Guest just_saved

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

In the scheme of salvation I think they are all the same. In worldly events there seem to me to be some sins (especially in groups of people) that He will not tolerate. The times of Sodom and Gomorrah are an example. The Lord tells us of a group of people who are in total sin, but the ones that are talked about are sexual sins. Homosexuality and beastiality are the two that come to mind from the scriptures. Things He just doesn't seem to even tolerate for any given length of time.

But as for salvation..... nope a murder is no better or worse than other sins, and the people guilty of homosexuality are no different than those of adultry, all falling short of the mark with the same future away from the Father......

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Indeed! Amen!

Id say god's punishment for Debauchery, homosexuality, promiscuity, sleeping around:

He said "DONT DO IT!" for your own sake, HIV and AIDS if you do it too much.

God hates Homosexuality, promiscuity etc, because he doesnt want to his children hurt.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

This was the response Jesus gave to Pilate when Pilate said that he had the authority to release Jesus or crucify him. So, surely this clearly states that yes, the Lord sees sin as sin, but some are worse than others(?).

Greetings Just-Saved,

As another poster wrote, in God's eyes, ANY sin is enough to keep you from eternal life from Him, including unbelief.

However, ON THIS EARTH, God has given us commands to reward evil JUSTLY. Thus an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. We do not punish a person with death if they steal, say a pear, because he was hungry. But we ARE commanded that "if a man sheds blood, so shall his blood be shed.

So you might say that ON THIS EARTH, there are DEGREES of sin, but in actuality, it is the PUNISHMENT which is command "in degrees" according to the sin.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans

6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans

Think of different sins in two categories (1) a huge wrecking ball and (2) a bullet. Now if you get hit in the head with a wrecking ball, what happens? You

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Sin is sin and God dosent want us to commit any of them,but we do.Some sins we pay for now but some we will account for on judgement day.

Guest just_saved

Hi all...

Dad Ernie, in direct response to your posting...

My Old Testament knowledge is admittedly weak and please correct me if I've misunderstood your posting, but I do believe "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" was from the Law that God gave as a covenant to His chosen people of the time, the Jews - and they had no choice over the matter. As such, we are not bound by the covernant of the Law, as Jesus brought to us a new covenant that we had the choice of accepting, and that is now under the Grace of God. Whereby everything must be done with love in mind, and thus "If we are struck on one cheek, we must offer our other cheek to be struck (or words to that effect)" (Matthew 5:38-39) with the understanding that their time of judgement will come...as will all of ours....

Have I understood your reply DE???

God bless always.

Edited by just_saved

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

My Old Testament knowledge is admittedly weak and please correct me if I've misunderstood your posting, but I do believe "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" was from the Law that God gave as a covenant to His chosen people of the time, the Jews - and they had no choice over the matter. As such, we are not  bound by the covernant of the Law, as Jesus brought to us a new covenant that we had the choice of accepting, and that is now under the Grace of God. Whereby everything must be done with love in mind, and thus "If we are struck on one cheek, we must offer our other cheek to be struck (or words to that effect)" (Matthew 5:38-39) with the understanding that their time of judgement will come...as will all of ours....

Greetings Just_Saved,

As individuals, you are correct, we are to "turn the other cheek". The authority to punish has been given to those "in authority", i.e. in a family that would be the parents, in the world that authority is the government. If you will study the NT verses regarding the power and authority of the government, you will find that they do not bear the sword in vain and that the government is there for our good - and to punish the evil doers. In the family, we as parents have a much limited authority to punish, but we are to do it fairly yet justly. This is the point I was getting at.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest just_saved

Hi Dad E,

That makes perfect sense...(shame the government isn't corrupt-proof tho eh...but thats another discussion lol)...

Thanks again.

GBU,

JS