IGNORED

Church Doctrine and Tradition of men

Jerry1023

Romans 14:5-10

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

People that think they can follow any traditions whenever they want are in for a big surprise.

Following God's appointed Holydays versus man's concocted days of worship is not works-it's obedience to His commandments for a special purpose.

there is enough in the Bible to show us that it does matter to God that He expects us to follow and worship Him in spirit and truth-not in corrupted, vile practices rooted in worship of other gods.

Taking unauthorized liberty to do things such as altering God's instructions for worship and honor is sinful.

How many warnings in the Bible do we need?

We live in an age with our technology and research capable of dissecting every idol based tradition known today, so we have no excuse to fabricate theories why and when we can keep them.

We cannot serve two masters.

We cannot embrace two competing systems of worship.

By what authority did we change the days we observe when only God has the divine privilege to sanctify something.

Don't let false teachers twist scripture to suit their agenda and make changes according to their view.

However some people reason or rationalize the observances and celebrations we blindly follow, God makes it clear we must follow His directions and commandments about His days and forms of worship.

We can choose the feast days instituted by God or the holidays substituted by men.

It's your choice.

The problem with what you are saying is that God never forbids us to observe days he didn't institute as holidays.  There is nothing in scripture that says I cannot celebrate someone's birthday.  There is nothing that says I cannot celebrate the 4th of July in remembrance of the beginning of this great nation.  There is likewise nothing in scripture that says I cannot celebrate the day Jesus was born or the day he rose from the dead.  The fact some heathens celebrate idols on a particular day doesn't defile the day.  This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  That can be said every single day, including December 25. 

God makes it clear we are worshiping in vain traditions of men. THAT IS AS FORBIDDING AS IT GETS.

There is a difference between Holy day and holiday=one is a religious observance and the other is a day for personal pleasure.

birthdays are rooted deeply in pagan traditions. Research their origins and a little astrology 

the Bible doesn't give us the specific date of Jesus birth but the time frame is nowhere near Dec 25-that date belongs to a pagan tradition.

God gives us the specific days and instructions for worshiping Him. When we decide to use pagan customs to honor God we are sinning.

You can't have it both ways.

almost everyday in todays world we have a special observance attached to them like earth day or father's day, etc. but those traditions are not corrupting God's instructions. if they do, then we need to avoid them.

You may wish to consider plucking the beam from your own eyes so as to judge a just judgment without hypocrisy.

For you have said concerning his specific instructions

"God gives us the specific days and instructions for worshiping Him. When we decide to use pagan customs to honor God we are sinning."

Are you keeping those specific instructions given to the nation of Israel? No, because you cannot keep them in the manner written and instructed. You are keeping an altered version at best.. Close is not good enough, when you speak of altering God's feasts  given by the hand of Moses. While Christians celebrate Christ Jesus and his work on our behalf, it is you who claim to be keeping God's holy day's.. Rabbinic Judaism has created an alternate, of which many in Messic, Hebrew roots follow.

Lev 17:3  What man soever there be of the house of Israel, that killeth an ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp, or that killeth it out of the camp,

And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an offering unto the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD; blood shall be imputed unto that man; he hath shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people:

Le 23:37  These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:

Who is truly altering his feast days? Not Christianity!

Edited by Joline

Guest Thallasa

I believe in the eyes of God,there is only one church,that is church of Jesus Christ,i may be right or wrong,iam open to correction,A preacher said that because of church doctrine and tradition of men,many christian will go to hell fire,do you guys agree with him,some christian doesn't celebrate christmas,they said Jesus was not born on 25th, and beside it is not biblical,and Christ did not ask us to celebrate His birth,I want to ask is it a must that every christian must celebrate christmas,is celebrating christmas biblical or tradition of men.some church said that it is not good for a christian to drink alcohol,why some encourage it,because the first miracle Jesus perform on earth,was turning water to wine.what do you think.

Is wine only fermented or are there non alcoholic wine ?

I believe in the eyes of God,there is only one church,that is church of Jesus Christ,i may be right or wrong,iam open to correction,A preacher said that because of church doctrine and tradition of men,many christian will go to hell fire,do you guys agree with him,some christian doesn't celebrate christmas,they said Jesus was not born on 25th, and beside it is not biblical,and Christ did not ask us to celebrate His birth,I want to ask is it a must that every christian must celebrate christmas,is celebrating christmas biblical or tradition of men.some church said that it is not good for a christian to drink alcohol,why some encourage it,because the first miracle Jesus perform on earth,was turning water to wine.what do you think.

Christmas is pagan and a lot of Christians know that yet they still celebrate it 

Well I celebrate Christmas ,and will continue to do . I certainly would not like to be i heaven with people who

don't . Mean spirited does not even begin to describe it .

Guest Thallasa

Blessings Everyone...

Firstly,I would like to say "thank you" to enoob for posting God's Word on this matter,that should be the end of any question as this is final Authority.If any Christian wants to partake in the Jewish celebrations & Praise the Lord that is wonderful.

It was never a question in my mind for the simple fact that I am not Jewish,nor can I ever be.....although I am grafted in as a child of God ,I am not from the root as it is Written.Take for example the Passover celebration,this is a time to give thanks to the Lord for passing over all the homes o-f the Jews with the Lambs Blood (sparing their 1st born)&  rescuing the Jews from their bondage in Egypt,being freed from captivity ....the Exodus......this time was to always be remembered,Gods leading ,guiding,protecting & providing for His chosen people & passed down to each generation so they never forget Gods love for them......................this is not my celebration,my ancestors were not from Israel.These Holy Days were given to the Jews.....

I was raised to celebrate the birth of Christ & His resurrection,these are the traditions of my ancestors(traditions of men,yes)but what is wrong with setting a specific day ,apart from the rest,to celebrate the arrival of the King of Kings upon the earth or the day my Salvation was made possible in His resurrection?Everyday is the Lords Day & everyday He is more than Worthy of all Praise,Honor ,Glory & our thanksgiving ......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

How wise as ever ,thankyou

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Romans 14:5-10

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

People that think they can follow any traditions whenever they want are in for a big surprise.

Following God's appointed Holydays versus man's concocted days of worship is not works-it's obedience to His commandments for a special purpose.

there is enough in the Bible to show us that it does matter to God that He expects us to follow and worship Him in spirit and truth-not in corrupted, vile practices rooted in worship of other gods.

Taking unauthorized liberty to do things such as altering God's instructions for worship and honor is sinful.

How many warnings in the Bible do we need?

We live in an age with our technology and research capable of dissecting every idol based tradition known today, so we have no excuse to fabricate theories why and when we can keep them.

We cannot serve two masters.

We cannot embrace two competing systems of worship.

By what authority did we change the days we observe when only God has the divine privilege to sanctify something.

Don't let false teachers twist scripture to suit their agenda and make changes according to their view.

However some people reason or rationalize the observances and celebrations we blindly follow, God makes it clear we must follow His directions and commandments about His days and forms of worship.

We can choose the feast days instituted by God or the holidays substituted by men.

It's your choice.

The problem with what you are saying is that God never forbids us to observe days he didn't institute as holidays.  There is nothing in scripture that says I cannot celebrate someone's birthday.  There is nothing that says I cannot celebrate the 4th of July in remembrance of the beginning of this great nation.  There is likewise nothing in scripture that says I cannot celebrate the day Jesus was born or the day he rose from the dead.  The fact some heathens celebrate idols on a particular day doesn't defile the day.  This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  That can be said every single day, including December 25. 

God makes it clear we are worshiping in vain traditions of men. THAT IS AS FORBIDDING AS IT GETS.

There is a difference between Holy day and holiday=one is a religious observance and the other is a day for personal pleasure.

birthdays are rooted deeply in pagan traditions. Research their origins and a little astrology 

the Bible doesn't give us the specific date of Jesus birth but the time frame is nowhere near Dec 25-that date belongs to a pagan tradition.

God gives us the specific days and instructions for worshiping Him. When we decide to use pagan customs to honor God we are sinning.

You can't have it both ways.

almost everyday in todays world we have a special observance attached to them like earth day or father's day, etc. but those traditions are not corrupting God's instructions. if they do, then we need to avoid them.

You may wish to consider plucking the beam from your own eyes so as to judge a just judgment without hypocrisy.

For you have said concerning his specific instructions

"God gives us the specific days and instructions for worshiping Him. When we decide to use pagan customs to honor God we are sinning."

Are you keeping those specific instructions given to the nation of Israel? No, because you cannot keep them in the manner written and instructed. You are keeping an altered version at best.. Close is not good enough, when you speak of altering God's feasts  given by the hand of Moses. While Christians celebrate Christ Jesus and his work on our behalf, it is you who claim to be keeping God's holy day's.. Rabbinic Judaism has created an alternate, of which many in Messic, Hebrew roots follow.

Lev 17:3  What man soever there be of the house of Israel, that killeth an ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp, or that killeth it out of the camp,

And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an offering unto the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD; blood shall be imputed unto that man; he hath shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people:

Le 23:37  These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:

Who is truly altering his feast days? Not Christianity!

I think what some people fail to realize is if the redeeming of time makes the Church pagan, then the redeeming of pagans would make the Church pagan too, which means the Church was made pagan from the very beginning.

But that would be nonsensical, for this would be a complete and utter contradiction to what christianity  is about - REDEMPTION.

Pagans becoming believers means they become christian, not that the christian Church becomes pagan.

So the converse must be then true  -   If redeeming pagans and making them christian does not make the Church pagan, then redeeming the time from pagans and pagan celebrations and making them christian times and christian celebrations does not make the Church pagan either.

It is really that simple.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

It

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21 (King James Version)

Is

and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

"The deliverer will come from Zion;

he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

And this is my covenant with them

when I take away their sins," Romans 11:26-27 (New International Version)

Really

Then I will return to my lair until they have borne their guilt and seek my face-- in their misery they will earnestly seek me." Hosea 5:15 (New International Version)

That Simple

And call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee, and thou shalt honour Me.' Psalm 50:15 (JPS Tanakh 1917)

Merry Christmas And A Happy Jewish New Year Beloved