IGNORED

Egyptian Muslims urge ban on Noah movie.

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

CAIRO – The controversial biblical movie Noah, scheduled for release in Egypt within a few weeks, has sparked outrage among Egyptian Muslim scholars who demanded its ban over depicting Prophet Noah (peace be upon him).

Depicting prophets in art is a “crime; not art, that is harmful to the image of prophets,” Sheikh Sameh Abdel Hameed, a member of the Salafi Call, was quoted by Youm7 on Wednesday, March 5.

“Depicting prophets opens the door for doubting the behavior of prophets … Actors cannot accurately mimic the behaviors, manners and appearances of prophets,” Abdel Hameed added.

The $125 million film, Noah, depicts Prophet Noah who suffers visions of an apocalyptic deluge and takes measures to protect his family from the coming flood, according to the movies website IMDb.

Directed by Darren Aronofsky, the American biblical epic movie is due to be released by the end of March.

The film has drawn much criticism for depicting the Prophet (pbuh) and not abiding by the original story.

An outcry by several religious organizations, saying that the script had strayed from the original tale, had forced producers to add a message at all trailers and poster that clarifies that.

“The film is inspired by the story of Noah. While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide,” read the message that was added to trailers

“The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis,” the message added.

In both Jewish and Christian traditions, Prophet Noah is acknowledged as a righteous man in a world crushed under the weight of sin and disbelief.

The Qur’an and the sayings of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, teach us that Prophet Noah was a beacon of hope among the descendants of Adam in an era where sin and lawlessness had overtaken the people.

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/africa/469973-egyptian-scholars-urge-noah-ban.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's against sharia law for someone to make and show movies about the prophets.....   this is just them exorcising their religion.   No big deal.

It's against sharia law for someone to make and show movies about the prophets.....   this is just them exorcising their religion.   No big deal.

Not their religion though is it? Noah has nothing whatsoever to do with Islam!

Noah is who he is in the Bible,   things don't really change till you get to Issac and Ishmael.   Stories are kind of the same in the Koran except that the stories are all broken up because of the format.   Until you get to Ishmael, and the promise goes to his side of the family and it all goes down hill from there.

Actually a lot of Sharia law stems from the old testament legal system including all the barbaric things that were required of the early Hebrews.

They didn't just make up the law about killing homosexuals....    anyway, we don't need a lecture on sharia...

It really doesn't take that long to read the Koran......   I am guessing that it would not hurt any of us to read just once.  We might understand what makes them tick.

Noah is who he is in the Bible,   things don't really change till you get to Issac and Ishmael.   Stories are kind of the same in the Koran except that the stories are all broken up because of the format.   Until you get to Ishmael, and the promise goes to his side of the family and it all goes down hill from there.

Actually a lot of Sharia law stems from the old testament legal system including all the barbaric things that were required of the early Hebrews.

They didn't just make up the law about killing homosexuals....    anyway, we don't need a lecture on sharia...

Noah is NOT who he is in the Bible.

Many of the stories in the Qu'ran and Hadith are altered Bible stories. They are not the same. For example:

Adam is referred to as a prophet which he wasn't.

Noah took the bones of Adam with him in the ark and when he left the ark he buried the bones in Jerusalem.

There were ten generations between Adam and Noah - all were followers of Islam.

The ark was 1200 cubits long and 600 cubits wide. (compared to 300 by 50 in the Bible).

Noah had a fourth son named Yam.

Satan managed to smuggle himself on board the ark by clinging to a donkey's tail.

The ark circled the Earth in six months. It didn't come to rest until it reached the sacred area of Mecca and Medina.

This nonsense goes on and on and culminates in the biggest lie of all, the claim that Jesus was not the son of God nor did he die on the cross.

You can't claim that this Satanic nonsense has any connection with Jewish laws. It's all plagiarised and falsified nonsense, created by the biggest fraudster of all time, Mohammed.

Many of the stories in the Qu'ran and Hadith are altered Bible stories. They are not the same. For example:

Noah took the bones of Adam with him in the ark and when he left the ark he buried the bones in Jerusalem.

The ark was 1200 cubits long and 600 cubits wide. (compared to 300 by 50 in the Bible).

Satan managed to smuggle himself on board the ark by clinging to a donkey's tail.

The ark circled the Earth in six months. It didn't come to rest until it reached the sacred area of Mecca and Medina.

This nonsense goes on and on and culminates in the biggest lie of all, the claim that Jesus was not the son of God nor did he die on the cross.

You can't claim that this Satanic nonsense has any connection with Jewish laws. It's all plagiarised and falsified nonsense, created by the biggest fraudster of all time, Mohammed.

The basic story is the same lines in that Noah's family was the only ones who came through the flood.   And like I said, when it got down to Abraham, it all goes down hill in a hurry.......   but,he's considered a prophet for he spoke for God and they don't want movies made of the people they consider prophets.   I'm not promoting the Koran as true, but we shouldn't be making a big deal out of this...      Considering all the things I see and hear about most of the movies about the Bible, I might start to agree with their theology.....    Much of what I read about the Bible movie sounds a lot like your post here.

Remember the Koran is what they have been taught is the real Bible......   it's what they are going to believe, and it's why they do the things they do......   even to cut off your head if you speak evil of Allah or Mohammad.

The basic story is the same lines in that Noah's family was the only ones who came through the flood.   And like I said, when it got down to Abraham, it all goes down hill in a hurry.......   but,he's considered a prophet for he spoke for God and they don't want movies made of the people they consider prophets.   I'm not promoting the Koran as true, but we shouldn't be making a big deal out of this...      Considering all the things I see and hear about most of the movies about the Bible, I might start to agree with their theology.....    Much of what I read about the Bible movie sounds a lot like your post here.

Remember the Koran is what they have been taught is the real Bible......   it's what they are going to believe, and it's why they do the things they do......   even to cut off your head if you speak evil of Allah or Mohammad.

I understand that but can you imagine the outrage when they see a movie that doesn't have the ark settling at Mecca, there is no fourth son and Adam's bones are not on the ark?

This will be a version of Noah that they are not used to. No wonder they don't want the prophets to be portrayed if they are worried that people may be told the Christian version of events.

But you are right about Sharia being based on old Jewish law but a lot of that was twisted too. Only some of Sharia has any connection to old Moseic law, the rest was made up to suit Mohammed's deluded mind.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Koran is full of lies about  God and the Bible.  It is nothing but heresy. 

Christians should not care one iota what muslims think of the Bible or the movie Noah. 

In fact, becaue the muslims are so 'outraged' leads me to think it is worth watching. 

Quantrill

I understand that but can you imagine the outrage when they see a movie that doesn't have the ark settling at Mecca, there is no fourth son and Adam's bones are not on the ark?

This will be a version of Noah that they are not used to. No wonder they don't want the prophets to be portrayed if they are worried that people may be told the Christian version of events.

But you are right about Sharia being based on old Jewish law but a lot of that was twisted too. Only some of Sharia has any connection to old Moseic law, the rest was made up to suit Mohammed's deluded mind.

Yes I can imagine...   I've kept up with them for a very long time...  that's why I am not surprised or bothered by them banning the movie.

The Koran is full of lies about  God and the Bible.  It is nothing but heresy. 

Christians should not care one iota what muslims think of the Bible or the movie Noah. 

In fact, becaue the muslims are so 'outraged' leads me to think it is worth watching. 

Quantrill

Well,  I can't disagree with you about the quality of the Koran....   however I would just remind you that they believe that we have perverted and changed the Bible and that is what they are taught from birth......

And since I am privy to the ten year plan that the Muslim Brotherhood has in place to subvert the constitution and bring this country down from the inside and are well along into accomplishing that plan, it is in my best interest to keep up with what they are doing...   It is imperative that I care a lot more than an iota what Muslims think about many things......   and you should also.