IGNORED

Under the evolutionism,do the western world still believe in GOD?

silviawang

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

It has nothing to do with me, I have no special knowledge , I submit to the Bible as God's Word as True and inerrant.

Well, so do I. But I also submit to God being greater than my intellect can grasp. I submit to the idea that he probably have knowledge and capabilities that could not be explained to me or any other human. I submit to the fact that when he speaks to me, he is speaking to a child, simplyfing so that I can grasp at least a fraction of the concept he is trying to explain. 

It seems to me you think that the greatness of God is limited to what you yourself can grasp and understand? 

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

See this is the thing - coming out completely in left field making really nasty accusations -this is why I am trying to understand someone who claims to be a Christian  and attacks other Christians who believe & follow JUST the Bible , not scholars but the Bible. I have no problem with you believing in whatever you want - that is completely up to you,  but I am trying to understand exactly what is your beliefs & what you follow so we can discuss it. For me, I see a contradiction & contempt just under the surface.  

It was not my intention to accuse you of anything. English is not my native language, and I am sorry if what I am writing comes of as harsh at times. I was just asking, trying to understand your point of view as you have been asking about mine. 

Just now, Davida said:

Well, yes it does, I looked him up and what he says.

It is a question of if one word of the original message have been misinterpreted. That is all. It is a translation issue, nothing more, nothing less. What difference does it make, anyway? 

1 minute ago, Davida said:

I believe in the Bible as God's Word-- twist that however you want. I think I'm done here.

So you can interrogate me, but when I ask you, then you get upset and leave? 

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

My friend, I do not want to interrogate you , I want to comprehend where you are coming from because I am confused from some of the comments you have made - I can't quite put this picture together.

I feel the same way about you, I cannot put the picture together and would like to understand your reasoning. 

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

I looked Ziony up in English, he's a Jewish scholar.

Yes. Does that make a difference to you? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

A long time ago I was told us men have 1 less rib than women. I don't know if this is true. The person who told me this said the reason is because that was the rib used to make women. I never looked into this because I don't think it's an issue.

I understand what Saktmodig means about God telling ancient man what he could understand. I don't think Saktmodig  realized yet that evolution is unproven theory, not a fact. I also don't think he realizes yet how uncertain science is. I read last year that Stephen Hawking now doubts the validity of the Big Bang theory. Interesting. The world's top physicist doubts the Big Bang theory. This is what I mean. As science learns new things different theories become popular. But this danged theory of evolution is also a Theory. But everyone pretends it's a fact because it's used to argue that God isn't real. It really doesn't matter how God created all things. He did.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, silviawang said:

And another problem is:

The Bible blames the  idolatry/polytheism from cover  to cover

Shall we only keep the blind faith, agree with BIBLE without any reason

Or shall we try to find out why  idolatry/polytheism are evil

Well, you don't have to taste poison to see if is really poison.  You have to read the label to see the contents.  Same with religious teachings.  If in general terms, they do not match up with the  Bible and the fact that Jesus Christ is God, then no need to  go find out about all their other beliefs.  It can take you down the path of doubt and play with your mind to lead you astray.   

9 hours ago, silviawang said:

GOD is not only the creator of the Israelite,the westerner,but also the creator of Indian and Chinese,etc.

There are 70 billions peoples on this planet,and more than 25 billions are the Indian and Chinese

Make some sense???

Also, i think you may have added a lot more  billions to the earth population.  Double check your figures and numbers.  I think you mean 7b   and 2.5 b in India.  

Ok. So, a  check on the famous google shows a world population of 7.4 billion and  India has 1.25  billion.    Where did you get your figures from.  hmmm.

Edited by warrior12

17 minutes ago, JTC said:

A long time ago I was told us men have 1 less rib than women. I don't know if this is true. The person who told me this said the reason is because that was the rib used to make women. I never looked into this because I don't think it's an issue.

I understand what Saktmodig means about God telling ancient man what he could understand. I don't think Saktmodig  realized yet that evolution is unproven theory, not a fact. I also don't think he realizes yet how uncertain science is. I read last year that Stephen Hawking now doubts the validity of the Big Bang theory. Interesting. The world's top physicist doubts the Big Bang theory. This is what I mean. As science learns new things different theories become popular. But this danged theory of evolution is also a Theory. But everyone pretends it's a fact because it's used to argue that God isn't real. It really doesn't matter how God created all things. He did.

I do not think you understand how similar our points of view are here. The last two sentences you just wrote here basically explains my whole point of view. 

Do I believe God is great enough to create through evolution? Yes. 

Does that mean that evolution is a fact? No. But as long as it is the leading theory I see no reason to argue against it. It could have happened like that. I really does not matter. Because no matter how it happened I believe God is great enough to do it just like that. 

34 minutes ago, Davida said:

Mine is simple , Bible only -baby! ....as the literal infallible Word of the living God.

But don't you think God is greater than that? 

The Bible is great at being the Bible, but it does not answer any question of life. How to cook a really nice steak for example. I wouldn't turn to the Bible with that, I would turn to a cook book. Does that mean that the Bible is imperfect? Or that the Bible's teachings about foods are wrong? No. But it is not the purpose of the Bible to teach us to cook. Nor to teach us about science. The purpose of the Bible is to teach us about God.