Silence when I mention God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I started a relationship with God last year and it's been life-changing, an interesting journey... My friend/partner always goes silent when I mention God. He believes in God, but isn't a church-goer... I have never tried to change him - I understand that is God's job, His work... But I do feel compelled to share my journey, my thoughts on God and my experiences... But each time I do I get the silent treatment - as if he hates God or me or something I am trying to understand...

Yesterday I sent him a voice note where I read 1 Corinthians 13 in honour of Valentines Day and boom! Today I'm getting the silent treatment.

My walk with God is exciting and filled with many Moments I want to share, I just can't understand why he doesn't like me mentioning God.., should I stop talking about God or mentioning anything God related? God comes first in my life, so this pains me... Your thoughts would be appreciated....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sunflower...

Well,,I am glad to hear you say that God comes First in your life.....that's how it is supposed to be.I am assuming that you were already in a relationship with this fellow before this journey?If I may I would like to ask you a couple of questions,so that I may now how to approach this situation & offer any suggestions.....

I hear you talk about God but I have not heard you mention or Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus.....this is the Name above all names & the One by which we are reconciled to our Father,do you have a relationship with Christ?Is your"friend" a Christian",How long have you been in a relationship with this guy & is it serious?

God bless you,I look forward to your reply...............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Sunflower...

Well,,I am glad to hear you say that God comes First in your life.....that's how it is supposed to be.I am assuming that you were already in a relationship with this fellow before this journey?If I may I would like to ask you a couple of questions,so that I may now how to approach this situation & offer any suggestions.....

I hear you talk about God but I have not heard you mention or Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus.....this is the Name above all names & the One by which we are reconciled to our Father,do you have a relationship with Christ?Is your"friend" a Christian",How long have you been in a relationship with this guy & is it serious?

God bless you,I look forward to your reply...............

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes, I do have a relationship with Christ. No, he is not a Christian and thankfully Our Father has taught me not to judge him because of this... I started my journey two years after our relationship started, and yes, it is serious.

Ultimately my focus is on changing me, and as I do it has really improved our relationship. I have a good memory of what is was like to dwell in darkness - and I shunned anything relating to God - although I would pray/talk to Him in secret... It's amazing how God softened my heart, and drew me close. This is in thanks in part to my best friend/sister who's a godly woman. She never gave up on me, so I'm not keen on giving up on my partner.

Before my journey with God I had two questions, the first He answered pretty quickly, same day. It was not a coincidence, it was His response. The second question was whether my partner was part of His plan for me. I really needed the answer to that, because I wanted nothing to come in the way of me and God.

Instead of giving me a sign via my dream, or some other way (I have had visions, etc since very young) He provided me with an answer that, like his answer to my first question, definitely was not a coincidence. It was way supernatural - and the things surrounding it made me realise just how powerful God is, and how I needed to trust Him with everything.

That said... It's a hard journey and I often question God about his response and why it's so hard being in this situation - with a man that doesn't seem to like him very much. I realized that at the beginning of my journey my guy was a bit jealous of my newfound love - I was talking Christianese every day. Then I toned down when God advised me to be more compassionate. That it was His job to change my partner and not mine.

I am very spiritual - and I talk with God all the time. I get the sense that God is working in my partner - and really, I need to understand that darkness doesn't like light very much. I need to remember. I really didn't like that part of my best friend very much, it irritated me to no end. But at the same time, God was pursuing me, relentlessly, till I had to break down and admit I needed him in my life.

So I guess I answered my own question. Got clarity whilst listening to "Mighty To Save":

"Everyone needs compassion,

Love that's never failing;

Let mercy fall on me.

Everyone needs forgiveness,

The kindness of a Saviour;

The Hope of nations.

Saviour, He can move the mountains,

My God is Mighty to save,

He is Mighty to save..."

Whether my partner and I last, is of no consequence. I just want to be obedient to God, and follow His guidance. He will make it clear when I need to let go. What matters to me is that he comes to know Our Father, and if I am part of the reason he gets some of God's light, then this is my assignment for now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sunflower

God bless you Beloved,thank you for sharing & for your sincerity,,,,I have a good understanding of your relationship in both the Lord & your boyfriend and can offer you some advice & share with you my own experience, that may help?

It is good that you have a good grasp on ''relationship with our Lord"& understand that it is not about knowing about Jesus but knowing Jesus,it is quite difficult trying to help a "babe"to SEE,when they have not yet fully submitted to Christ.Just your willingness to surrender without reservation is what gives you the understanding with the eyes of your heart to know that you are the one that is going to be "changed"....and that change(transformation)comes by the Power of the Holy Spirit

Praise & Glory to God that you seek the Will of our Father,,,,,my advice is to pray for discernment,I cannot tell you whether this relationship with your boyfriend is or is not what God has for you & though you say God has shown you some things I just want to tell you that when God has something for you He is VERY clear & it will always be confirmed by 2 or 3 witnesses.....this is Gods Truth,we must be very diligent in trying(testing )the spirits because even satan can appear as an angel of light,the enemy is isideous& the father of lies........I know that your boyfriend believes in God but so do demons ,so that tells you nothing.....

Now as I said,I can't tell you if he is or is not for you but we do know that we should not be unequally yoked & that we will know a tree by  its fruits........honestly,it does not sound too good to me that he seems to despise the mention of God & when you spoke"Christianese ALL the time"......A man must love a woman as Christ loves His Church,when a man truly loves a woman he will "listen" to just about  anything she has to say ,especially during courtship to be 'approved & desired" by her    I will never sit here & just pacify you because that is what I think it is what you want to hear,you are my Sister in Christ & you deserve Gods Timeless Truth from me,nothing less....because I love you,in Christ.

The one thing that bothers me the most is that you said it is Gods job to change your partner,this is not true.....God has given us free will to make our own choices & though He MAY remove someone from His childrens life ,it is definitely NOT His JOB....but it is our job to seek His Will & do all things according to His Word .  I am glad that you are resolved to the fact that if it becomes clear to you that God does not  want this relationship that you say you will walk in obedience(easier said than done)

You see ,I married a wonderful,Saved Christian....we praised & worshipped together,did our Bible Study together & all things in Christ....he was a body builder & taking steroids,(some rotten fruits )& I should have seen the red flags all over the place but I was blinded by the god of this world that came as an angel of light(it was blinding-LOL)   Anyway ,he began to transgress & many things transpired but the long & short of it is,I felt like you....I remembered how people did not give up on me while I was yet in sin & living in darkness & I prayed & prayed ,I thought the Holy Spirit would surely convict his heart but it only waxed colder until it was totally hardened.....the truth of this brief little scenario is it was not Gods Will for me in the first pace,only I did not want to see it....perhaps he was Saved,maybe he wasn't but I received clear & concise confirmation that he was NOT who God had for me & thought surely I could stand by him & help him...........its more likely the believer get lead into temptation than the other way around & this is why the Lord does not want us to partake of them....thank God,oh  Thank God,I prayed earnestly that last evening(& we were getting along great)I said"Father I think I know your Will but I love him so if you show me loud & clear tomorrow(like in neon lights!) that you do not condone this relationship ,then I will put my hand in Yours & follow WHEREVER you lead,with or without Him I want to do Your Will,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In the morning,no argument,he broke my nose & my rib,,,,,,how's that for a neon sign?I never looked back & follow my Lord without question,

My only intention is to encourage you to seek Gods Will,God works ALL things for the good of those that love Him,according to the purpose of his call,,,,,so do not ever fear where the Lord will take you,,,,,,it will be in your best interest & to give Him all the glory, I will keep you lifted in prayer & may you have the Heart & Mind of Christ,the Wisdom & Understanding of the Holy Spirit & God directing your path..............God Bless you & may He keep drawing you unto Himself

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thank you for your kindness in taking the time to respond. 

Do know that by Gods job I was merely referring to the work of God within him. The changes that come with a softening of a heart and the change that happens when one is transformed...

You know how women try so hard to change their partners instead of focusing on their own change? I didn't mean anything harsh by it. His change is between God and him. 

I have faith. 

Enjoy your Sunday! Mine is sweltering hot, beautiful blue skies and filled with kids laughter...  

Have a blessed day

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Hello Sunflower,

Maybe this is the real test of love with your partner. Truth is like gravity. The pull will become too much. Some relationships break apart cause one person changes and the other just wasnt ready for the change of interest. God is the answer, never the problem.

blessings,

desi

Ladies, Kwik & Desi...

Thank for sharing your thoughts. Truth & guidance are appreciate on my journey. Continue to shine your light for others and stand firm on His Word. Have a blessed week...

It's 21:34 in my world. Off to sleep soon...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Kind of reminds me of the time I first bowed my knee to the Lordship of Christ. I was living with Marianne at that time and immediately after my conversion she drew away from me. She was not happy with the new me and tried to convince me the old me was fine as it was.

Well, needless to say, we went our own ways. She would not join me on my new journey and I wanted nothing more of my old journey. Admittedly, I lost some nice benefits, but after a while I realized they were all dung and that knowing Christ was far superior.

Your friend sounds like my Marianne. I hope you realize his fate may be similar.

Nevertheless, I want what is best for you because YOU are the one I love and care most about (my sister in Christ).

Spock out

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Thank you for your kindness in taking the time to respond. 

Do know that by Gods job I was merely referring to the work of God within him. The changes that come with a softening of a heart and the change that happens when one is transformed...

You know how women try so hard to change their partners instead of focusing on their own change? I didn't mean anything harsh by it. His change is between God and him. 

I have faith. 

Enjoy your Sunday! Mine is sweltering hot, beautiful blue skies and filled with kids laughter...  

Have a blessed day

Sunflower,

This is awesome up here what you said. So many people are so busy trying to change their partners to their ways thinking this is best for that person. Unfortunately, if the change isn't from within, it usually doesn't stick and ultimately backfires.

This reminds me of the time my wife, not then, told me it is best that we break up (we were dating). She wasn't happy with the way things were heading so instead of trying to change me, she left me hanging. (Imagine that!) lol

Anyhow, I thought long and hard about why she dumped me (about two weeks) and you know what? She was right to do that. Yeah, I know that is hard for me to believe too.

In two weeks I called her up and asked her if she still had a spot in her heart for me. She said not much but was willing to at least see me (on trial). Well, guess what? She liked the new me and the rest you know- she's fat (not literally) and happy. Lol

My point in case it got lost- I WANTED to change. She didn't strong arm me into doing it. This is why I think you are so right on and in a good place. It doesn't sound like you will Try to change him so unless he wants to change (toward god) you will clearly see the path before you. It will be that obvious.

Sorry this took so long to make a point you didn't even ask for. (I'm in a reflective mood.)

Your brother in Christ,

Spock