• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I came upon these words and I was blessed!  They are written by Arielle Elise:

today i’ve spent some time going through some old journals of mine. i found an entry in one from almost two years ago. jay and i were married about a month and i had written down a bunch of quotes. one that really stood out to me was this:

“make a decision to be a radical blessing to your husband, family, and world of influence. give away time and love to those who need help, whether or not they have anything to give back to you.”

…woah. a radical blessing. one way to define radical is “far reaching.” i stopped and thought about it for a minute…am i far reaching into the lives of others to bless them? am i stepping outside of my comfort zone to reach out to those around me in need? (i often wonder why i desire to go on missions trips out of the country when i am afraid to talk and be a blessing to the people in my own neighborhood!) do i spend more time nagging my husband or complimenting and encouraging him? do i see the time spent caring for my little one as a blessing even on those rough (teething) :) days? it seems so simple but so often my selfishness gets in the way. such a good reminder for me to not become complacent in giving of my time and love- but to keep giving and keep loving, even when there is sometimes no acknowledgment. it reminds me of this… “whatever you do, if you do it as unto the Lord, our lives and the lives of others will be blessed.” i want to abide in Him and be blessing today- to those in and outside of our home.

“above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offense of others.]” 1 peter 4:8

anywho, just thought i’d share. hope you are having a beautiful day…

love,
arielle

I want to be a lot more radical!  Blessings to all :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

today i’ve spent some time going through some old journals of mine. i found an entry in one from almost two years ago. jay and i were married about a month and i had written down a bunch of quotes. one that really stood out to me was this:

“make a decision to be a radical blessing to your husband, family, and world of influence. give away time and love to those who need help, whether or not they have anything to give back to you.”

…woah. a radical blessing. one way to define radical is “far reaching.” i stopped and thought about it for a minute…am i far reaching into the lives of others to bless them? am i stepping outside of my comfort zone to reach out to those around me in need? (i often wonder why i desire to go on missions trips out of the country when i am afraid to talk and be a blessing to the people in my own neighborhood!) do i spend more time nagging my husband or complimenting and encouraging him? do i see the time spent caring for my little one as a blessing even on those rough (teething) :) days? it seems so simple but so often my selfishness gets in the way. such a good reminder for me to not become complacent in giving of my time and love- but to keep giving and keep loving, even when there is sometimes no acknowledgment. it reminds me of this… “whatever you do, if you do it as unto the Lord, our lives and the lives of others will be blessed.” i want to abide in Him and be blessing today- to those in and outside of our home.

“above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offense of others.]” 1 peter 4:8

love,

arielle

dear sister, i can see that being difficult in you, but you being radical will come sooner than you think. I see you growing in your walk.

Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be filled. luke 6:21.

He is the bread of life.

• Group:  Royal Member

love,

arielle

dear sister, i can see that being difficult in you, but you being radical will come sooner than you think. I see you growing in your walk.

Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be filled. luke 6:21.

He is the bread of life.

Can you share with us the ways in which you have experienced being a radical blessing? :)

I would say I am radical enough. I count my blessings, its such a great reminder sometimes even I get caught up in negativity I see around me and forget to count one by one my blessings from God, I never take anything for granted...

1.  God in my life

2.  My daughter and my almost 2 yr old grandson.

3.  A bed to sleep in at night

4.  my house

5.  clothes and shoes.

6.  my dog

7.  my family and siblings.

8.  friends

9.  my car

10. a job that pays my bills.

11. my health

12. food in my pantry.

13. heat

14. my hobbies to express my creative art side.

15. fresh air and sunshine.

16. having a green thumb with growing a vegetable garden every spring.

:)  No, I meant in the context of being a radical blessing and far reaching into other people's lives, as Arielle Elise describes in the quote in the original post :) How have you been a radical blessing to those around you?

But I agree, the things you listed are indeed blessings :)

well, I guess I would have to say i am radical in my creative side. I crochet chemo caps for the cancer patients, and in the past have volunteered baby afghans, booties and caps for newborns at hospital ...and as well help out with stocking up boxes of food for the thanksgiving holiday for families in need. After I retire from work (in 20 yrs) I would continue volunteering probably at hospital and maybe at schools, caring for people. I have the compassion and care.

well, I guess I would have to say i am radical in my creative side. I crochet chemo caps for the cancer patients, and in the past have volunteered baby afghans, booties and caps for newborns at hospital ...and as well help out with stocking up boxes of food for the thanksgiving holiday for families in need. After I retire from work (in 20 yrs) I would continue volunteering probably at hospital and maybe at schools, caring for people. I have the compassion and care.

That's amazing sis, I love to be creative too.  To some because you're not out there fighting bullets it may seem life a quiet life, but I believe that you are one rad lady for the King!  It's  never a good idea to judge, especially when we don't know what's going on in other people's lives, and so I'm glad you shared some of what you do in terms of being a blessing.  May you continue to be one to all around you.

Blessings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sis

Good morning & God bless you.....Praise & Glory to our Lord!!!!! That was very ice  & thank you for sharing with everyone

Little reminders are always a blessing

The Name of the Church I attend is Radiant Living & our motto is .....Radiant,Radical,Righteous!!!!!Cool,huh! Praise Jesus!

I will share with you what keeps me focused....................as much as possible & with a conscience effort  eliminate "I" and "me" out of the plan,the goal,the race     if make a "to do "list & it has too many of those on it,,,,, I pray to decrease

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Kwik from Philly, a lady of radiance... I like it!  And it's a true thing :thumbsup: