Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

This thread has become terribly complicated and has turned into a discussion of Christology. Let me give my simple and probably naive take on it.

Jesus was hungry. He would have wanted something to eat but he had been given a test. He didn't just fast because he had nothing better to do. If he had turned the stones into bread he would have given into temptation and failed the test.

It's nothing to do with misusing his power or following instructions from Satan. It's to do with the fact that he wanted something to eat and turning stones into food would have been a fail on his part.

I can't see why it would be more complicated than that.

1. What would have been lost had He failed?

2. Clue: It was the same test given Adam and Eve. __Think about it.

Edited by Cross Reference

Question: Given that temptation cannot be temptation without the possibility of failure, why did God leave both Adam and then later Jesus, alone that gave Satan an "in" to tempt them?

Why did not God immediately step back into the situation and come against Satan in their behalf because of who they were and meant to Him; what He purposed for them to become?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus chose the only route possible that could only bring about salvation to man.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply lately. I see what you're saying here. Jesus said there is no greater love than for a man to give his life for his friends. And at other point Jesus asked of the Father, if there be any other way let this cup pass over me.

God wanted to demostrate His love toward us through Jesus Christ, and even offered him a way out of it. How can love be forced upon someone toward others? Jesus made his choice based on His love for the Father which the Father had already chosen to love us while we were yet sinners.

My question to you is, can true Love ever fail?

Jesus chose the only route possible that could only bring about salvation to man.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply lately. I see what you're saying here. Jesus said there is no greater love than for a man to give his life for his friends. And at other point Jesus asked of the Father, if there be any other way let this cup pass over me.

God wanted to demostrate His love toward us through Jesus Christ, and even offered him a way out of it. How can love be forced upon someone toward others? Jesus made his choice based on His love for the Father which the Father had already chosen to love us while we were yet sinners.

Your perspective has Jesus doing it all primarily for us. Consider it was for His Father __we being the benefactors, however, incidental to that.

Your perspective has Jesus doing it all primarily for us. Consider it was for His Father __we being the benefactors, however, incidental to that.

No, it shows He was from the Father.

No, it shows He was from the Father.

But that is a no-brainer from any perspective.

Question: Why do you suppose God left Him alone for those 40 days?

To test God's Word as being true and the love of the Son for the Father. Look closely at the things Satan tempted Jesus with and they were a shortcut to what God had already promised. Satan was using the same temptations as what he offered the angels and some fell for it even though they had the living Word of God before them. Jesus demostrated that He was the Word made flesh (God in a human body...God is Love) which can not fail.

To test God's Word as being true and the love of the Son for the Father. Look closely at the things Satan tempted Jesus with and they were a shortcut to what God had already promised. Satan was using the same temptations as what he offered the angels and some fell for it even though they had the living Word of God before them. Jesus demostrated that He was the Word made flesh (God in a human body...God is Love) which can not fail.

I agree.  :thumbsup:  Can you say what was the "promise" made to Jesus, Adam, Abraham, the children of Israel? [Just askin']

Your perspective has Jesus doing it all primarily for us.

Consider it was for His Father __

we being the benefactors,

however, incidental

to that.

:thumbsup:

For

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

The

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Joy

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Of Us

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. Matthew 13:45-46

~

Love

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:4:10

Love

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Love

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song Of Solomon 2:4

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Praise His Holy Name, eh Joe?! :):):)