IGNORED

The AUTHOR is GOD

Enoch2021

Guest shiloh357

I didn't promote her, I promoted a book she wrote.

That'a distinction without a difference.   That's like saying, "I was promoting Mein Kamph.  I wasn't promoting Hitler."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

All this numerology stuff and other contrived cosmic connections are in my opinion a bunch of smoke and mirrors, and that is what I am trying to show.  I actually find them dangerous and that they take away from the true message of the Bible.   Numerology can lead people to mystical extremes, it will cause them to believe numbers can reveal the future, or uncover hidden "truths".  E2021 even implied that the dates of his namesakes birth and death can point to the 2nd coming.  This is very dangerous stuff

I actually do agree with this.

It's fascinating, but we do need to be careful not to add to the Bible what isn't intended.

================================================================================================

It's fascinating, but we do need to be careful not to add to the Bible what isn't intended.  I actually do agree with this.

Are you Serious!!  Have you read these THREADS??  Changing and Adding to GOD'S WORD is Standing Operating Procedure from the Majority of posters!!!

What does this mean to you:

(Proverbs 25:2) "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter."

Pray Tell, where else would HE "CONCEAL A THING" other than in HIS WORD??

Now, I agree there is a Danger here.  And that comes with attempting to "DIVINE" something or Foretell Events or some other Trash.   In No way have I attempted to do this with the OP. 

If so, Please show me Where!!

The Case for ENOCH/NOAH/CHRIST'S RESURRECTION/PARTING OF THE RED SEA et al wasn't based on "Numerology" or any Apostate Heresy!!  It was looking for "PATTERNS" and "TYPES" IN THE WORD of GOD....which are PRETTY APPARENT to the READER.  I found it interesting.

I wasn't DATE SETTING!!!!!             "Prophecy is PATTERN"

And my thought was...."would it be surprising if HIS SECOND COMING occurred on the Anniversary of those events"........Ya Think??

And please, for the Love of everything Sacred and Holy.....can we BE SPECIFIC and leave the sweeping generalizations out of discussions.

Thanks

Guest shiloh357

All this numerology stuff and other contrived cosmic connections are in my opinion a bunch of smoke and mirrors, and that is what I am trying to show.  I actually find them dangerous and that they take away from the true message of the Bible.   Numerology can lead people to mystical extremes, it will cause them to believe numbers can reveal the future, or uncover hidden "truths".  E2021 even implied that the dates of his namesakes birth and death can point to the 2nd coming.  This is very dangerous stuff

It's fascinating, but we do need to be careful not to add to the Bible what isn't intended.

Yeah like adding 4.5 billion years to the age of the earth and callling it "biblical."   Claims that there was a pre-adamite earth that existed before our earth was created,  Claims that sin and death exisited before Adam and claiming that to be "biblical.

All we have seen is people adding stuff to the Bible things that it doesn't say and was never intended.   The entire OEC model is rooted in adding to the Bible.  "Hi kettle, my name is pot and you're black."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah like adding 4.5 billion years to the age of the earth and callling it "biblical."   Claims that there was a pre-adamite earth that existed before our earth was created,  Claims that sin and death exisited before Adam and claiming that to be "biblical.

"Hi kettle, my name is pot and you're black."

^_^   Exactly.

Not sure where the pot and kettle reference comes from, as I've never made such claims.

Personally, I think the bible is vague enough about the details of how God created the world (and other things) that any perspective is just speculation.  I'm perfectly fine with speculating, as long as I don't claim it as fact.

You can tell me I'm wrong again, Shiloh, but it won't change my opinion.

Guest shiloh357

"Hi kettle, my name is pot and you're black."

^_^   Exactly.

Not sure where the pot and kettle reference comes from, as I've never made such claims.

Personally, I think the bible is vague enough about the details of how God created the world (and other things) that any perspective is just speculation.  I'm perfectly fine with speculating, as long as I don't claim it as fact.

You can tell me I'm wrong again, Shiloh, but it won't change my opinion.

The Bible isn't vague about how long creation took, the Bible  explicity states that death came through Adam, and the Bible nowhere claims there was a pre-adamite earth.   There is enough light present in the creation account that we can separate fact from fiction, if we are willing to do so and have any desire at all to be honest about the text.

Speculation is as worthless as a screen door on a Submarine.  

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Where would God conceal a thing? How about in His creation. Looking at more than just one random verse this would be the context of the passage.

My suggestion for Enoch and others is to get the booklet "Never Read A Bible verse". It would help you break the habit of taking a random verse out of context and making mean whatever you want it to. There is nothing in the surrounding passages that suggest this single verse is speaking of God's written word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Are you Serious!!  Have you read these THREADS??  Changing and Adding to GOD'S WORD is Standing Operating Procedure from the Majority of posters!!!

:blink:

Have you not read any of my posts in this thread? I've been agreeing with you, Enoch!! (mostly lol)

When someone challenged the names in Genesis 5, I tried to defend it. I failed, but that says more of my lack of knowledge in Hebrew than any problem with the actual meanings.

Honestly, I think this stuff is fascinating.

All I was saying here was that we need to be careful not to take it too far.

Truce? ^_^

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:blink:

Have you not read any of my posts in this thread? I've been agreeing with you, Enoch!! (mostly lol)

When someone challenged the names in Genesis 5, I tried to defend it. I failed, but that says more of my lack of knowledge in Hebrew than any problem with the actual meanings.

Honestly, I think this stuff is fascinating.

All I was saying here was that we need to be careful not to take it too far.

Truce? ^_^

Loved one it is God's Word and He has the backing of eternity as without begin and end...

So where do you find the need of brakes :) Love, Steven

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe hit the breaks by not adding to it what is not there? Just a thought

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Maybe hit the breaks by not adding to it what is not there? Just a thought

Well I think we agree that wouldn't be God's Word... would it :)

You have correctly identified the need to stand on His Word alone by the

context alone into the eternity together with Him... Love, Steven