• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1984

Hi All

Could you please clarify the difference between faith and hope with example. Is these two words have same meaning ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

To me faith is to know without a doubt and hope is to not know for sure. Example: I hope I will get this job. I have faith (I know) I will get this job. Faith is to believe that you are healed, hope is to hope you will heal. Miracles happen through our faith united as one with God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,282
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Hebrews 11:1 Wuest ExTran Now faith is the title deed of things hoped for, the proof of things not seen.

I don't just hope that I am saved. I believe that I am saved because: 1. The bible states that I am. Jesus is my Savior and Lord God. 2. The Holy Spirit in me cries out Daddy to my Father God. 3. Christ lives in me loving and forgiving when I cannot. 4. He changes me to look more like Jesus as my selfish old nature slowly dies and produces the fruit of the Spirit in me.

This is the title deed or evidence of something I can't see. Yes, it is a blessed hope to see Jesus face to face. But it is guarenteed me with a title deed when I am born again and sealed with the Holy Spirit.

I can't think of a better example right now.

Willa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Also without faith all is left is hope but true faith doesn't require hope.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Is not hope that which only the Baptism of Jesus Christ can secure to the Christian __ i.e., Pentecost?

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:2

~

Is not hope that which only the Baptism of Jesus Christ can secure to the Christian __ i.e., Pentecost?

~

The Baptism

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance:

but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:

he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: John 3:11

Of Christ

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. Peter 1:21-23

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Faith is believing and doing what God tells one to do, and hoping he or she is given the grace to obey God.

Example, I once believed that cancer was killing me.  Blood was filling up the toilet every time I had a bowl movement.  I had stomach cramps so bad that it was hard to stand up straight. 

I let this go on for five months, because with no insurance to pay for a doctor/hospital  it would have placed too much of a burden on my family.

Finely the pain became so bad that I asked Jesus if I should go to a doctor or not,  Jesus told me no don't go to a doctor. 

I then assumed he would heal me right away, but that did not happen.  I had faith that Jesus' will would be done, so I obeyed him.

Two weeks after Jesus told me to not go to a doctor I was healed,  That happened over six years ago, and I have had not return of health problems.

I believe hope is when asking God for something one hopes it is God's will for him or her to receive what they are asking for.

Edited by Johnlove

Guest shiloh357

Hi All

Could you please clarify the difference between faith and hope with example. Is these two words have same meaning ?

Hope is an expectant anticipation what God has promised.  Hope is rooted in faith.  Faith is assurance in the truth of God's promises.  Hope is what we have in waiting for the manifestation of what was promised.