Loosing weight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I lost about 60 pounds last year with a strict diet that was not enjoyable at all.  I stopped after I suffered a broken bone in my arm at the wrist and had to have two surgeries on it.

It's time to finish up with the last 60 pounds I need to loose, but starting that diet is about as much fun as getting a tooth capped.

Has anyone had any experience with Carb Blockers.   Specifically White Kidney Bean Extract?

I checking to see if it has been a problem with anyone..

I have not tried carb blockers, so I cannot answer your question. I would suggest however, that if someone here has used them, and replies, that althought their experience may or may not include weight loss, it is difficult to know that the carb blockers were the reason for the results, or if they even had any effect of any kind. Anectdotal stories are rarely backed up with any sort of controled experiments or accurate data gathering.

I need to lost weight also, I lost 70 pounds over several months this year, and although I seem to have stalled out, and not lost weight for almost a month, I hope to get back on track and lose another 25 pounds by February.

I hope you find a solution, but consider perhaps, not looking so much for what sort of supplement you can take, maybe just basic, time proven weight loss methods that work 100% of the time might be in order.

In an effort to get you specific info for your question, I offer this:

http://www.webmd.com/features/the-truth-about-starch-blockers/

last year I went on a 1,000 calorie a day diet.....    I don't think that's good either.   One has to burn more calories than one eats to loose weight.  For me exercise just packs on more muscle and it doesn't help my knees and left leg where I have nerve damage from some Air Force idiots.

other one, i went on a low carb diet once.... and lost a ton of weight. well, 35 lbs, which seemed like a ton at the time. (and that seems like a very, very long time ago!) during that time, i did use carb blockers for those days when i just couldn't resist. i'd take a couple of carb blockers (white kidney bean was the primary ingredient) before devouring two baskets of chips, salsa and bean dip and a platter of fajitas. when i realized (pretty quickly) that i would have no weight gain following it, i made that mexican food binge a weekly treat.

other one, i went on a low carb diet once.... and lost a ton of weight. well, 35 lbs, which seemed like a ton at the time. (and that seems like a very, very long time ago!) during that time, i did use carb blockers for those days when i just couldn't resist. i'd take a couple of carb blockers (white kidney bean was the primary ingredient) before devouring two baskets of chips, salsa and bean dip and a platter of fajitas. when i realized (pretty quickly) that i would have no weight gain following it, i made that mexican food binge a weekly treat.

and that's my problem.....   when you are doing a thousand calories a day, you have to fast for three days to eat at a Mexican Restaurant.......   but I did loose a lot of weight.... 65 pounds in 5 months......   I also lost about a third of my hair.  Not all in one spot, but it got substantially thinner.....   My barber asked me if I was sick or something.

as soon as we get back from the lake I'll start swimming at the Y again....   I tried lifting weights, but that just made me gain weight.....   muscle or not, I need to get down to a bit below 200.

i'd like to lose weight again. since that time (five years ago) i've not only gained back the 30 i'd lost, i added another 36 lbs to boot... although when i spent a week in the hospital earlier this summer when my colon and appendix exploded, i lost 16 lbs... just from being unable to eat while i was on all those meds. but i just don't want to ever diet again.  i'm such a finicky eater! and if i were to do a thousand calories a day, i'd have to buy those crappy frozen dinners to stay on track, because i don't do well at weighing food and counting calories. so for now i just try to do portion control. it's at least keeping me from gaining any more.

anyway, back to your topic, if your diet is about calories, then i don't think the carb blocker is going to help. the limited calories alone should be plenty.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have weighed about 81 kg (178 lb) give and take a few pounds since I came out of the army in the early 70's. I have however seen the weight "shift" a bit round the middle as gravity takes it's course.

I have slimmed down round the middle through a complete change in lifestyle. I mean like a 180 degree turn. I stopped taking any refined sugar at all, and the same with salt. I watch any package for sodium content and if it is over 140 mg I don't buy it. I only eat low GI food (so I can eat Basmati rice for instance). I eat very little processed food (such as meat products), and nothing out of a can (except tuna or sardine). I do eat a lot of fresh greens and vegetables, fresh meat, chicken and fish. I snack on wholewheat crackers and unsalted peanut butter, cashew nuts and apples.

No takeouts, and if I do eat out, usually sushi.

I am also trying to exercise regularly. I take it easy and walk about 3 miles every second day, but at a very fast pace. I try to get my heart rate up above 130 beats per minute and sustain it for a period before dropping to 115 or so. my resting heart rate is about 80.

It has helped gravity move up a bit  :cool2:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Here are three easy steps to get rid of the pounds.

1. Don't eat after 7pm.  Any fat you take in before bed will be used up as energy when sleeping instead of the fat stored in body.

2. Stop drinking soda.

3. Eat portions.  Common size would be the size of your fist.  Make sure you have a snack in between your meals.  This can be fruit or some sort of bar with protein.  

Now if you are working out I would maybe take some sort of protein shake with the in between meals.  Eating like this doesn't take away the items you like to eat.  If you have cravings for lets say a cake, don't buy or make the cake just have a small piece and move on.  

One good way to stay within the portions and never bring the extra food to the table.  Leave it on the counter or even put in the fridge right away, this will keep you from going back for seconds.

Hope this helps

If you have cravings for lets say a cake, don't buy or make the cake just have a small piece and move on.  

may i recommend this for those who crave cake... the calorie count depends on the brands you buy. i've seen them counted anywhere from 50 to 180 calories. using the mixes i used, it's 120.

1 box of angel food cake mix.

1 box of chocolate (or any other flavor) cake mix.

put in zip lock and mix thoroughly.

when you want cake, stir 3 Tbsp mix, and 2 Tbsp water, into a mug or ramekin dish. nuke it for 1 minute. the result is a perfect, light, and somewhat odd looking piece of cake that tastes delicious. i like to top mine with whipped cream. one of these days i might pour on some chocolate syrup, but that would be adding on unnecessary calories.

if you lose these instructions, just remember it's a 3-2-1 cake. google that and you'll come up with about a billion results for it.

Well, it seems that if I take about a thousand mg. of White Kidney Bean Extract, I can eat carbs without them being digested......   and with little side effects...

That's what I was asking in the OP; if anyone had used these before.

I understand how to loose weight, I just don't want to diet to do so.  I lost 65 pounds in 2013 in about 5 months.....   but it's not fun and not really healthy.   I am not having trouble with gaining the weight back, I just don't want to go through what I did last year.....