Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Temptation is referenced in us who have fallen but not to God- Who has shown to us in every temptation we have had and succumbed to

He did not!!! This was so the redeemed  can enter intimately with Him in prayer over their weaknesses  but also  condemnation to those

seeking excuse to continue in their sin...

James 1:13

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God

cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

KJV

Love, Steven

Jesus was tempted ___ God could not be tempted. I guess that is something you will need to continue to sort in your thinking.

Edited by Cross Reference

Guest shiloh357

Jesus was tempted in His humanity.   Jesus dealt with temptation in His humanity as a model for us.   But Jesus was not tempted in His deity. 

Jesus was tempted in His humanity.   Jesus dealt with temptation in His humanity as a model for us.   But Jesus was not tempted in His deity. 

Jesus dealt with temptation by knowing the "written word" of God. The written word of God contains His commandments. Jesus kept them. Christians are tempted for the  very same reason. God uses the Devil to "prove" those Who belong to Him; to expose within the Christian that which is "out of order" in him.

Guest shiloh357

Jesus dealt with temptation by knowing the "written word" of God. The written word of God contains His commandments. Jesus kept them. Christians are tempted for the  very same reason. God uses the Devil to "prove" those Who belong to Him; to expose within the Christian that which is "out of order" in him.

Yes, Jesus dealt with temptation in his humanity overcoming it by the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.  He modeled overcoming temptation for us.

However, we are not tempted for the same reason Jesus was tempted.  There was nothing out of order in Jesus.  Jesus was being tempted to test the Word of His Father namely that He was God's Son.

Yes, Jesus dealt with temptation in his humanity overcoming it by the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.  He modeled overcoming temptation for us.

However, we are not tempted for the same reason Jesus was tempted.  There was nothing out of order in Jesus.  Jesus was being tempted to test the Word of His Father namely that He was God's Son.

It is very apparent that we are since everything God has giftted us is in promise form. The question needs to be  asked what has He promised us that we need to be proven before it can come to fulfillment? Jesus was indeed the model. What was He promised that He needed proving? Again, temptation is never temptation unless there is possibilty of failure.

"He that endures unto the end. . .". ___ "Count it all joy. . . " What is the Bible saying there?

Guest shiloh357

It is very apparent that we are since everything God has giftted us is in promise form. The question needs to be  asked what has He promised us that we need to be proven before it can come to fulfillment? Jesus was indeed the model. What was He promised that He needed proving? Again, temptation is never temptation unless there is possibilty of failure.

the devil was tempting Jesus to test the Word of His Father.   The Father said, "this is my beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased."    That was what the devil was tempting Jesus about.   "if you be the Son of God..."  

Jesus wasn't promised that He was the Son of God.  Jesus was the Son of God.   So I am not sure where your line of questioning is going.   

the devil was tempting Jesus to test the Word of His Father.   The Father said, "this is my beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased."    That was what the devil was tempting Jesus about.   "if you be the Son of God..."  

Jesus wasn't promised that He was the Son of God.  Jesus was the Son of God.   So I am not sure where your line of questioning is going.   

But then we weren't promised a Christian-hood, were we? Where does tamptation ever cease until there can be nothing in us to censure?

Jesus indeed was, the Son of God AND son of man. It was from His son of man disposition that He could only be tempted [proven] and that continue until He died __as will ours.

Jesus was given the responsibility to protect the "Son of God" -of Himself-  that could be made to be of no value in the salvation of man  IF the "Son of man" had failed in His temptation.  Had He failed who then could have redeemed mankind? Because Jesus succeeded, we now have a advocate with the Father who is 'qualified' to make interceession in our behalf. By His faithfulness, Spiritual strength and allegiance  to God, Jesus Christ became the Divine "handshake between God and man". He was purposed to be that Advocate and had to be proven for the task. I hope that helps. . . :)

Guest shiloh357

But then we weren't promised a Christian-hood, were we? Where does tamptation ever cease until there can be nothing in us to censure?

Jesus indeed was, the Son of God AND son of man. It was from His son of man disposition that He could only be tempted [proven] and that continue until He died __as will ours.

Jesus was given the responsibility to protect the "Son of God" -of Himself-  that could be made to be of no value in the salvation of man  IF the "Son of man" had failed in His temptation.  Had He failed who then could have redeemed mankind? Because Jesus succeeded, we now have a advocate with the Father who is 'qualified' to make interceession in our behalf. By His faithfulness, Spiritual strength and allegiance  to God, Jesus Christ became the Divine "handshake between God and man". He was purposed to be that Advocate and had to be proven for the task. I hope that helps. . . :)

"Son of Man" isnt a reference to Jesus' humanity, but to His role as Messiah.  "Son of Man" is Jesus favorite way of referring to Himself and He is talking about the "Son of Man" vision in Daniel.

Both Son of God and Son of Man are reference to Jesus' Deity.   Jesus was 100% God and 100% human.  Jesus was not trying protect His deity.  He was modeling temptation for us so we could see how to handle temptation.  He did it in the power of the Holy Spirit and with the Word of God.

"Son of Man" isnt a reference to Jesus' humanity, but to His role as Messiah.  "Son of Man" is Jesus favorite way of referring to Himself and He is talking about the "Son of Man" vision in Daniel."

THe "written word" was the word.of God __ not what  you wrote about being The son of God.

You are running out of ways to reply to what I wrote. Perhaps thinking  it through a little more. will help you.

Guest shiloh357

"Son of Man" isnt a reference to Jesus' humanity, but to His role as Messiah.  "Son of Man" is Jesus favorite way of referring to Himself and He is talking about the "Son of Man" vision in Daniel."

THe "written word" was the word.of God __ not what  you wrote about being The son of God.

You are running out of ways to reply to what I wrote. Perhaps thinking  it through a little more. will help you.

Maybe if your posts made a little more sense...