord & Savior is beheld by Him ,I am sure heaven is going to have plenty of Catholics,Protestants,Pentecostals,Baptists ,Methodists & many many other r5aces ,creeds & religions.........alot of whosoevers(John 3:16)

Go in peace my brother & praise & worship the Lord with a happy heart!!!!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Content Count:  33
  • Birthday:  11/18/1978

I am sorry, but I would have to disagree.  Even with great discernment, deception is possible.  The "priest" is being nice now, but it won't be long until he expects you to be "baptized" sprinkled, eat a cracker thinking it is the flesh of Jesus.  They teach false doctrine and we as Christians should not conform with these pagans.  You are asking for trouble. I would steer clear and start a house church if you can't find a bible believing church.  Check out excatholics on youtube.  He has some great teachings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

My advice would depend on you or better yet the type of person you are. So only you can answer your own concerns here. If you are the type that feels it is important to defend what you believe, then my advise would be: yes it would be wrong for you to stay at the Catholic Church. Because you will only cause strife By being there. Another question I would have to ask I may have missed it in the OP, but do you feel Catholics are saved, or borned of God? if not then run as fast as you can away from there. If you the type that has a compassion for lost souls, run also, for when they start teaching the 7 sacraments for salvation, you are not going to sit quietly by. so if you can quietly sit there with all the wrong you feel going on then stay, but I have a question to answer your question, why are you in here seeking any other advise other than God's, Seek Him. you said you were of the Pentecostal belief, allow the Holy Spirit to guide and teach you in all things, I think by you coming in here, you are wanting someone to tell you yes it is ok, but inwardly you know it would be wrong, you are so hurt by this other Church, this would be your way of getting back by supporting something that there don't believe in. But let me remind you:

Matt 5:43-44
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
KJV

Welcome~!

~

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

• Content Count:  51

Thank you. I've decided to seek another Church. I guess I can't reconcile my faith with Catholic teachings, so I'll find a Protestant Church. I can always just visit WC, that way I can retain my beliefs at the same time. I think I'm just finding it difficult to leave my old family behind, knowing that I can't go back. I had four ladies there that I considered sisters, we were all very close, and after the lies were spread about me I was cut off. It's just upsetting really.

• Content Count:  33
  • Birthday:  11/18/1978

There are fantastic people to watch/listen to on youtube.  You and your wife, or parents, or whoever can sit and listen. Then guess what? you are having church!!! LoL..But I understand wanting that extra fellowship.  You can atleast do this until you find a church to attend.

Blessings to you and your family.