IGNORED

what are some ways to attack buddhism?

lnknprkn

Guest happywisdom

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that Buddhism refers to a way of living and is not a formal religion. Further, Buddhism has not created or started any wars.

All religions of the world would be enhanced by including rather than condemning positive and peaceful and loving and harmonious values. A person practicing Buddhism needs to be attracted and not attacked with a fear based approach.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

All religions of the world would be enhanced by including rather than condemning positive and peaceful and loving and harmonious values.

II Corinthians 6:15 NASB

Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Agreed, Ron...it seems I've seen two or three others in the past few days, claiming that it is "wrong" for Christianity to be so exclusive...when obviously, that is not the case at all...

Christ Himself stated that He is the only way to the Father...there are not "many paths", just one...

There are truths not of our own making, things that remain true regardless of what myself, my society, or my culture says about them, and this fact is one of those Truths...

AP

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/28/1978

i agree that attack is not the best or most effective means of sharing the LORD with others.

it seems to me that as believers the best way to share our faith with anyone of any religion is to live our faith. Love them...speak the Word in love to them...share your testimony.

also, let the Spirit work through you. So often we attack problems ourselves regardless of the fact that we are often inequipped. i would pray for this person or persons and also pray that God would soften their hearts to hear the Word and be convicted by it; that He would open a door and use you as He sees fit to love and aid this person.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

i agree that attack is not the best or most effective means of sharing the LORD with others.

it seems to me that as believers the best way to share our faith with anyone of any religion  is to live our faith.  Love them...speak the Word in love to them...share your testimony.

also, let the Spirit work through you.  So often we attack problems ourselves regardless of the fact that we are often inequipped.  i would pray for this person or persons and also pray that God would soften their hearts to hear the Word and be convicted by it; that He would open a door and use you as He sees fit to love and aid this person.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed Justme, no stones from this corner...

We need to lovingly present those who don't know with the Truth, not cram it down their throats... :rolleyes:

AP

• 7 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hi Inknprkn.

You asked

...i was just wondering if there were any tactics to help persuade buddhist people to come to the Lord

any kind of help would be good, such as attacking parts of the buddhist beliefs

Well for a starter you will not endear yourself to anybody of a different faith by attacking it...I suspect you mean how can we show them where they are going wrong and where their beliefs might enter the realms of fantasy or man-made laws and doctrine.

I would suggest you get a book about the Buddhist faith preferably one from a Christian author who is not endorsing what is wriiten there but merely pointing out what they believe and why.... especially if he gives useful Scriptural references.

Then when you have dialogue with a Buddhist you will understand where they are coming from and in your conversation they will see you have taken the time to discover for yourself what it is they actually believe..this is a practical method of evangelism.

In all you do water it with prayer and allow room for G-d to show you how to reach out more effectively to Buddhists or any other person who has not been brought to a place of repentance through Jesus.

I dare say there are a few ex-Buddhists on this site and no doubt they will be happy to share some poignant information with you.

Have fun. Botz.

You took the words right outta my mouth Botz.....

Ink, be humble and pray for wisdom from the Lord

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,426
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

One thing to keep in mind is that there are different branches of Buddhism. Some are more or less purely philosophical and don't even try to address issues like what eternity might be like. Other branches are more mystical/occult oriented.

With that out of the way, I have to agree that finding common ground and the way you live your life as a Christian are the best ways to go about it. On the common ground front I'd say ask a Buddhist to read Ecclesiastes. They'll find a lot to identify with there.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Hi Inknprkn.

You asked

...i was just wondering if there were any tactics to help persuade buddhist people to come to the Lord

Well for a starter you will not endear yourself to anybody of a different faith by attacking it...I suspect you mean how can we show them where they are going wrong and where their beliefs might enter the realms of fantasy or man-made laws and doctrine.

I would suggest you get a book about the Buddhist faith preferably one from a Christian author who is not endorsing what is wriiten there but merely pointing out what they believe and why.... especially if he gives useful Scriptural references.

Then when you have dialogue with a Buddhist you will understand where they are coming from and in your conversation they will see you have taken the time to discover for yourself what it is they actually believe..this is a practical method of evangelism.

In all you do water it with prayer and allow room for G-d to show you how to reach out more effectively to Buddhists or any other person who has not been brought to a place of repentance through Jesus.

I dare say there are a few ex-Buddhists on this site and no doubt they will be happy to share some poignant information with you.

Have fun. Botz.

You took the words right outta my mouth Botz.....

Ink, be humble and pray for wisdom from the Lord

I have another tactic~~~just tell them the truth about Chirst and what He did for them. Plus! read that date of the OP.....

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

This topic is interesting to me because I've recently made a friend who is into a watered down form of Buddhism. She tends to pick and choose things she likes from various religions and she is VERY influenced by sociology/anthropology. She respects Christianity from an anthropological perspective but also buys into all the nonsense that the Bible has been altered over the years to suit scribes' beliefs.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i was just wondering if there were any tactics to help persuade buddhist people to come to the Lord

thx :whistling:

Our taks is not to attack or undermine what some people may believe; it is to demonstrate to all people the love of Jesus. Most people respond defensively to having their beliefs challenged; most respond positively to being shown love. Jesus commanded us to share his love; he never commanded us to attack anyone.