IGNORED

The tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Izzel

The tree of knowledge of good and evil.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What happen to the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

• It is in Heaven
    • It is on the earth
    • It was destroyed
    • Other

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

That is a good question, and one I have asked myself.  The Bible never says.  We know Eve was deceived by the serpent, and willfully chose to disobey God's command, but we don't know if Adam was even aware of where the fruit came from that Eve handed to him.   I used to assume he did, but now I am not sure. 

I honestly think Eve tricked Adam into taking it because her eyes were open first and she decieved Adam thus she knew what she was doing and Adam hearken unto her 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

The Bible is not clear beyond the fact that an angel guards the entrance to the guarden of Eden. We do not know if the guarden of Eden was destroyed. We do not know if the tree in revelation is figurative (Jesus is the tree of life) or literal.

Bottom line. We really dont' know. :thumbsup:

The Bible is not clear beyond the fact that an angel guards the entrance to the guarden of Eden. We do not know if the guarden of Eden was destroyed. We do not know if the tree in revelation is figurative (Jesus is the tree of life) or literal.

Bottom line. We really dont' know. :thumbsup:

In revelation the tree of life is literal just as the hidden manna 

In revelation the tree of life is literal just as the hidden manna

The tree of life in Genesis and Revelation cannot be compared as both physical trees on earth.

The tree of life is a physical tree in Genesis, but it is also a symbolic metaphor to describe the love and healing of God in Revelation.

This tree of life comes from the throne of God in heaven. http://en.wikipedia....ki/Tree_of_life

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I don't know if it's old age or the fact that I've got some form of ADD that disallows m to follow threads after the point they reach novel form (which seems to be getting shorter and shorter), but I will respond to something I read earlier.

The Tree of Tife is/was two things: First, it was a real tree in the garden of Eden. But as a real tree it served throughout history as a solid foundation of the coming "Tree of Life," Jesus Christ was/is the true reality of the Tree of Life in terms of its metaphorical value. What I mean by that is simply this: The story of Adam and Eve, the fall, etc. was both real and metaphorical. It was a real event and a prophetic event at the same time. The reality and metaphorical value were one and the same.  

The purpose of the Tree of Life in the garden of Eden was to give man access to the divine and eternal life of God Himself.  But due to man's disobedience the way to God's life was cut off. Then, at a certain appointed time, God Himself appeared in the guise of man, and having been obedient to His own prescription of redemption, died upon the cross, and allowed man to partake once again of His divine nature. To all who have confessed and believe into His all-conquering death, and His all-inclusive redemption, and His dispensing life, He has given access to the Tree of Life.  In Revelation we see that there are three basic factors in the New Jerusalem. First, the throne and the street, which is the expression of the Father., Second is the  river of water of life, which is the expression of the Holy Spirit, and finally there is the Tree of Life, which grows on both sides of the river itself.  Therefore, the New Jerusalem is a city which expresses the fullness of God in every respect - from redemption to glorification - and which bears the testimony and victory of God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/26/1957

Gen 3:22     And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 3:23    Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Gen 3:24    So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Edited by Brother Ron

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Adam wasn't too bright was he......    if he was going to take the plunge of enlightenment, he should have had one fruit in his left hand and the other in his right.....

I'm assuming that God knows what he was doing when he made us.....   but some days as I look around I have to wonder.   More times than I would care to admit to I come to a place in life when I just have to sit back and say to myself....  "Good Lord why did you do that...."   Not speaking of sinful things, just dumb things with negative consequences  like dragging a 75 pound suitcase in one hand and reaching in a pocket with the other to get some keys.......   drag a foot on the sidewalk and fall down.....    two surgeries later untold pain still mostly numb fingers and limited motion....    I ask myself why I would do something so unintelligent....    

Gen 3:22     And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 3:23    Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Gen 3:24    So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

the tree of life is around but what is your thoughts on the treeof knowledge of good and evil ?

Adam wasn't too bright was he......    if he was going to take the plunge of enlightenment, he should have had one fruit in his left hand and the other in his right.....

I'm assuming that God knows what he was doing when he made us.....   but some days as I look around I have to wonder.   More times than I would care to admit to I come to a place in life when I just have to sit back and say to myself....  "Good Lord why did you do that...."   Not speaking of sinful things, just dumb things with negative consequences  like dragging a 75 pound suitcase in one hand and reaching in a pocket with the other to get some keys.......   drag a foot on the sidewalk and fall down.....    two surgeries later untold pain still mostly numb fingers and limited motion....    I ask myself why I would do something so unintelligent....    

I dont think God created dumb man 

That is a good question, and one I have asked myself.  The Bible never says.  We know Eve was deceived by the serpent, and willfully chose to disobey God's command, but we don't know if Adam was even aware of where the fruit came from that Eve handed to him.   I used to assume he did, but now I am not sure. 

I dont think Aam knew where it came from  Eve decieved Adam into taking it she knew evil before him