• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

What do y'all think of this?

Grant Achatz, chef of Alinea, sparked a debate about the appropriateness of bringing children to upscale restaurants after he tweeted that a couple brought their infant to his Chicago restaurant on Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/14/alinea-chef-considers-baby-ban-after-guests-bring-infant-to-upscale-restaurant/?intcmp=features

Okay, well, there's your problem right there. If one has to 'pay upfront' when making a reservation at a cost of $200+ and without the possibility of a refund, then that is why this couple brought along their 8-month-old baby. Clearly their plan was not to intentionally annoy and disrupt everyone else's dining experience, - their babysitter canceled at the last minute unexpectedly. I completely agree that babies and young children should be left at home if you're planning on dining at such an expensive restaurant. However! Buddy, you can bet your buns that I would have brought along my baby, too...because there is no way I would be eating that much money due to a no-refund policy. I understand the purpose of such a policy, but bear in mind that having such an inflexible policy, though solving many certain problems, will only cause other problems at the same time. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone,,,,,,

I think it was AMD that was not happy about this owners decision not to allow children in the establishment?But I really don't think it is discriminatory & can be compared to the blind or disabled & elderly........I may be wrong & I can understand how you feel but I do empathize with this proprietor in a way & do hope I don't insult anyone but I owned a full service salon for many years & u8sed to watch the little children run wild in my establishment while the parents sat there getting their hair done as if they were deaf & blind to the Kids while I ran around after them-lol

Many of my clients complained,feeling it was their time to pamper themselves & the kids were really disturbing ......I gave out many a "free" service to extend my apologies & then one day a little 3 yr old boy picked up a jar off barbicide & began drinking it ,I flew across the salon & grabbed it from the boy(thank God,he was fine)& from that day forward children under 7 were banned from the salon & I lost no business from it & had alot less headaches.........I do think it is the owners perrogative & I have a little 2yr old grand daughter that I can take anywhere ,she is my heart throb & is very well behaved but I would not be offended in the least if she were not allowed somewhere,I simply would not eat there-LOL

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

My dog loves fish heads. 

I thought fish heads were deadly for a dog to consume.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

It should be up to the restaurant owner the age of his customers. Everything doesn't need to be decided by government or national opinion. I took my children in nice restaurant so they can learn how to behave in one. They were pretty good. i would never let my children scream or behave in a way that would make people uncomfortable. I would pick up my kids and leave if that happened. People should be considerate of other customers and the owner. especially if they are christian and pray over their meal.

My dog loves fish heads. 

I thought fish heads were deadly for a dog to consume.

is there a posion in a fish head?  perhaps some types of fish. catfish and perch seem to do ok for my dog. perhaps it has to do with the bones and if thats why yes it probably would be bad for some dogs i.e. ankle biters.  a vet told me once not to feed long chicken bones(leg bones) that will splinter to a dog especially little dogs.   but my dog eats lots of "leftovers" from animal I hunt/fish and whatever she can scavange.  She ate a good bit of a dead armadillo once and they are known to carry diseases and the vet says she is healthy.  i guess I should throw in that my dog is a bull dog(apbt) and she is tough as nails.  when she was only 4 months old she ate a hole thru the wall and a solid wood door just to go outside.  she ate some fertilizer once too like half a small bag that was mixed with chicken manure.  so far so good 8 years old and still going strong.  Now just in case some animal rights person reads this I want to say I didnt feed my dog fertilizer or anything bad for her, I feed her dog food from the store and she gets into stuff sometimes. 

Dangerous food for dogs:

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/ss/slideshow-foods-your-dog-should-never-eat

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I went through that and found the list interesting. Like for example, eggs. Ive had several vets say eggs, cooked or raw are good for dogs, and it says its bad. And the other, raw meat. Dogs were originally wild animals, what do you think they eat in the wild? geniuses. lol my dogs the last couple years have been finishing up the scraps from my game animals once I get done processing them and they havent gotten sick yet lol.

I went through that and found the list interesting. Like for example, eggs. Ive had several vets say eggs, cooked or raw are good for dogs, and it says its bad. And the other, raw meat. Dogs were originally wild animals, what do you think they eat in the wild? geniuses. lol my dogs the last couple years have been finishing up the scraps from my game animals once I get done processing them and they havent gotten sick yet lol.

That is your choice.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/03/1983

intresting

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/03/1983

That is your choice.

intresting

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Pat!

There is nothing wrong with raw eggs or raw meats for dogs and yes,their digestive sytems have not changed since they have been domesticated....they are well equipped to handle traces of salmonella that one may find in a "bad" egg and the amount of egg whites it would take to cause a biotin deficiency is just ridiculous.......the only difference would be that in the wild they do not eat everyday,this gives the digestive tract time to rest and rid itself of toxins,bacteria & parasites......So,anyone who chooses to keep their dogs on a steady"raw "diet would do well to fast the animal once a week

Your dogs must have beautiful shiny coats,good teeth & gums........................Natural diets are always preferred

With love-in Christ,Kwik