• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I hope no one minds me continuing this thread.  I'm hearing from everyone that Faith is about knowing a truth about God and the universe but the problem is without any proof, the older I get the more I question.  It's hard for me to believe without having any evidence and I've never been personally "touched" by Jesus like many others have said they were.  

I hope this makes sense I"ll try it.  As so many have said it is "the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen."  As I said in my post to you.  " Faith is walking to the edge of all the light you can see and then taking one more step"  Dr. Paul Crouch.  If we could see everything then faith would not be required.  I believe faith to be holding on tight to God's hand letting Him lead us to where we are to be knowing full well that the ground on the other side is sure and firm because He is already there.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

kwikphilly, on 08 Sept 2014 - 8:16 PM, said:

Blessings Louis

WElcome to Worthy & God Bless yoU!

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Did man have faith before sin ?

Blessings Just Faith,,,,,,are you asking about before they ate the forbidden fruit?I don't think that faith came into the picture yet because they saw God ,walked & talked with Him & were in His presence.....they had everything & had no need to hope for anything,they probably did not even know what it meant to hope .........IMO                                                              Love,Kwik                                                                                             

In the new would the saints cease to have faith in God because they can see Him ?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings justfaith

In the new?    New Heaven & New earth?    When we come face to face with God & are living in His Presence I believe that will be the fulfillment of our faith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what we hoped for in Christ come to pass!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309

Blessings justfaith

In the new?    New Heaven & New earth?    When we come face to face with God & are living in His Presence I believe that will be the fulfillment of our faith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what we hoped for in Christ come to pass!

But will hope exist in the New heaven and earth ?

What is the difference between hope and faith ?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Galatians 5:5

For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith

Faith rests in what is understood, hope is in the will.......Faith directs to what is,hope waits for a better thing

They differ by the diversity of working. Faith is a teacher and a judge, fighting against errors and heresies, judging spirits and doctrines; hope is, as it were, the general or captain of the field, fighting against tribulation, the cross, impatience, heaviness of spirit, weakness, desperation, and blasphemy, and it waits for good things even in the midst of all evils. Therefore, when I am instructed by faith in the Word of God, and lay hold of Christ, believing in Him with my whole heart, then am I righteous by this knowledge. When I am so justified by faith, or by this knowledge, by and by cometh the devil, the father of wiles, and laboureth to extinguish my faith by wiles and subtleties; that is to say, by lies, errors, and heresies. Moreover, because he is a murderer, he goeth about also to oppress it by violence. Here hope wrestling, layeth hold on the thing revealed by faith, and overcometh the devil that warreth against faith; and after this victory followeth peace and joy in the Holy Ghost                                                                                                                             .Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006, 2011 by Biblesoft, Inc.             

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Faith come by hearing, you have to hearing by the word of God. The Lord himself must give you this ability.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317

I have a dog that is obedience trained. When he was being trained, there are some things as the owner that I needed to know as well. The trainer trained me on how to deal with my trained dog.

One of the things he told me was this.

"When you give the dog a command to obey, you give it to him in the manner that he is going to do it. There is no question in the dogs mind about the command. You don't have a question in your mind as to whether that dog is going to obey you or not. You give the command, the dog responds. No question at all." 

This is very similar to the Roman soldier who had a sick servant. He asked that Jesus just say the word and he was healed. (Luke 7:1-10). This is faith. God has said it. We have faith that he is going to do it. No question. It is as good as done.

The part that we need to be very mindful of is that we are in the will of God. Having faith that we will, for example, win the lottery is not faith, it is selfishness.

Hope this helps.