• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

; For Sheniy.

I didnt' use your quote because it gets too long,that is the with multi quotes,but you asked why I said "in heaven we don't stagnate",

and you wondered why I said that .  Well it was a bit hyperbolic,but as children we saw the image of heaven with adam and eve

standing in a garden ,just standing  .I remember some time ago ,a Young 'atheist' on a board said he did'nt want to go to heaven 

anyway ,because he would be completely bored . I laughed ,but you can see it is one of the many false ideas that young,and not

so  young have of 'life eternal' ,that they will be bored stiff (forever).  

Guest shiloh357

I think there is a further point to consider.  The Tree of Life obviously imparted some type of life-effecting properties to the human body.  The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was forbidden for Adam and Eve to eat.  It would not only impart knowledge of Good, but knowledge of Evil. 

Now, see what G-d does once they had eaten of it.  He has a very grave concern.  In Ge3:21 G-d says, "NOW man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil.  He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and live forever."

G-d did not want us to live in this state forever because we would have the capacity to do great evil in a forever state.  Now while he made the tree in a good and pleasing form, it was still something that was forbidden and to be avoided.

^^ THIS ^^

If the Tree of Life give physical eternal life, than remove it and we physically die/decay/become dust.

God imparted man both physical and spiritual life.  The Tree of Life didn't.  It could not offer man anything God had not already given Him.  God, not the Tree of Life, was Adam's source of life.
OK,  then what was the purpose of the Tree of Life?  G-d automatically gave them permission to eat from it.
Any answer I give to that would be purely speculatory in nature.  It is best to be silent where the Bible is silent.  The Bible doesn't tells us exactly what the Tree of Life was for.  The bottom line is that when Adam disobeyed God and brought sin into the world, he also introduced death into the natural world.

Lol

The bible also doesn't tell us the universe was created 6000 years ago but you don't seem to mind to share your speculation on that.

The Bible easily supoorts the earth being 6,000 years old. There is no speculation on that at all.    OEC is rooted in speculation by unbelievers.  I have a much firmer foundation than OEC does or the pre-adamite fairytale, or whatever else you can dream up.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

I think there is a further point to consider.  The Tree of Life obviously imparted some type of life-effecting properties to the human body.  The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was forbidden for Adam and Eve to eat.  It would not only impart knowledge of Good, but knowledge of Evil. 

Now, see what G-d does once they had eaten of it.  He has a very grave concern.  In Ge3:21 G-d says, "NOW man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil.  He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and live forever."

G-d did not want us to live in this state forever because we would have the capacity to do great evil in a forever state.  Now while he made the tree in a good and pleasing form, it was still something that was forbidden and to be avoided.

^^ THIS ^^

If the Tree of Life give physical eternal life, than remove it and we physically die/decay/become dust.

God imparted man both physical and spiritual life.  The Tree of Life didn't.  It could not offer man anything God had not already given Him.  God, not the Tree of Life, was Adam's source of life.
OK,  then what was the purpose of the Tree of Life?  G-d automatically gave them permission to eat from it.
Any answer I give to that would be purely speculatory in nature.  It is best to be silent where the Bible is silent.  The Bible doesn't tells us exactly what the Tree of Life was for.  The bottom line is that when Adam disobeyed God and brought sin into the world, he also introduced death into the natural world.

Lol

The bible also doesn't tell us the universe was created 6000 years ago but you don't seem to mind to share your speculation on that.

The Bible easily supoorts the earth being 6,000 years old. There is no speculation on that at all.    OEC is rooted in speculation by unbelievers.  I have a much firmer foundation than OEC does or the pre-adamite fairytale, or whatever else you can dream up.

Sorry bro, they both SPECULATE. God never ever said when he created the universe. We both are great speculators. Admit it and accept it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

; For Sheniy.

I didnt' use your quote because it gets too long,that is the with multi quotes,but you asked why I said "in heaven we don't stagnate",

and you wondered why I said that .  Well it was a bit hyperbolic,but as children we saw the image of heaven with adam and eve

standing in a garden ,just standing  .I remember some time ago ,a Young 'atheist' on a board said he did'nt want to go to heaven 

anyway ,because he would be completely bored . I laughed ,but you can see it is one of the many false ideas that young,and not

so  young have of 'life eternal' ,that they will be bored stiff (forever).  

True, unfortunately we have all been probably guilty of carrying over some teachings in our Sunday School or Church that really are incorrect.  Like the three wise men being shown at the Nativity.  Scripture says, they came to Joseph and Mary's home when Jesus was a child, not an infant, Lk 2:9.  Nothing says there were 3 wise men, just says Magi, Lk 2:1.  There could have been more or less.  Also, Jesus changing Saul's name to Paul.  Did not happen.  In fact, whenever Jesus did address him it was always as Saul.  Saul was also known as Paul, because he was a Diaspora Jew and a Roman citizen, Acts 13:9.  There are others.  It just indicates how we all really need to search G-d's word and let Him teach us, particularly if we are holding on to some tradition that could be preventing us.

Guest shiloh357

^^ THIS ^^

Lol

Sorry bro, they both SPECULATE. God never ever said when he created the universe. We both are great speculators. Admit it and accept it.

Nope, I don't have to speculate.  That' s the beauty of trusting in the Word of God.  I have the Word of an all-knowing God who doesn't lie or make mistakes.  YOU are the one operating form speculation over what the Bible doesn't say.  We are not starting from the same point of departure, nor are we standing on even ground.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

If that is true Shiloh give us the verse that states the exact time and date the universe was created.

Guest shiloh357

If that is true Shiloh give us the verse that states the exact time and date the universe was created.

I never claimed it gave that information.  I don't have to support a claim I never made. 

If it does not provide that information then any determination of the age of the earth is based on speculation.

Guest shiloh357

If it does not provide that information then any determination of the age of the earth is based on speculation.

Wrong.

We can easily use the genealogical record from Abraham going back to know the earth is about 6,000 years old, given that creation is only a week long.  That isn't speculation at all.   Those who argue that the earth is older, or that the week of creation was about 15 billion years or that there was some "Gap" between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2 are the ones relying on speculation.

I just have to take God at His word.  I don't have to rely on speculations and fairytales like some others do.

Well I will make it easy on you....give us the verse that clearly states without speculation that the days of Gen 1 were 24

hour days.