IGNORED

Where is the Body of Christ in the Millennium?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I think this is an important question to ponder.

Now we all have thoughts, but I`m sure we`d rather know what God says. Thus it is God`s word we are looking at & not our opinions. So scripture is needed, as we all know, to support our view.

Hi Marilyn,

It is commonly believed that the body of Christ will be returning will Him at the second coming. I'll add three scriptures. The first shows that the martyrs that refuse the mark of the beast will be among those who will reign with Christ in the millennium.

Revelation 20:4

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the martyrs are not the only ones who will rule and reign with Christ during the millennium, because those who are ready and meet Him in the clouds (rapture) will reign with Him as well.

Matthew 24:44-47

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

So the body of Christ (saints) will return and reign with the Lord during the millennium.

Revelation 19:11-16

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Cheers

======================================================================================

The first shows that the martyrs that refuse the mark of the beast will be among those who will reign with Christ in the millennium.

(Revelation 20:4) "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

The Group in Rev 20:4 are the "Tribulation Saints" that are identified here... (Revelation 7:13-14) "And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?  {14} And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." 

They are not the same as this group (The Slain under the Altar).....

(Revelation 6:9) "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:"

This is an Equivocation (Fallacy) with the Term "Martyrs".  The Group in Revelation 20:4 were "Beheaded" and yes Martyred... and Yes the Group under the Altar were Slain; Ergo, "Martyred".  But the Group in Rev 20:4 were Literally....."Beheaded" and are a Specific Type.... with some other unique identifiers that settles the matter:  not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands.

These Identifiers (and "Beheaded" because not all the Slain under the Altar were "beheaded") Preclude the Slain under the Altar from being in the same group.

As a side note:  I have some startling information concerning these "Beheadings" but I will not post on an open forum.  PM me and we'll discuss.

Matthew 24:44-47

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. 45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

So the body of Christ (saints) will return and reign with the Lord during the millennium.

Please identify "The Church" in you Passage....?  Especially when "The Mystery of The Church" wasn't revealed until it was Paul's Honor to do so....

(Ephesians 3:1-6) "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,  {2} If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:  {3} How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,  {4} Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)  {5} Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;  {6} That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:"

And you're Equivocating (Fallacy) "saints".  There's OT "Saints", Tribulation "Saints", New Testament "Saints".

I guess I never officially told you, but since you keep quoting me and trying to draw me into a discussion, I probably should tell you that you have been on my ignore radar for a pretty long time now. I've seen some of your recent posts and it's clear you have not changed. So please look for someone else to discuss your beliefs with. Thanks

======================================================================================================================

I guess I never officially told you, but since you keep quoting me and trying to draw me into a discussion, I probably should tell you that you have been on my ignore radar for a pretty long time now. I've seen some of your recent posts and it's clear you have not changed. So please look for someone else to discuss your beliefs with. Thanks

Hmmm, is that so... Why?  Why do I need to change?

You don't need to reply, I'm ok with it.  However, if you postulate concepts that are Unsound/Baseless, you'll forgive me if I systematically refute each and every one.... without expecting a reply. 

============================================================================================================

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Thank You For Your Engaging Posts

You also Joe  :thumbsup:   I've thoroughly enjoyed each of yours ever since I joined Worthy.

Think We'll Miss The First Resurrection?

No~! Me Neither

Yes, this seems to be a big problem and causes much confusion among GOD Searchers.

This is the "first" mention of it specifically...

(Revelation 20:5) "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

Then we get tangled up in semantics, concepts and the like.....a real boondoggle, if I may say :)

When does this "Time Frame" for the First Resurrection start??...is the question that resonates with me.

Because there have been some "Resurrections" before Revelation....

Lazarus (John 11:43)

Jairus' Daughter (Mark 5:35-42)

Jesus Himself

This one....(Matthew 27:52-53) "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,  {53} And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

and a couple of others.

For me, I'll just stick with....

(1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  {17} Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.  {18} Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

This must occur before Daniel's 70th Week... or it renders dozens of Scriptures and a Few Doctrines Null and Void.

"The Church" does not appear in Revelation/"Great Tribulation" until Rev 19 where "The Bride" is prepared.  She's just not there, Joe.

Caveat: She is in.... (Revelation 3:7) " And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;"

But that's before....(Revelation 4:1) "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."  <----- That's a Biggie!

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: Philippians 2:12-14

I hear Ya Joe.

Can I ask you Brother......is this a Call for Expediency over The Plain WORD OF GOD.....Absolute TRUTH? 

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

You also Brother

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Enoch2021,

My, you have been busy! Now can you answer my questions.

1. What does being the `wife/bride ` of Christ mean to you? What is its purpose?

2. What is the purpose of the Body of Christ in heaven during the great tribulation?

Marilyn.

Hi Enoch2021,

My, you have been busy! Now can you answer my questions.

1. What does being the `wife/bride ` of Christ mean to you? What is its purpose?

2. What is the purpose of the Body of Christ in heaven during the great tribulation?

Marilyn.

=====================================================================

Did I miss a post? ....sorry, about that.  

So....

Well she's "The Church".  What is it's Purpose? ..... That's a Time Sensitive question....the answer depends on "When". 

Scripture doesn't speak to it directly; however, I think a couple reasonable conclusions are...

Bema Seat (2 Corinthians 5:10) most likely.  Scripture isn't clear on the when...but it lines up.

Then, The Bride needs to be Prepared...whatever that entails.  A Possibility that I just happened on somewhat recently is.....Not everyone (Born Again Christians/The Church) will be apart of The Bride.

Not finished yet with my review of this but as of right now that's what it looks like..... and is Quite Sobering, Personally.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Enoch2021,

Some interesting thoughts there. Yes I would agree that the Body of Christ does appear at the Bema seat of Christ after we are `caught away.` However, scripture does go on to tell us what we will be doing & why. And I think that is important to know if we are to grow in knowing our Lord & what He desires for us.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

(Colossians 1:16-17) "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  {17} And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

You were saying....?

So God created murder?  God created accidental mudslides that swamp towns?  The verse in context refers to creation and  life-forms and matter. God did not create evil deeds and destructive natural processes and the destruction that comes with abusing this earth. God created a better earth than that, sin and abuse have disturbed this planet. God allows it to happen for now, but He does not create evil.  Neither does He always protect our bodies from such evil, he is more concerned with eternal salvation.

================================================================================

(Colossians 1:16-17) "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  {17} And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

What is your confusion with All Things?

"all things consist"----  All Things are "Held Together".  HE Holds every Electron in Every Atom's Orbit in the Entire Universe, Respectively.

but He does not create evil.

(Isaiah 45:7) "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

This passage doesn't make HIM evil.   HE created "TREES"....but HE's not a TREE.  Follow?

God created a better earth than that

HE surely did......then what happened??

1) The Greek word "pas" translated as "all things" in Colossians 1 is not as conclusive as you think. It has a wide meaning:

individually
each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything
collectively
some of all types

In context it is mainly referring to creation and matter.  You have a restrictive application to the Greek word, I feel you need to supply more evidence than just the one verse that can have a wide meaning.

2) You quote from Isaiah 45:7, which translation is that? Most translations do not use that wording, and the context is revealing the power and authority of God, calamity is a better translation in that context:
The Hebrew word " ra" as a noun means:   evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity

I feel you need more evidence for your strange philosophy that God creates evil.  I regard most of the seals and trumpets as warning and informing us what is to happen so we can be prepared for the tribulation.  Yes some of those are specifically the wrath of God, but most of these occur at the end of the tribulation, when we are already raptured. We do not experience any wrath on the day of the Lord, 1 Thess 5 is clear on that. That wrath on the day of the Lord is reserved for the unsaved. It is a thief in the night only to the unprepared as per 1 Thess 5    the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly,as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief

3) What happened was Adam and Eve, sin.

Huh  :huh: ?  Where does it say Gospel?  Where does this say preaching?  where does this say all the nations?....

(Romans 11:25) "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

ethnos  The Greek word used in this case means "nations"

Explain what you think the phrase means, giving your scriptural backing for your view. If you feel that Gentile nations cannot be saved during the tribulation, please provide scriptural evidence for your view. I believe the nations and Jews can still be saved during the tribulation, unless they have received the mark of the beast. Please provide scriptural evidence if you feel otherwise.

Huh  :huh: ?  Where does it say Gospel?  Where does this say preaching?  where does this say all the nations?....

(Romans 11:25) "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

ethnos  The Greek word used in this case means "nations"

Explain what you think the phrase means, giving your scriptural backing for your view. If you feel that Gentile nations cannot be saved during the tribulation, please provide scriptural evidence for your view. I believe the nations and Jews can still be saved during the tribulation, unless they have received the mark of the beast. Please provide scriptural evidence if you feel otherwise.

======================================================================================================

ethnos  The Greek word used in this case means "nations"

In this context, "Gentiles" is talking about The Church.  It's juxtaposing "Israel" with the "Gentiles".

"Gentiles" in general throughout Scripture means all nations besides Israel.

This is Called The Plain WORD OF GOD.  Provide evidence?  This is Tantamount to asking for more evidence for "apples growing on trees" from.....  "Apples grow on Trees".

If you feel that Gentile nations cannot be saved during the tribulation

What on Earth are you talking about?  Look up Strawman Fallacies and dwell on the definition for a while.

(Colossians 1:16-17) "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  {17} And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

You were saying....?

So God created murder?  God created accidental mudslides that swamp towns?  The verse in context refers to creation and  life-forms and matter. God did not create evil deeds and destructive natural processes and the destruction that comes with abusing this earth. God created a better earth than that, sin and abuse have disturbed this planet. God allows it to happen for now, but He does not create evil.  Neither does He always protect our bodies from such evil, he is more concerned with eternal salvation.

================================================================================

(Colossians 1:16-17) "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  {17} And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

What is your confusion with All Things?

"all things consist"----  All Things are "Held Together".  HE Holds every Electron in Every Atom's Orbit in the Entire Universe, Respectively.

but He does not create evil.

(Isaiah 45:7) "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

This passage doesn't make HIM evil.   HE created "TREES"....but HE's not a TREE.  Follow?

God created a better earth than that

HE surely did......then what happened??

1) The Greek word "pas" translated as "all things" in Colossians 1 is not as conclusive as you think. It has a wide meaning:

individually
each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything
collectively
some of all types

In context it is mainly referring to creation and matter.  You have a restrictive application to the Greek word, I feel you need to supply more evidence than just the one verse that can have a wide meaning.

2) You quote from Isaiah 45:7, which translation is that? Most translations do not use that wording, and the context is revealing the power and authority of God, calamity is a better translation in that context:
The Hebrew word " ra" as a noun means:   evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity

I feel you need more evidence for your strange philosophy that God creates evil.  I regard most of the seals and trumpets as warning and informing us what is to happen so we can be prepared for the tribulation.  Yes some of those are specifically the wrath of God, but most of these occur at the end of the tribulation, when we are already raptured. We do not experience any wrath on the day of the Lord, 1 Thess 5 is clear on that. That wrath on the day of the Lord is reserved for the unsaved. It is a thief in the night only to the unprepared as per 1 Thess 5    the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly,as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief

=====================================================================================================

I use the Authorized King James Version.

These are Textbook examples of the PLAIN WORD of GOD.  (SEE: Apples/Trees ect from previous post)

I didn't write it.  If you have a problem with it...then your issue is not with anyone but the Author.

Well there you have it.

ethnos  The Greek word used in this case means "nations"

In this context, "Gentiles" is talking about The Church.  It's juxtaposing "Israel" with the "Gentiles".

"Gentiles" in general throughout Scripture means all nations besides Israel.

This is Called The Plain WORD OF GOD.  Provide evidence?  This is Tantamount to asking for more evidence for "apples growing on trees" from.....  "Apples grow on Trees".

If you feel that Gentile nations cannot be saved during the tribulation

What on Earth are you talking about?  Look up Strawman Fallacies and dwell on the definition for a while.

Okay, so now we are back to the original point. I feel that our purpose does not change during the tribulation, we are to continue to preach and disciple the nations.