Boycott the Jews? You will die sooner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I don't get this. I personally think anyone who feels a need to take sides when there are atrocities on both sides needs to check their position and change. I really don't get what is wrong about acknowledging the wrong things both sides do including Israel without condemning them. It is a lie and deception that we must pick a side and to be honest an evil one at that.

There is also excellent evidence to conclude that the Jews are suffering under a curse at the moment because of their rebellion against God. Did we skip that part of the bible explaining it.

Oh boy.

The entire globe was cursed by God way back when.

YOU and I are suffering under a curse....try tilling the earth and watch the weeds come up

did you skip that part of the Bible?

did you miss what Coheir posted?  May I suggest you read it?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Jews are no more under a curse for their unbelief than any other unbeliever and to single the Jews out for special condemnation on that is anti-Semitic.

once again you show you are incapable of having a rational conversation. You resort to name calling and labels that are used mainly to try and silence people.

I guess I'm older than you as I seem to know more of the history. Israels argument that they warn people to leave if true (there have been doubts cast on that from Israelis) are totally impractical anyway. This has been going on for years. If you really think both sides are innocent then there is not much to say really. 

See my position allows me to point to bad things both sides do and condemn inhumane actions no matter which side does it. Your position allows no such possibility.

Before you accuse others of not being capable of having rational conversations, I suggest that you look up the word rational and find out what it means. It appears to me that anybody who disagrees with you is not rational in your book.

I know what it means. That I have chosen not to point things out is because of reasons I have stated. It is because people want to quickly jump onto using terms that are designed to shut people down without presenting fact. I have plenty of conversations with people I disagree with with where people are far more polite than many of the responses here.

and yet you say the Jews are cursed which must mean, in your economy which I might actually understand a little of after reading your responses, that what else can they expect but to be

singled out for having missiles hurled at them while the rest of the world watches

those sentiments are most definately NOT in any Bible I have ever come across

what do you suppose Americans did to deserve 9/11?  if you answer the same, which really you must, then perhaps you need to study it all out just a bit more

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

No, because Israel are still producing those products today. The majority of laptop and mobile phone technology uses parts from Israel and due to patents as well as production, Israel still earns money on them. Every time you buy a new computer, Israel makes money. Sorry, you would still have to boycott those too.

of course I wouldn't have to boycott those because I'm not boycotting any nation. There are certain companies I will not purchase products from but to the best of my knowledge they are not Israeli companies.  Many of the things listed in the article in the OP are now made in other countries as well. So as I said if I was boycotting Israel then I would not need to boycott those things. 

Jews are no more under a curse for their unbelief than any other unbeliever and to single the Jews out for special condemnation on that is anti-Semitic.

once again you show you are incapable of having a rational conversation. You resort to name calling and labels that are used mainly to try and silence people.

I guess I'm older than you as I seem to know more of the history. Israels argument that they warn people to leave if true (there have been doubts cast on that from Israelis) are totally impractical anyway. This has been going on for years. If you really think both sides are innocent then there is not much to say really. 

See my position allows me to point to bad things both sides do and condemn inhumane actions no matter which side does it. Your position allows no such possibility.

Before you accuse others of not being capable of having rational conversations, I suggest that you look up the word rational and find out what it means. It appears to me that anybody who disagrees with you is not rational in your book.

I know what it means. That I have chosen not to point things out is because of reasons I have stated. It is because people want to quickly jump onto using terms that are designed to shut people down without presenting fact. I have plenty of conversations with people I disagree with with where people are far more polite than many of the responses here.

and yet you say the Jews are cursed which must mean, in your economy which I might actually understand a little of after reading your responses, that what else can they expect but to be

singled out for having missiles hurled at them while the rest of the world watches

what do you suppose Americans did to deserve 9/11?  if you answer the same, which really you must, then perhaps you need to study it all out just a bit more

once again evidence that people are not interested in actual discussion. I made no such claims about the jewish people. That you decided to interpret it that way is not my fault. There are curses specifically for the jews if they turn their back on God. As explained earlier that doesn't mean we get off scot free if we turn our back on God.

So why do you call God anti-semitic? I personally wouldn't but for some reason you have chosen to.

Wow.  In the absence of an intelligent response, I guess this kind of drivel is all you have left.

I did not single the Jews out.

Yes you did.

Since I was not commenting on general ones that apply to all people then there was no need to mention others. 

It is fact there are some curses in the bible specifically for the Jews and there is evidence to support the view that they are still under that curse.

I am sure there are verses you have found that you can twist and contort to support such views.  But a true Christian will reject your perversion  of Scripture.

If you are not ignoring facts then provide the counter argument to them. I assume you know what they are since you claim to not be ignoring them.

You haven't provided any real facts to counter.  I am simply countered the usual anti-Semitic talking points people like you put out.  But so far, you haven't provided any facts, much less anything substantive, meaningful or important in this conversation so far.  All I see is religious bigotry coming from you.

I have made no comment at all on moral equivalency of Hamas and Israel. I have simply looked at their actions in this war which while having cease fire periods has been ongoing for decades.

Yeah, you have tried to make them morally equivalent as if both nations are guilty of atrocities in this war.  I have refuted that by showing that Israel is actually providing more for the Palestinians than anyone else, had has for decades.

Complete and utter rubbish. Boycotts are about who makes the stuff now not who invented it or who used to make it.

No, the rubbish is all on your end.  Israeli products are being boycotted all of the time, in areas of medicine and technology.  We are talking about products made in Israel by Israelis.   it's why "Christians" (so-called) are supporting economic divestment in Israel.

See you call it drivel but at the end of the day I mention something that is in the bible and you called it anti-semetic. Sorry but it isn't my fault that you don't know what your actually saying.

You also falsely claimed I was targeting Jews only. I happened to mention that they seem to be under a curse. I never said they were the only ones facing a curse. You however decided to claim that I was saying they are the only ones who would ever face judgement from God. That was something I never ever said. 

I didn't realise I needed to provide anything. You said yourself that you had considered all the facts so I assumed you knew what I was talking about. Guess you haven't considered everything after all. 

I also never said Israeli products are not being boycotted by some people/groups. You really need to improve your comprehension skills. I only rightfully pointed out that many of the things listed in the link in the OP are also made in other countries now so therefore if one was boycotting Israel then they would not need to boycott those things. I never made any comment on if a boycott was or was not happening. 

Guest shiloh357

So why do you call God anti-semitic? I personally wouldn't but for some reason you have chosen to.

Wow.  In the absence of an intelligent response, I guess this kind of drivel is all you have left.

I did not single the Jews out.

Yes you did.

Since I was not commenting on general ones that apply to all people then there was no need to mention others. 

It is fact there are some curses in the bible specifically for the Jews and there is evidence to support the view that they are still under that curse.

I am sure there are verses you have found that you can twist and contort to support such views.  But a true Christian will reject your perversion  of Scripture.

If you are not ignoring facts then provide the counter argument to them. I assume you know what they are since you claim to not be ignoring them.

You haven't provided any real facts to counter.  I am simply countered the usual anti-Semitic talking points people like you put out.  But so far, you haven't provided any facts, much less anything substantive, meaningful or important in this conversation so far.  All I see is religious bigotry coming from you.

I have made no comment at all on moral equivalency of Hamas and Israel. I have simply looked at their actions in this war which while having cease fire periods has been ongoing for decades.

Yeah, you have tried to make them morally equivalent as if both nations are guilty of atrocities in this war.  I have refuted that by showing that Israel is actually providing more for the Palestinians than anyone else, had has for decades.

Complete and utter rubbish. Boycotts are about who makes the stuff now not who invented it or who used to make it.

No, the rubbish is all on your end.  Israeli products are being boycotted all of the time, in areas of medicine and technology.  We are talking about products made in Israel by Israelis.   it's why "Christians" (so-called) are supporting economic divestment in Israel.

See you call it drivel but at the end of the day I mention something that is in the bible and you called it anti-semetic. Sorry but it isn't my fault that you don't know what your actually saying.

I call it drivel because that is what it is.  You didn't mention anything from the Bible and for that reason I can call the argument that the Jews are suffering under some "curse" as anti-Semitic.   It is really easy and intellectually lazy to simply blame the Jews for the suffering they are undergoing.

All throughout history, everytime the Jews were under persecution or others were seeking annihilation, the Jews were to blame for their own predicament.  The holocaust, the pogroms and now Islamic terrorism are all blamed on the Jews because they don't believe in Jesus, as if they are getting what they deserve.   That is anti-Semitism in its purest form.

I am sorry, but it isn't my fault that you don't know the Bible and can't recognize racism when it rears its ugly head

You also falsely claimed I was targeting Jews only. I happened to mention that they seem to be under a curse. I never said they were the only ones facing a curse. You however decided to claim that I was saying they are the only ones who would ever face judgement from God. That was something I never ever said. 

I didn't say you were saying they are the only ones.  I said that you single them out for special condemnation.  There are other nonbelievers suffering oppression in the world but the Jews are the ONLY people against whom the world "blames the victim."   Instead of blaming the terrorists, it just easier and more intellectually lazy to just say, "the Jews rejected Jesus,  they deserve to be bombed by terrorists."

I didn't realise I needed to provide anything. You said yourself that you had considered all the facts so I assumed you knew what I was talking about. Guess you haven't considered everything after all. 

Yeah, you mentioned facts, but when pressed, you can't seem to provide any facts you claim exist, which pretty much torpedoes the credibility of anything you have to say up to this point.

I also never said Israeli products are not being boycotted by some people/groups. You really need to improve your comprehension skills. I only rightfully pointed out that many of the things listed in the link in the OP are also made in other countries now so therefore if one was boycotting Israel then they would not need to boycott those things. I never made any comment on if a boycott was or was not happening. 

The comprehension problems are not on my end.  Evidently you are fond of trying refute arguments I didn't make in the absence of credible argument on your part.  I didn't accuse you of saying anything.  I simply pointed out that the boycotts are not of other companies making products that Israel once made.  The boycotts are aimed squarely at products made in Israel.   Companies that buy and sell Israeli made products are also targets of those boycotts, even if they are not Israeli companies.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

No, because Israel are still producing those products today. The majority of laptop and mobile phone technology uses parts from Israel and due to patents as well as production, Israel still earns money on them. Every time you buy a new computer, Israel makes money. Sorry, you would still have to boycott those too.

of course I wouldn't have to boycott those because I'm not boycotting any nation. There are certain companies I will not purchase products from but to the best of my knowledge they are not Israeli companies.  Many of the things listed in the article in the OP are now made in other countries as well. So as I said if I was boycotting Israel then I would not need to boycott those things. 

They have patents. It doesn't matter country they are manufactured in, Israel still gets money!

Guest shiloh357

once again evidence that people are not interested in actual discussion. I made no such claims about the jewish people. That you decided to interpret it that way is not my fault. There are curses specifically for the jews if they turn their back on God. As explained earlier that doesn't mean we get off scot free if we turn our back on God.

They are boycotting companies that sell products made and patented in Israel.  They are not boycotting cell phones, but they are boycotting cell phones and other products actually made in Israel but sold elsewhere to keep companies from doing business with Israel.  It's all part of the attempt to get businesses to divest in Israel and not buy any products made in Israel thus harming the Israeli economy

They have patents. It doesn't matter country they are manufactured in, Israel still gets money!

so a patent that lasts 20 years would still be granting money over sixty years later. Sorry doesn't work like that. Many of the things mentioned are definitely no longer under patent. Some things I'm not sure about.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

so a patent that lasts 20 years would still be granting money over sixty years later. Sorry doesn't work like that. Many of the things mentioned are definitely no longer under patent. Some things I'm not sure about.

I didn't realise that modern digital technology and the latest medical drugs were invented sixty years ago.