• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys,

Kinda need advice or any word of encouragement.

Things in my life are going well but I don't know what to do with my life. I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia & I'm sick of being paranoid. I have been on different medications & different doses. The one I'm on now works best for me which is great! But it's been 5 years since I've finished high school, 5 years since I've been diagnosed with this mental illness. I've tried doing a proper course - twice. But because I felt uncomfortable going bathroom every 5 minutes which made me paranoid as well (I have type 2 diabetes), I ended up dropping out. I felt like I didn't fit in. I don't know what to do. I am taking some classes they have for people who have a mental illness/drug or alcohol addiction & they're great! But I know I can do better. The classes are simple but helpful. They have classes such as self esteem, walking group, diabetes educaiton & cooking (which is what I'm taking this term), etc etc. I don't know what to do. I've lost everyone that I use to be close to cause they don't understand my illness or what I go through. I am TIRED. I've prayed, I've talked to god, I'm going to church and all but I don't know what to do. I feel so useless and I have no friends. I really want to get out there but I fear people. Long story short I'm not the type who can stand up for herself & in person I'm such a quiet girl! I haven't told anyone yet but I feel like giving up this life. I don't know how I'm gonna do it. But I really am tired. Sometimes I wonder why I'm going through this.I'm trying to face my fears by going to places I avoid and get use to being around alot of people cause I fear big crowds. But I dunno anymore. I'm so lost. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life.

Any advice, word of encouragement or anything will be helpful.

gbu

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Kay!

God bless you. It is very hard. I know you must struggle daily. If your disorder wasnt enough add diabetes on top. Wow! All I can tell you is God loves you. He made you and there is some plan in place for your life so do not at any point give up! I have been praying for you and will continue. I am glad and proud of you in your progress that you are making with your classes. I know it seems long and drawn out but it just takes different people different stages. Everyone progresses differently.

Continue to take your meds and try your best to control your blood sugar. This will help alot. Do you exercise? That may help you to feel better too. Keep in touch with your counselor or therapist.

Praying. God bless you!

Thanks for the prayers! And thanks for the advice gbu both!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

how much sleep do you get each night???

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Miss KayLay....

ERRR,excuse me? No friends?      Good thing I know you & your are too far away for me to give you a bop on the head!!!!!!!

I love you my dear friend & I know how you struggle but I know how strong you are and that you will not give up because you have Jesus who abides in you and............YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS IN CHRIST JESUS!!!!

I hope you don't mind me saying so on the board here but I just want to say that you are an AMAZING young lady,that has come a looong way.........keep near the Lord & just keep doing what you have been doing,you are going to get through this & one day encourage someone else to hang in there because the Lord got you through it all.....& you will be/you ARE......His living testimony ,,,,to give Him Glory

Theres a lot of people here who love you(ME first!!!!!)and will pray with you and are here for you                     Love,Kwik

Thanks Kwik!,lol you're too funny. & "Other one" - Maybe about 8 hours sleep?

gbu