• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

As I sit at my computer I can look at a musical picture that a dear friend bought me. It's a picture of a seagull standing quietly on a beach. The caption reads,

"Before you go to bed give all your troubles to God...He's going to be up all night anyway." I will be brutally honest here, I have a hard time letting go. It's tough to give up control in our lives. But I had to learn this lesson the hard way. I have always been someone who trys to figure out how to handle my problems. In the last few years I have had on ongoing one with my husband. I would lay in bed at night not sleeping and worrying about the outcome of some of his decisions. To make a long story short, this landed me in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer that came very close to killing me. Weak and sick I had no choice but to let God take over, and you know what? I found out He was much better at solving my dilemma the I was. It's not easy as I said, and I think it's a day by day process. I have come to learn that casting my cares on Him is the only thing I can do because as my pictures says, He's going to be up all night anyway and He sees the big picture and we don't. Remember we will be in battle until He comes to take us home, but also remember He has already won the war! Praise God!

Edited by Rustyangel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Rustyangel,

I love your screen name by the way. I can so relate to what you say. I was for a long time the master of my universe. Untill I got a chronic illness, I never knew I was not trusting in God. Each day now is for me a lesson to trust in God.

Boy I sure was decieved about myself in the healthy days. I know God allowed this because I needed to learn this. When all this first started I was just mad at God. My whole life was turned upside down. Even my friends were pulled away from me. I had no choice but to turn to God fully. Its been hard, but I never would change what has happened to me , and that is harder to say on some days, but I am closer to my Lord then ever before. Thanks for your post, I needed it today.

Charisse

Guest Thomas I believe
As I sit at my computer I can look at a musical picture that a dear friend bought me.  It's a picture of a seagull standing quietly on a beach.  The caption reads,

"Before you go to bed give all your troubles to God...He's going to be up all night anyway."  I will be brutally honest here, I have a hard time letting go.  It's tough to give up control in our lives.  But I had to learn this lesson the hard way.  I have always been someone who trys to figure out how to handle my problems.  In the last few years I have had on ongoing one with my husband.  I would lay in bed at night not sleeping and worrying about the outcome of some of his decisions.  To make a long story short, this landed me in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer that came very close to killing me.  Weak and sick I had no choice but to let God take over, and you know what?  I found out He was much better at solving my dilemma the I was.  It's not easy as I said, and I think it's a day by day process. I have come to learn that casting my cares on Him is the only thing I can do because as my pictures says, He's going to be up all night anyway and He sees the big picture and we don't.  Remember we will be in battle until He comes to take us home, but also remember He has already won the war!  Praise God!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rusty, Amen to all of the above and that brings to my heart my favorite Psalm

1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalm 121 (KJV)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Rustyangel,

When I read the caption to cast all your cares on Him, I thought, that is so difficult to do, honestly, it really is, for me anyway!

I guess I am now at the stage where you and charisse were at, earlier in your life, I tend to try and figure out my own problems, deal with things myself, it's not that I don't want help, it's just that I don't know how to ask Him, and then just completely let go. I've spent so long in my life being independant, looking after myself, and finding my own solutions to my problems, I know that the only answer is to completely let go, but how does one do that?

But you are absolutely correct, we should cast all our cares on Him.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1983

Rusty,

Amen sweetie. Thank you for posting this for us. I really needed to read that. I have not giving things to the Lord like I should and this really helped me to stop and think about at the end of the day i need to give it to God.

Love and Prayers,

Dancin :24:

Cast you cares upon Jesus

Edited by DaNcInAnGeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Rusty:

It's pretty common knowledge that I, also have a chronic illness and will probably undergo surgery very soon. There's a serious problem with the ovaries bilaterally and much scar tissue and bleeders (blood vessels) to operate around.

I haven't gotten the word or news YET...from the doctor.

I share in your sufferings brother...I live it one day at a time...just know you're not alone...I promise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah.........Rustyangel , we need to give it all to the LORD.

He wants us to depend on HIM.

He is ready to help us through all of our problems.

Sometimes I don't talk to HIm about , them.

Now I do.

For HE says this in scripture.........

PSALM 34:17

The righteous cry out , and the LORD hears.

and delivers them out of ALL their troubles.

LOVE and PEACE to everyone, :whistling: