ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Psa 43:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. 

Compare to the Psalm 42.
Psa 42:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance. 
Psa 42:11  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

The sameness of this verse with Psa_42:5, Psa_42:11 proves that this psalm was composed by the same writer. The doctrine which is taught is the same - that we should not be dejected or cast down in the troubles of life, but should hope in God, and look forward to better times, if not in this world, certainly in the world to come. If we are his children, we shall “yet praise him;” we shall acknowledge him as the “health” or the salvation (Hebrew) of our countenance; as one who by giving “salvation” diffuses joy over our countenance; as one who will manifest himself as our God. He who has an eternity of blessedness before him - he who is to dwell forever in a world of peace and joy - he who is soon to enter an abode where there will be no sin, no sadness, no tears, no death - he who is to commence a career of glory which is never to terminate and never to change - should not be cast down - should not be overwhelmed with sorrow.

This is a beautiful repetition of what had been said in the foregoing Psalm, in which the humble Petitioner expostulates with his own heart on the unreasonableness of his distrust. He here does what the Lord, commanded to be done by His servant the prophet, stirring himself up to take hold of God’s strength, to find peace, and comfort, and security in God, and which God said he shall find. Isa 27:5  Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.

This last verse speaks of how Christians should be in their attitude before the Lord. When we feel low, caught up in our trials, we are to look to the Lord and praise Him in all things. To trust in Him for all things. For He is worthy to be praised. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

This is going to take me a long time to study, I do want to take the time to go deeper in these psalms,thanks for posting all your notes!