Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

It is very apparent that we are since everything God has giftted us is in promise form. The question needs to be  asked what has He promised us that we need to be proven before it can come to fulfillment? Jesus was indeed the model. What was He promised that He needed proving? Again, temptation is never temptation unless there is possibilty of failure.

the devil was tempting Jesus to test the Word of His Father.   The Father said, "this is my beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased."    That was what the devil was tempting Jesus about.   "if you be the Son of God..."  

Jesus wasn't promised that He was the Son of God.  Jesus was the Son of God.   So I am not sure where your line of questioning is going.   

But then we weren't promised a Christian-hood, were we? Where does tamptation ever cease until there can be nothing in us to censure?

Jesus indeed was, the Son of God AND son of man. It was from His son of man disposition that He could only be tempted [proven] and that continue until He died __as will ours.

Jesus was given the responsibility to protect the "Son of God" -of Himself-  that could be made to be of no value in the salvation of man  IF the "Son of man" had failed in His temptation.  Had He failed who then could have redeemed mankind? Because Jesus succeeded, we now have a advocate with the Father who is 'qualified' to make interceession in our behalf. By His faithfulness, Spiritual strength and allegiance  to God, Jesus Christ became the Divine "handshake between God and man". He was purposed to be that Advocate and had to be proven for the task. I hope that helps. . . :)

"Son of Man" isnt a reference to Jesus' humanity, but to His role as Messiah.  "Son of Man" is Jesus favorite way of referring to Himself and He is talking about the "Son of Man" vision in Daniel."

THe "written word" was the word.of God __ not what  you wrote about being The son of God.

You are running out of ways to reply to what I wrote. Perhaps thinking  it through a little more. will help you.

Maybe if your posts made a little more sense...

Maybe it is because no one has taught beyond what you understand, There is so much more to learn about it all that will explain why we have been redeemed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Temptation is referenced in us who have fallen but not to God- Who has shown to us in every temptation we have had and succumbed to

He did not!!! This was so the redeemed  can enter intimately with Him in prayer over their weaknesses  but also  condemnation to those

seeking excuse to continue in their sin...

James 1:13

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God

cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

KJV

Love, Steven

Jesus was tempted ___ God could not be tempted. I guess that is something you will need to continue to sort in your thinking.

As I see it according to Heb 2 all & Heb 4:15 and the above cited verse -we have not the capacity to understand

the Incarnation as to what temptation was like for perfect humanity but to His Deity it was no temptation...

As Shiloh clearly responded. Leaving me the reality He knows my weakness but I cannot fully comprehend His Strength. Love, Steven

It is very apparent that we are since everything God has giftted us is in promise form. The question needs to be  asked what has He promised us that we need to be proven before it can come to fulfillment? Jesus was indeed the model. What was He promised that He needed proving? Again, temptation is never temptation unless there is possibilty of failure.

the devil was tempting Jesus to test the Word of His Father.   The Father said, "this is my beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased."    That was what the devil was tempting Jesus about.   "if you be the Son of God..."  

Jesus wasn't promised that He was the Son of God.  Jesus was the Son of God.   So I am not sure where your line of questioning is going.

But then we weren't promised a Christian-hood, were we? Where does tamptation ever cease until there can be nothing in us to censure?

Jesus indeed was, the Son of God AND son of man. It was from His son of man disposition that He could only be tempted [proven] and that continue until He died __as will ours.

Jesus was given the responsibility to protect the "Son of God" -of Himself-  that could be made to be of no value in the salvation of man  IF the "Son of man" had failed in His temptation.  Had He failed who then could have redeemed mankind? Because Jesus succeeded, we now have a advocate with the Father who is 'qualified' to make interceession in our behalf. By His faithfulness, Spiritual strength and allegiance  to God, Jesus Christ became the Divine "handshake between God and man". He was purposed to be that Advocate and had to be proven for the task. I hope that helps. . . :)

"Son of Man" isnt a reference to Jesus' humanity, but to His role as Messiah.  "Son of Man" is Jesus favorite way of referring to Himself and He is talking about the "Son of Man" vision in Daniel."

THe "written word" was the word.of God __ not what  you wrote about being The son of God.

You are running out of ways to reply to what I wrote. Perhaps thinking  it through a little more. will help you.

Maybe if your posts made a little more sense...

Maybe it is because no one has taught beyond what you understand, There is so much more to learn about it all that will explain why we have been redeemed.

Ok tag let's get at it :D there is not a day that passes that I do not seek to know Him more... Edited by enoob57

Temptation is referenced in us who have fallen but not to God- Who has shown to us in every temptation we have had and succumbed to

He did not!!! This was so the redeemed  can enter intimately with Him in prayer over their weaknesses  but also  condemnation to those

KJV

Love, Steven

Jesus was tempted ___ God could not be tempted. I guess that is something you will need to continue to sort in your thinking.

As I see it according to Heb 2 all & Heb 4:15 and the above cited verse -we have not the capacity to understand

the Incarnation as to what temptation was like for perfect humanity but to His Deity it was no temptation...

As Shiloh clearly responded. Leaving me the reality He knows my weakness but I cannot fully comprehend His Strength. Love, Steven

I gave the reason for temptation and how God uses it to prove us to become sons of God. Learn that by reading you Bible. The problem doesn't  happen until we are born again. It is not about our salvation.

Don't you know that when we become born again we take into ourselves the very life Jesus had within Him?

Edited by Cross Reference

KJV

Love, Steven

I gave the reason for temptation and how God uses it to prove us to become sons of God. Learn that by reading you Bible. The problem doesn't  happen until we are born again. It is not about our salvation.

Don't you know that when we become born again we take into ourselves the very life Jesus had within Him?

best I can tell your throwing out a works based salvation :noidea:

Guest shiloh357

God doesn't use temptation to "prove us to become sons of God."   I am a child of God already by faith in Jesus.  God doesn't use temptation.  The Bible says in James one that we are not say that God tempts us.  Temptation either comes from the enemy for from my flesh.  God enables me to overcome it and He modeled that in Jesus Christ. 

God doesn't use temptation to "prove us to become sons of God."   I am a child of God already by faith in Jesus.  God doesn't use temptation.  The Bible says in James one that we are not say that God tempts us.  Temptation either comes from the enemy for from my flesh.  God enables me to overcome it and He modeled that in Jesus Christ. 

Child? Yes.  ___ Son? There is a price for that. The price of learning the ways of the Father.

Jesus was tempted. God allowed it. Why? To understand you must accept the reason as I have given it for it to make any sense when you read the scrptures.

God enables us the same way He enabled Jesus. So it isn't a question of whether or not we can do what Jesus did but, do we do what He did that we not fail? If Jesus was God ay the time, then He could not be our model.

KJV

Love, Steven

best I can tell your throwing out a works based salvation :noidea:

That is what all say, who believe they have it all with the sinners prayer, when not paying attention to what I am saying. They have no other reply because they only read certain sections of the Bible that support what they want it to it say.. They completely dismiss what it has to say about Jesus learning obedience. I mean, how do you handle that statement if you believe Jesus was God?

FWIW: Prove, test, trial, temptation all mean rhe same thing in both the Hebrew and Greek.

Guest shiloh357
Child? Yes.  ___ Son? There is a price for that. The price of learning the ways of the Father.

Wrong.  I am a son of God in that I am His child.  If you say otherwise, your teaching is false.

Jesus was tempted. God allowed it. Why? To understand you must accept the reason as I have given it for it to make any sense when you read the scrptures.

I already understand why Jesus was tempted and ti was not for the reasons you stated and I don't need to accept the reason you gave and I will NOT accept the reason you gave as it is not in the Bible.

That is what all say, who believe they have it all with the sinners prayer, when not paying attention to what I am saying. They have no other reply because they only read certain sections of the Bible that support what they want it to it say.. They completely dismiss what it has to say about Jesus learning obedience. I mean, how do you handle that statement if you believe Jesus was God?

FWIW: Prove, test, trial, temptation all mean rhe same thing in both the Hebrew and Greek.

This is absurd! The Hebrew Language is a pictorial type language and the Greek is a so specific it isn't funny language.

The Proving of God and the temptations of satan are the radical difference of light verses darkness! It might help you if you

placed Scripture as proof text for your assertions... Love, Steven