Crisis of faith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I think Kwik might be onto something here with the Baker Act call. Someone called it on me a few years ago and even though it was a frightening experience, I came out really appreciating life and realized that what seemed to be a big problem in my life was nothing compared to what I had seen in that place. She might be mad at you afterwards but probably will thank you in the long run.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

deleted.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Hall...

I was thinking about you & what you shared & was hoping you might say something,Praise the Lord!,You are the reason I thought about that ...............God Bless you

Dear Lass, I am very happy to hear she is cooling down,very scarey situation..............am keeping you & your family in continual prayer,God is able to do all things and has made much worse,much better           may His Perfect Will be done for all of you,in Jesus Name!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

... I am utterly devastated.  I feel as if my life and my faith are worth nothing.   I have tried my best but achieved absolutely nothing and my faith, although I have clung on to it in spite of everything is crumbling.  I have no sense of God's presence and He doesn't answer my prayers even when  I am suffering acutely with the Parkinson's and there is no relief.  I think I must have completely lost the way!

Sounds like you're experiencing what has been described as the "Dark Night of the Soul".

"The term 'dark night (of the soul)' is used in Christianity for a spiritual crisis in a journey towards union with God, like that described by Saint John of the Cross.

"Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, a 19th-century French Carmelite, wrote of her own experience. Centering on doubts about the afterlife, she reportedly told her fellow nuns, 'If you only knew what darkness I am plunged into.'

"While this crisis is usually temporary in nature, it may last for extended periods ..."

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Dark_Night_of_the_Soul?o=2801&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com