Appearance

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Is it wrong to care about how one looks?

~I view most Church-goers as people who care about how they look. There's even the phrase, "Sunday best."

~I hear that, "Our bodies our temples for The LORD". - I think some people are inspired to care about their health and appearance and feel support from this passage.

~I've also heard that, "we should be like lilies of the fields and not care what we eat or wear". - Yet I head it is a sin to eat too much. (gluttony)

~I've also heard that it is adultery to dress in ways some people find immodest.

Any advice?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I can only give my opinion on those subjects.

I don't think it's wrong to care about how one looks.....   but like everything else one can carry that too far sometimes.

I could be wrong, but I believe the scripture that speaks of the lilies is  more in context of worrying about where our food and clothing comes from.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Is it wrong to care about how one looks?

~I view most Church-goers as people who care about how they look. There's even the phrase, "Sunday best."

~I hear that, "Our bodies our temples for The LORD". - I think some people are inspired to care about their health and appearance and feel support from this passage.

~I've also heard that, "we should be like lilies of the fields and not care what we eat or wear". - Yet I head it is a sin to eat too much. (gluttony)

~I've also heard that it is adultery to dress in ways some people find immodest.

Any advice?

Quote: Is it wrong to care about how one looks? Quote

It it depends on who is the "one" is. if the "one" is yourself then it matters.

If the "one" is someone else you may not have a say in it.

Quote: ~I view most Church-goers as people who care about how they look. There's even the phrase, "Sunday best." Quote

I think "Sunday Best" comes from knowing you are going before the Lord on Sunday; so look your best. A mechanic would not go to church in his work clothes. The jeans you like best may have a hole in the knee; so wear them six days and put on a clean pair of jeans without holes for Sunday.

Quote: ~I hear that, "Our bodies our temples for The LORD". -Quote

Once a person accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior he does indwell.

So yes God lives inside us.

Quote: - I think some people are inspired to care about their health and appearance and feel support from this passage.Quote

I think you are right .

Quote: ~I've also heard that, "we should be like lilies of the fields and not care what we eat or wear".Quote

On this i agree with OtherOne. I think it is saying " not to worry God will provide" if he is your Savior.

Quote: - Yet I head it is a sin to eat too much. (gluttony) Quote

Yes it is wrong to over indulge in many things, you can have a beer or two not 10, you can have two helpings of food not four.

Quote: ~I've also heard that it is adultery to dress in ways some people find immodest.Quote

Adultery is not about dress code. Adultery is having sex with one who is married  whether you are married or not.

the bible also states by lusting after one is also adultery. for instance if your married friend dresses provocatively 

and you are trying to imagine having sex with her/him because their dress code shows to much you have committed adultery.

You can look at a beautiful person and admire their beauty without imagining sex acts with them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I dont believe its wrong, unless it gets in the way of your walk with God or your witness. The bible does speak against being vain-but that doesnt mean we should just let ourselves go either.