IGNORED

The Christian church (and) Israel

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

I have a question. What's the difference between the Christian church and the Jewish people (God's blood covenant) with Israel.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I tend to avoid giving quick responses since they are easily misconstrued or kill conversations, but your question is so open-ended, I guess I will have to say 'Christ'.  Perhaps you can expand upon your question?

clb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,289
  • Content Per Day:  3.30
  • Days Won:  30

Israel was to be the bride of God the Father, but she kept seeking to worship other gods--spiritual adultry. However, Israel was chosen to bear God's Son in human flesh, and was promised the land as her inheritance. It is promised in Romans that she will again come into God's favor and grace and receive their promised Messiah.

Jesus is the Father's heir. But we, the church, are betrothed to the Christ. This is more like being married but the marriage is not yet celebrated and consumated. It is much more than an engagement because the bride is already purchased and the groom has gone to prepare a home for her. When the Father approves, Christ will return unannounced to snatch her away and take her home. Then there will be a celebration.

It is promised that since we are adopted as sons, we will be coheirs with Christ. We will reign and rule with Him as kings and priests. But priests do not inherit the land. The Jews have been promised a land whose borders have never been fully obtained, but will be in the future.

Israel was to be the bride of God the Father, but she kept seeking to worship other gods--spiritual adultry. However, Israel was chosen to bear God's Son in human flesh, and was promised the land as her inheritance. It is promised in Romans that she will again come into God's favor and grace and receive their promised Messiah.

Jesus is the Father's heir. But we, the church, are betrothed to the Christ. This is more like being married but the marriage is not yet celebrated and consumated. It is much more than an engagement because the bride is already purchased and the groom has gone to prepare a home for her. When the Father approves, Christ will return unannounced to snatch her away and take her home. Then there will be a celebration.

It is promised that since we are adopted as sons, we will be coheirs with Christ. We will reign and rule with Him as kings and priests. But priests do not inherit the land. The Jews have been promised a land whose borders have never been fully obtained, but will be in the future.

I have run into this before but am not really sure what it is called or where from Scripture it is gotten--you are suggesting that the physical domain promised to Abraham and obtained by David but lost by Solomon will one day restored to the Jews as a nation, correct?

clb

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Perhaps you can expand upon your question?

I'm not sure how or where to start.

If you don't know the question how do you expect an answer?

Guest DRS81

Ok I know my question now. Ok, John Chapter 3 says you must be born again to see the kingdom of God. Are the Jewish people born again? When I refer to the 'christian church' I'm referring to all born again believers in Christ who have accepted Jesus as Savior. Is that also required of the Jewish people of Israel also? - David

Ok I know my question now. Ok, John Chapter 3 says you must be born again to see the kingdom of God. Are the Jewish people born again? When I refer to the 'christian church' I'm referring to all born again believers in Christ who have accepted Jesus as Savior. Is that also required of the Jewish people of Israel also? - David

Yes, it is absolutely required of them.  This doesn't mean that God in fact does not care for them; nor that He has abandoned them.  Romans predicts a day when the rest of the Jews will return to Him (which means accepting Christ as Lord).

Salvation is a kind of spiritual surgery--by placing our faith in Christ we are uniting ourselves to His death and resurrection: the old, sinful man is slain, the new man is raised?  There is no other way to achieve new life except by that process.

clb

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I'd say so.

Guest DRS81

Yes, it is absolutely required of them.  This doesn't mean that God in fact does not care for them; nor that He has abandoned them.  Romans predicts a day when the rest of the Jews will return to Him (which means accepting Christ as Lord).

Salvation is a kind of spiritual surgery--by placing our faith in Christ we are uniting ourselves to His death and resurrection: the old, sinful man is slain, the new man is raised?  There is no other way to achieve new life except by that process.

clb

So would you agree that the 'replacement theology' is false and deceitful.