• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

=======================================================================================

Humphreys has a lot of critics, even creationists who are critics of his research. I wouldn't call this strong evidence at all.

Ad Hominem (Fallacy).

If you would have "clicked" the link you would have seen ALL the "attempted" refutations and subsequent defense. I have reviewed the Design and Methods/Conclusions and Results, it's air tight. 

Helium in Zircons is evidence for a Young Earth and is currently undisputed (For 12 Years now).

Please show otherwise....?

And Fallacies are Fallacious.

I don't care about Uranus or Neptune, the subject is Earth.

Well Bonky, if the predictions of magnetic fields of Uranus and Neptune based on 6,000 years timescale are correct exactly to what was found, that means the Solar System is 6,000 years old; ERGO....the Earth is ~ 6,000 years old. 

Unless you're postulating the Earth is 4.6 Billion Years old and Neptune and Uranus showed up more recently?

Then where do the 6000 - 10,000 year ages of the Earth come from?

From the Genealogy Lists Comparison, SEE: Genesis 5 and 11

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Simply, is the old earth theory actually contradictory to biblical teaching? What are the thoughts on beliving in such things as the gap theory, and an ancient universe, as being in accordance with Christianity?

Or is the belief in an ancient earth antagonistic to being a Christian? From my own studies, I have not observed that the bible explicity states how old the earth is.

I agree with you. The earth was formless and empty before the first day , and so already existed and we do not know for how long. The reason I join in and support these YEC threads is that I still believe in 6 literal days involving biological  creation less than 10 000 years ago. So I am still compressing the fossil containing layers (allegedly 600 million year old geology) into 10000 years which gives my view a strong overlap with the YEC position.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I'm not seeing any arguments for a young earth. Evolution could be completely false and it wouldn't mean the earth is young. Creation could be true and it wouldn't mean the earth is young.

My arguments revolve around the overestimation of the age of rocks. The earth is definitely younger than scientists claim, but how young is a scientific unknown due to scientists underestimating the obvious Purdue effect.

So Simple Even A Child Can Get It

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Yet Most Men Willingly

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Give Up Hope

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:10-12

~

I'm not seeing any arguments for a young earth. Evolution could be completely false and it wouldn't mean the earth is young. Creation could be true and it wouldn't mean the earth is young.

My arguments revolve around the overestimation of the age of rocks. The earth is definitely younger than scientists claim, but how young is a scientific unknown due to scientists underestimating the obvious Purdue effect.

:thumbsup:

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

The movement of the Earth's tectonic plates and other geologic processes erase craters over time, he said.

"Impact craters dominate the surface of other planets and bodies in our solar system, like the famously pockmarked moon and Mercury, but the Earth looks different," Bowling said. "The Earth's crust is very dynamic and active, and over time it pushes and pulls these craters deep below the surface, until eventually they are sunk into the Earth's mantle and disappear."

Although it is known that natural processes erase craters fairly quickly from the Earth's surface, this model was the first to quantify how many craters have likely been erased, he said. http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2014/Q2/few,-if-any,-big-impact-craters-remain-to-be-discovered-on-earth,-new-model-finds.html

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6