dscapp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If you look back at where the conversation was going, you and Butch5 were discussing the moon and the sun, starting at post 167. From there , it remained on the moon and sun. You will also notice that I was replying only to that topic. After my reply, your response had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed, but jumped back to what Isa was talking about, which had nothing to do with the sun and moon.

Here it is.

Me and Butch understand what we're discussing, the depth of what we're discussing.

You had jumped into our conversation spontaneously. Sometimes debates go back 1 or 2 pages in threads.

You have been here long enough to know that the threads are for discussions and the SoapBox is for debated.  Anyone can "jump in" at any time of a discussion and offer their view.  You want a debate, find someone to debate and approach the Servants through PM to have one set up.  Other than that, the forums are open.

I'm not having this conversation with you anymore.

That's you choice. You can ignore anything anyone says. The point being, it is a discussion forum, open to all who want to reply.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I do believe the sun and the moon will be there. There will still be the festivals and the like in the kingdom and I suspect into eternity and the sun and moon are set for times and seasons.

But I can't find any scriptures that state what you believe, that there will be a sun and moon on the new earth.

All that you will find is that the New Jerusalem will not need the sun or the moon, for God will be the light, and there will be no night.

Revelation 21:22-25

But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).

Revelation 22:1-5

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

There is no mention that there will be no sun or moon, just that it is not needed in the New Jerusalem.

So it's fair to say that Isa 66:22-24 is speaking about the millennium and not about the afterlife.

As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24“And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Why try to compare the two. It has nothing to do if there is going to be a moon and sun.

Again this was a conversation Butch and I were discussing pages before you came in. That is why you do not understand why I would compare the two.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I do believe the sun and the moon will be there. There will still be the festivals and the like in the kingdom and I suspect into eternity and the sun and moon are set for times and seasons.

But I can't find any scriptures that state what you believe, that there will be a sun and moon on the new earth.

All that you will find is that the New Jerusalem will not need the sun or the moon, for God will be the light, and there will be no night.

Revelation 21:22-25

But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).

Revelation 22:1-5

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

There is no mention that there will be no sun or moon, just that it is not needed in the New Jerusalem.

So it's fair to say that Isa 66:22-24 is speaking about the millennium and not about the afterlife.

As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24“And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Why try to compare the two. It has nothing to do if there is going to be a moon and sun.

Again this was a conversation Butch and I were discussing pages before you came in. That is why you do not understand why I would compare the two.

I understood the thread, which is why I stayed out of it. A question was asked, and I replied. No more, no less.

Guest Geoff Primanti

Since 'olam' doesn't mean forever and is a Hebrew word, and 'everlasting' and 'eternal' are English translations,

then wouldn't hell be temporary since English translations can be wrong.

Also, why is it ok to use the word 'olam' when describing hell,

but it's ok to use the words 'everlasting' and 'eternal' when describing eternal life.

It's very likely that hell is temporary but the lake of fire comes after it.  My understanding is that people are held in the former for the Great White Throne Judgment where it will be made evident to them the just reasoning behind both their former stay in hell and their being thrown into the lake of fire afterward.  Death and hell will also be thrown into the lake of fire, and it doesn't matter to me too much whether the people who are thrown into the latter for that their names were not written in the proper Book; are put back into hell before it is thrown into the lake of fire or if they will just experience the lake of fire apart from their former environment.