Rodney

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about how is that we Christians get tricked into conforming to worldly values. When I was in high school I played football. I was already a Christian and played a clean game. I did not know dirty tricks of the game. I learned quickly how to play dirty, yet I refused to bow to that level. Here is one example: During one game which my team was winning, I was playing in the position of offensive tackle. As we had the ball and lined up on the line as soon as our quarterback said set, which means no one on the line could move the defensive tackle spit on my hand which caused me to move. We got penalized for my movement. This continued to happen and I complained to the referee. The referee said quit whining and play the game. Some of the other linemen on my team was experiencing the same thing. We told our coach and did nothing to help. Whenever someone moved because they were spit on we were penalized and our coach was very angry at us. In practice the next week the coach called us whiners and wimps. Some of my team mates felt they should spit back, I said we should not stoop to their level. The next defensive player to spit on us we will double team hit him and do this to any other defensive player that spit, the defense team got the lesson. The referee should have penalized those who spit, the penalty, un-sportsman like conduct and not encourage us to play dirty. Some people can say the referee taught you that everything is not fair and you have to be able to overcome the unfairness. I say the referee failed at his job to insure the game was played in a sportsman manner. My teams focus was not on the game but how to punish those who the referee failed to punish. You know when we started to double team the player who did the spitting fights erupted. The other team complained we were intentionally trying to hurt them. The simple thought that they are doing this to me is because I am spitting on them to draw a penalty was not in their mind. I am glad my team did not accept that we were whiners and should start to play dirty like them. They were so blind we had to tell them if you spit on we will double team or triple team you. If the referee would have did his job correctly or our coach ensure that the referee did his job we could have had a real game of skills. Do not allow satan to make you conform to his tactics to win. Join and stand together in the name of Jesus continue to do what is right and God will give you the victory. We did win the game!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,268
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

When I was 3 I stole a piece of gum from the grocery store.  My mom made me take it back and apologize.   So when I was 5 and my neighbor tried to force me to steal candy from the store for her, I refused and got beat up for refusing.  My mom stood by and watched this older, larger girl do this, saying that "we let her solve her own problems".  I felt betrayed because I was trying to do what was right and she did not support me.  I lost a tooth in that battle.  

We have to learn that we have to hold our ground and do what is right even if we stand alone.  It is a hard lesson.  But I am glad I learned it early in life.

James 1:12  Blessed is the man who endures temptation;  for when he has been approved, he will received the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Congratulations to both of you for learning important lessons while young. Those are the kind that stay with you all your life.

Rodney your story touched me because I played some football too in HS. Personally I think the referee should have backed your team up, and especially your coach should have. It just goes to show how far most people, and adults, are from doing what s right. But God made it work out in your favor. You won the game and learned a valuable lesson.

I learned as young person Honesty is the Best Policy, but due to the devil it often seems to not be. I'm a Sandy victim. My apartment building was harder than most over here because I went 8 weeks without power or heat. I applied to Fema for help and they were so overwhelmed my case was messed up, delayed, etc. I finally received a check along with a letter. The letter was explicit in that the money was ONLY for lodging and I would need receipts. Due to all the confusion, by the time I got the check we had power and heat again. In addition there weren't any hotel/motel rooms to be had. I would have had to travel 50 or more miles for a room, and I had no car. So I never even cashed the check, and everyone told me what a fool I was. Well, Fema is now asking for 5 million dollars back from all the people who used the money for things it wasn't given for. I could have been one of them. But I thank God I refused to use the money on anything other than lodging. I wasn't a fool at all.