PetriFB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe you would reconsider your position if you meditated on the fact that Jesus was talking to a Jewish audience before the crucifixion. Those Jews who took Jesus words to heart, would have been watching out for false Jewish leaders from then on, which would have then been the doctrine of the early church, to watch for false Jewish leaders.

That won't work, because our Lord Jesus gave us the same... warning about the coming Antichrist for the end to His Churches in His Revelation, showing us that the coming pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem is going to setup world-wide false worship, and not just in the area of Jerusalem only. If the believer on Christ Jesus doesn't understand that then they are already deceived about what's coming upon the whole world.

How can I be sure of that? Simply because the 7 signs our Lord Jesus gave to the Churches through John in Revelation is a direct parallel to the events of the seals in Rev.6, and the Matt.24:23-26 warning of the coming pseudo-Christ is the same warning about the "another beast" in Rev.13:11 forward.

It is ludicrous to think that warning of the coming Antichrist was meant only for the Jews in Jerusalem, especially since He sent His Revelation, that links to the events of the Book of Daniel and Jerusalem, specifically to His Church.

Some of you speak of how today a one world government is being setup on this earth, but then you create a narrow vision of the Biblical warnings about it as being only about the area of Jerusalem??? I see that as a created doctrine to align theories going on here about a ten nation Islamic kingdom put for the ten horns when that idea goes directly against the whole purpose for the establishing a one world government over all.. nations and peoples. Obviously some of you haven't understood the scope of the coming "great tribulation", which will occur upon all nations and peoples on earth.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Maybe you would reconsider your position if you meditated on the fact that Jesus was talking to a Jewish audience before the crucifixion. Those Jews who took Jesus words to heart, would have been watching out for false Jewish leaders from then on, which would have then been the doctrine of the early church, to watch for false Jewish leaders.

That won't work, because our Lord Jesus gave us the same... warning about the coming Antichrist for the end to His Churches in His Revelation, showing us that the coming pseudo-Christ in Jerusalem is going to setup world-wide false worship, and not just in the area of Jerusalem only. If the believer on Christ Jesus doesn't understand that then they are already deceived about what's coming upon the whole world.

How can I be sure of that? Simply because the 7 signs our Lord Jesus gave to the Churches through John in Revelation is a direct parallel to the events of the seals in Rev.6, and the Matt.24:23-26 warning of the coming pseudo-Christ is the same warning about the "another beast" in Rev.13:11 forward.

It is ludicrous to think that warning of the coming Antichrist was meant only for the Jews in Jerusalem, especially since He sent His Revelation, that links to the events of the Book of Daniel and Jerusalem, specifically to His Church.

Some of you speak of how today a one world government is being setup on this earth, but then you create a narrow vision of the Biblical warnings about it as being only about the area of Jerusalem??? I see that as a created doctrine to align theories going on here about a ten nation Islamic kingdom put for the ten horns when that idea goes directly against the whole purpose for the establishing a one world government over all.. nations and peoples. Obviously some of you haven't understood the scope of the coming "great tribulation", which will occur upon all nations and peoples on earth.

Salty, you misunderstand me. I was responding to Marilyn who seemed to be saying Jesus' warning of false Christ's was written to Christians, without a Jewish perspective. I believe it is written to Christian's but we must include the Jewish perspective. ie the warning about false Messiahs is a warning about false Jewish leaders. Modern Christians do not understand the word "Christ" or "Messiah" as referring to a Jewish man who would set the Jews free. So when Jesus warned about a false Jewish man who would pretend to take on that role of setting the Jews free, this is what we are to look for.    Some people tend to see everything modern Israel does as perfect when God already destroyed Israel for their sin in 70AD and Jesus is promising false Jewish leaders and a further army of destruction against Israel during the Gog/Joel war.

Salty, you misunderstand me. I was responding to Marilyn who seemed to be saying Jesus' warning of false Christ's was written to Christians, without a Jewish perspective. I believe it is written to Christian's but we must include the Jewish perspective. ie the warning about false Messiahs is a warning about false Jewish leaders. Modern Christians do not understand the word "Christ" or "Messiah" as referring to a Jewish man who would set the Jews free. So when Jesus warned about a false Jewish man who would pretend to take on that role of setting the Jews free, this is what we are to look for.    Some people tend to see everything modern Israel does as perfect when God already destroyed Israel for their sin in 70AD and Jesus is promising false Jewish leaders and a further army of destruction against Israel during the Gog/Joel war.

I disagree with that point of "a false Jewish man". I don't see how it's possible to confuse our Lord's warnings and especially Apostle Paul's in 2 Thess.2:3-4 as being about "a false Jewish man". The Scriptures are pointing to a false Christ with the power of literal miracle working, raining fire down from the sky in the sight of men, and such. That working is on par with our Lord Jesus' miracles when He walked this earth. So the two comparisons aren't even in the same ballpark.

Have you not considered the casting of Satan and his angels down to this earth in the last days per Rev.12:7 forward as an actual literal event? I realize today with the world's dependence upon man's science and technology it's difficult for many to believe that angels can really appear as flesh men walking upon this earth like God's Word shows, yet God's Word and His science transcends man's understanding so much that it dwarfs what men think they know about God's creation, especially when speaking of matters of the dimension of the Heavenly in relation to this earthly dimension.

This I have never had a problem with. I equally can fathom the existence of the Heavenly dimension as well as our earthly dimension. In many ways, the Heavenly dimension is actually the more real one to my understanding. When God returns to this earth and manifests the Heavenly 'upon' this earth, then all will understand how He originally created this earth to be inhabited, lived upon, even for Himself. His Paradise of Eden is returning here, we are not going there to live up in the clouds like many think. His Eden was once here upon this earth, and it shall return with Him (see Genesis 2, especially about His River flowing out of Eden, and compare with Ezek.47 and Rev.21-22.).

But until then, today still there is a veil separating the two dimensions. We cannot see the Heavenly one unless He allows us to (like He did with Isaiah, Ezekiel, John, etc.). That doesn't mean events upon this earth must be subject only to this earthly dimension's attributes. On the contrary, He showed us in His Word how that veil has been crossed by angels, and by His influence of His prophets and Apostles with their being in the Spirit, transcending this earthly dimension.

So when I read about Satan being cast down to this earth with his angels, with no more place in Heaven found for them, that is a literal casting down to this earth, not just some hidden spiritual mystical event. It is not about Satan hidden behind the veil attaching himself spiritually to some flesh man like he did with Judas, etc. It is about Satan himself, in person, appearing on this earth with his image of the heavenly, which is the image of a man, the same kind of image all the angels have from God. It will be of the order of the two angels that came to Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah with the appearance of the image of man, that ate supper with Lot and his family, and that the sodomites sought to have sex with. Satan won't be showing up with a goatee, horns, red flannel underwear and pitch fork either. He will have one of the most beautiful examples of the image of man that this world has ever seen.

This is another reason why our Lord Jesus warned us the last days would be like the days of Noah. In Noah's days angels were leaving the Heavenly to come to this earth and mate with the daughters of men (Gen.6). Satan's ministers constantly try to get brethren away from that event as being literaly about angels doing that sin, and it's apparent they want the world to be cornered with a fleshy thinking of the coming events for the end of this world. One's spirit by The Holy Spirit must understand these things, not our fleshy mind.

I disagree with that point of "a false Jewish man". I don't see how it's possible to confuse our Lord's warnings and especially Apostle Paul's in 2 Thess.2:3-4 as being about "a false Jewish man". The Scriptures are pointing to a false Christ with the power of literal miracle working, raining fire down from the sky in the sight of men, and such. That working is on par with our Lord Jesus' miracles when He walked this earth. So the two comparisons aren't even in the same ballpark.

Have you not considered the casting of Satan and his angels down to this earth in the last days per Rev.12:7 forward as an actual literal event? I realize today with the world's dependence upon man's science and technology it's difficult for many to believe that angels can really appear as flesh men walking upon this earth like God's Word shows, yet God's Word and His science transcends man's understanding so much that it dwarfs what men think they know about God's creation, especially when speaking of matters of the dimension of the Heavenly in relation to this earthly dimension.

This I have never had a problem with. I equally can fathom the existence of the Heavenly dimension as well as our earthly dimension. In many ways, the Heavenly dimension is actually the more real one to my understanding. When God returns to this earth and manifests the Heavenly 'upon' this earth, then all will understand how He originally created this earth to be inhabited, lived upon, even for Himself. His Paradise of Eden is returning here, we are not going there to live up in the clouds like many think. His Eden was once here upon this earth, and it shall return with Him (see Genesis 2, especially about His River flowing out of Eden, and compare with Ezek.47 and Rev.21-22.).

But until then, today still there is a veil separating the two dimensions. We cannot see the Heavenly one unless He allows us to (like He did with Isaiah, Ezekiel, John, etc.). That doesn't mean events upon this earth must be subject only to this earthly dimension's attributes. On the contrary, He showed us in His Word how that veil has been crossed by angels, and by His influence of His prophets and Apostles with their being in the Spirit, transcending this earthly dimension.

So when I read about Satan being cast down to this earth with his angels, with no more place in Heaven found for them, that is a literal casting down to this earth, not just some hidden spiritual mystical event. It is not about Satan hidden behind the veil attaching himself spiritually to some flesh man like he did with Judas, etc. It is about Satan himself, in person, appearing on this earth with his image of the heavenly, which is the image of a man, the same kind of image all the angels have from God. It will be of the order of the two angels that came to Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah with the appearance of the image of man, that ate supper with Lot and his family, and that the sodomites sought to have sex with. Satan won't be showing up with a goatee, horns, red flannel underwear and pitch fork either. He will have one of the most beautiful examples of the image of man that this world has ever seen.

This is another reason why our Lord Jesus warned us the last days would be like the days of Noah. In Noah's days angels were leaving the Heavenly to come to this earth and mate with the daughters of men (Gen.6). Satan's ministers constantly try to get brethren away from that event as being literaly about angels doing that sin, and it's apparent they want the world to be cornered with a fleshy thinking of the coming events for the end of this world. One's spirit by The Holy Spirit must understand these things, not our fleshy mind.

Thanks, I agree with what you are saying. Like you I believe the fall of Satan is literal, he will fall for that short period of wrath on earth. When I referred to the "false Jewish man" I think you are sometimes quick to see our differences when often I am agreeing with you.  I am not saying he is "falsely Jewish" ... I am saying the antichrist is a false Messiah, and a Messiah is a Jewish leader, not a Gentile leader.  I do see him as a man though, who together with Satan manifests in the miraculous way described by the bible as the  signs and wonders that you are describing.

Thanks, I agree with what you are saying. Like you I believe the fall of Satan is literal, he will fall for that short period of wrath on earth. When I referred to the "false Jewish man" I think you are sometimes quick to see our differences when often I am agreeing with you.  I am not saying he is "falsely Jewish" ... I am saying the antichrist is a false Messiah, and a Messiah is a Jewish leader, not a Gentile leader.  I do see him as a man though, who together with Satan manifests in the miraculous way described by the bible as the  signs and wonders that you are describing.

One difference between you and I is you appear to still leave open the possibility of the coming Antichrist being some flesh man spiritually possessed by Satan for that role, whereas I do not hold to that. When I say Satan de facto, in person will be cast down to this earth, I mean in 'our' earthly dimension with the image of man he already has. He will not need to inhabit the body of a flesh man, nor any other man. He is coming with his own image of man. This the two angels of Gen.19 did, as they did not inhabit the body of another in order to appear on earth as young men.

One difference between you and I is you appear to still leave open the possibility of the coming Antichrist being some flesh man spiritually possessed by Satan for that role, whereas I do not hold to that. When I say Satan de facto, in person will be cast down to this earth, I mean in 'our' earthly dimension with the image of man he already has. He will not need to inhabit the body of a flesh man, nor any other man. He is coming with his own image of man. This the two angels of Gen.19 did, as they did not inhabit the body of another in order to appear on earth as young men.

Ok I understand you better now, but I'm still not certain. So to clarify you believe the antichrist is Satan and will claim to be from the line of David.

I don't believe there will be a possession by Satan, its possible that the antichrist uses demonic forces at his disposal, due to Satan's strong presence on earth.

Ok I understand you better now, but I'm still not certain. So to clarify you believe the antichrist is Satan and will claim to be from the line of David.

I don't believe there will be a possession by Satan, its possible that the antichrist uses demonic forces at his disposal, due to Satan's strong presence on earth.

Satan and his angels being cast down to earth per Rev.12:7 is not a demon possession thing, because he and his angels have been doing that since his original casting out. Because Rev.12 reveals after the war in Heaven with Michael no more place in Heaven is found for him, it means a leaving of that Heavenly dimension. And there's only one other dimension left that's mentioned in God's Word, this earthly dimension.

So not just Satan is coming in person for the world to see, but his angels also that are cast down to this earth with him, per the Rev.12 Scripture.

Is that scarey? It shouldn't be for those who are Faithful to our Heavenly Father and His Son, for we are not to fear the death of this world.

Anyway, Satan is not coming in the manner the world has known him for. He's coming in place of Christ, or 'the instead of Christ' being one of the Greek translations of the word "antichrist". He won't be the true Messiah of the house of David, because he is not born of Israel, he's a cherub not a flesh human. Yet God created him also with the image of man, as all the angels have that image too. But the deceived Jews will proclaim him as The Messiah Son of David.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Why do you jump... way past the locust metaphor in Joel 1 with that, when those particular Joel 2:25-27 verses are for when God ends the locust working on earth and thereafter with His future reign? I thought we were discussion the events of Rev.9, not the events of Christ's coming and thereafter.

These locust army events will not only happen upon the nation state called Israel today. The majority of Israelites today are not even in the holy lands of promise, and won't be until Christ's coming.

Hi Salty

I am just simply showing you the metaphore in Joel 1 is explained in Joel 2.  It sums up that this prophecy concerns Israel.  It does not correspond to Rev 9 (the 5th trumpet) which you are using to back the interpretation, but implying that Israel has had their spiritual food taken away, and my understanding is that God will give them true spiritual food when Christ returns.  All those wasted years will be restored.  The armies,...the cankerworm,  the locust, the caterpillar God referrs to are Israel's enemies.  Their cheif enemy is Satan, for he has made sure that Israel do not receive the truth or fear of God.  The first antichrists were the Jews themselves.  To this day, Israel's leaders have kept the truth from Israel.  They are the ones responsible, because their God is not the Lord of Hosts.

The trumpets are God's wrath on the whole world, not just Israel, and Joel is specifically referring to Israel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Joel 1:1   The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel.

Joel 1:2   Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers? (SPEAKING TO ISRAEL)

Joel 1:3   Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation. (SPEAKING TO ISRAEL)

Joel 1:4   That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten. (All their truth is eaten up, gone)

Joel 1:5   Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth. (ISRAEL WERE CUT OFF AT CHRIST'S CRUCIFIXION)

Joel 1:6   For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion. (END TIMES)

Joel 1:7   He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white. (JESUS SAID HE IS THE VINE, THE TRUTH, THEY ISRAEL THE NATURAL BRANCHES HAVE WITHERED)

Joel 1:8   Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth. (THE HUSBAND OF HER YOUTH WAS GOD)

Joel 1:9   The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn. (GOD DOES NOT ACCEPT THEIR SACRIFICES NOW, IT IS AN ABOMINATION TO HIM.  THEY ARE CUT OFF)

Joel 1:10   The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth. (THE FIELD WHERE THE VINE GROWS IS WASTED.  THE NEW WINE (TRUTH, CHRIST) DRIED UP FOR THEM

Joel 1:11   Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished. (THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE VINEYARD)

Joel 1:12   The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men. (THE VINE DRIED UP.  NO MORE SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR THEM, NO FRUITS)

Joel 1:13   Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God. (THEY SENT OUT PRIESTS, FALSE PROPHETS TO DESTROY THE TRUTH.  THEIR SCHOLARS, ARE ANTICHRISTS, AND THEY HAVE PERVERTED EVERYTHING, EVEN THE HOLY BIBLE, SENDING OUT FALSE TRANSLATIONS)

Joel 1:14   Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

Joel 1:15   Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come. (THAT DAY IS COMING)

Joel 1:16   Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God? (THE MEAT IS THEIR SPIRITUAL FOOD.  JESUS SAID MY FLESH IS MEAT INDEED)

Joel 1:17   The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered. (THEIR SPIRITUAL FOOD IS CONTAMINATED)

Joel 1:18   How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate. (THE PASTURES ARE FEEDING GROUNDS, THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO FEED ON SPIRITUAL FOOD)

Joel 1:19   O LORD, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field. (THE ARE IN A WILDERNESS, AND NO PASTURE TO FEED)

Joel 1:20   The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

Hi Salty

I am just simply showing you the metaphore in Joel 1 is explained in Joel 2.  It sums up that this prophecy concerns Israel.  It does not correspond to Rev 9 (the 5th trumpet) which you are using to back the interpretation, but implying that Israel has had their spiritual food taken away, and my understanding is that God will give them true spiritual food when Christ returns.  All those wasted years will be restored.  The armies,...the cankerworm,  the locust, the caterpillar God referrs to are Israel's enemies.  Their cheif enemy is Satan, for he has made sure that Israel do not receive the truth or fear of God.  The first antichrists were the Jews themselves.  To this day, Israel's leaders have kept the truth from Israel.  They are the ones responsible, because their God is not the Lord of Hosts.

The trumpets are God's wrath on the whole world, not just Israel, and Joel is specifically referring to Israel.

The whole Book of Joel contains the subject of the locusts, which are the same locusts of Rev.9. Even in Joel 2 God calls the locusts His great army which He sends in the last days. It means He is in control even of what the enemies of God's people do in the last days. Joel 2 contains prophecy related to Acts 2 which directly relates to Christ's Church, so the prophecy is not just for Israel, nor only about Israel. Likewise with our Lord Jesus sending His Revelation to the 7 Churches via Apostle John, that shows it's not just about or for Israel, but for the Church of God as a whole.

In Joel 1 God is revealing 4 stages of working of the locusts with that cankerworm, caterpillar association. The spiritual attack they do for the end is linked with what God said through Amos about the spiritual famine of not 'hearing' the words of The Lord, looking for it and not finind it (Amos 8). That event is in effect for many right now, and will cause many to fall away from Christ during the coming tribulation by the Antichrist. It has to do with false prophets which the locust army also represents.

Joel 2:3

A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

The locusts is a metaphor God uses in Joel 1 about a certain people for the end, "a nation"---

Joel 1:6

For a nation is come up upon My land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

Notice the teeth as a lion symbol there, the same symbol given in Rev.9 about the locusts there.

Joel 2:4-11

The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

Same symbols as the locusts in Rev.9, horsemen and horses, chariots, prepared for battle. But the battle is spiritual, not a literal army of tanks and planes and such.

Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

When they fall upon the sword they won't be wounded? That's not a literal military army. The idea God is giving us with that is how they will be unstoppable, none on earth will prevent what God has given them to do in the last days.

They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

They will enter into people's houses like a thief??? What warnings for the end that our Lord Jesus gave links with that idea? God is simply taking two ideas of how real locusts work, and how a real army works, and combining them into a metaphor for how these locusts will spiritually, financially, educationally, politically, and religiously rape His people and the nations, and that includes the deceived among Christ's Church too, not only deceived Israel and Gentiles nations, because the whole locust working is in preparation for what the coming Antichrist is going to do in Jerusalem for the end prior to Christ's second coming.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11 And the Lord shall utter His voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for He is strong That executeth His word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

Right there in verse 10 with "the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shinning:..." is a 6th seal event link, and a link to Christ's Olivet Discourse immediately prior to Christ's return (Mark 13). And then verse 11 is about the time of the day of The Lord with Christ's coming with His army to defeat the locust army.

The locust working is about the world controllers who setup the coming global one world government, and their four stage apparatus they have been using to create it. All working upon the earth by them can be categorized into 4 main categories: education, finance, political, and religion. The first 3 stages by the locusts are already in place today. The last 4th stage to be conquered is religion, which will occur when the pseudo-Christ (Antichrist) appears in Jerusalem to institute world-wide idol worship.

This is why the events in Joel are given in association near the timing of the 'day of the Lord', which is the last day of this present world. This is why God tells 'us', His Church, to look and see if these events have happened in each generation's day, and tell our children about it as a warning until it is seen. Well, today it can seen as already having begun, the last stage only to be completed.