IGNORED

What does it mean to "support" something...

LookingForAnswers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Amen

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Support and agree with what God's word says.  If God doesn't you don't.

Short and sweet John!! 

lookingforanswers,

there always has to be a balance between rights and responsibilities

Rights without responsibility is chaos

Responsibility with no rights is totalitarian communism

There is no perfect society because there are no perfect people

The question of how a devout Christian is called to influence the governing entities of any nation can only really be answered one person at a time.

I know we are called to be salt, light, and witnesses of Jesus Christ. I guess HOW you carry that out is.........your right.........oh, and your responsibility.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Of corse you should stop someone from killing themselves. It's murder, These people need help, Alcoholics need help too, But it is different, Offering them AA and support is good. They may not take it until they hit rock bottom. To much help can be just as bad. It can enable them to drink more. Using laws to force people into being better Christians does not work. I do believe in laws against selling dangerous drugs. I don't like the direction our country is going.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

If you support the right of people to choose do a certain thing, does that mean you support that action?

As an example, I support the right of people to choose to get falling down drunk if they so desire as long as they are not driving or otherwise harming another individual.   I do not support, approve of or think it is a good idea to get falling down drunk, but I do not feel it is my place to force my values on others.  

Another example, I support the right of Kim Kardashian to be married for all of 71 days and then get divorced.  I do not approve of the action nor do I even support throw away marriages, but I do support the right of people under the laws of our land to make those choices for themselves. 

Is this the same as supporting the actions themselves?  Thank you in advance for your comments.

Yes, I would consider that as 'supporting' the actions. It doesn't matter if someone has the right, that doesn't always make the action moral. It's like abortion...does a woman have the legal right to have her unborn child killed? Yes. But the action itself is completely immoral and wrong. So no, regardless of whether or not the person has the right, I do not support it. And I base my lack of support on Christ. Not earthly legalities or someone's personal 'right to themselves'. 

Take a moment to remember 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Getting drunk out of one's mind, aborting one's own unborn child, marrying and then only 71 days later flippantly divorcing, ect... All of these actions are wrong and immoral and should never be supported by any believer in Christ. This is my opinion.

Edited by Шарон